Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Get Free Talk Live into BUSINESS WEEK - you have to hurry though!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Get Free Talk Live into BUSINESS WEEK - you have to hurry though!  (Read 4581 times)

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Get Free Talk Live into BUSINESS WEEK - you have to hurry though!
« on: September 05, 2006, 12:03:46 PM »

If you go to this link you will see a text box to write us in.

http://www.businessweek.com/technology/bestof2006/bow/podcast.htm

They want the name "Free Talk Live" and a few words as to why we are your favorite... just make something up... doesn't have to be long.

Let them know why Free Talk Live should be #1.

Don't click on any of the radio buttons, or you'll end up voting for them.... (unless you see they've added a Free Talk Live button of course)

Thanks a million guys... This poll is running until the 8th... so if you see this... please let your friends know... and help us get into this....
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

Jason Rand

Re: Get Free Talk Live into BUSINESS WEEK - you have to hurry though!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 04:36:13 PM »

I just voted.  There were something like 1000 registered votes so far.  The one with the lowest vote on the list had 1%, so that would suggest that FTL could expect to get on the board with 100 or so people who wrote them in.  Good luck.

bushwacker

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 06:20:20 PM »

"Ask a Ninja" (whatever that is) is in the lead at 93%. Not sure how many votes this represents though.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 06:33:43 PM »

There is like some 5300 votes when I voted.  I think ask a ninja is getting votes cause it sounds funny and is easy to select. 
If they really wanted to do a poll they would have done the whole thing on a write in basis.  This poll is going to only signify what people find funny in a title not that they actually listen to that podcast.

Johnson

• Tactless Skeptic
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2006, 07:05:27 PM »

actually "Ask a Ninja" is ridiculously popular... it's a video podcast, both myself and torgo are subscribed to it...
"In silent resignation, one must never submit to them voluntarily, and even if one is imprisoned in some ghastly dictatorship's jail, where no action is possible - serenity comes from the knowledge that one does NOT accept it. To deal with men by force, is as impractical as to deal with nature by persuasion... Which is the policy of savages who rule men by force, and who plead with nature by prayers, incantations and bribes (sacrifies)." - Ayn Rand

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 07:16:36 PM »

I know that but even so it will get some votes just because it is easy to select and some people think it sounds like a funny title.  And I have seen one of the ask a ninja podcasts it was funny but not my taste.  I just think the poll is pretty worthless as it is set up as a multiple guess.

How much trouble would you and Torgo get in if you produced a video pod cast of, "Ask a Fat Ninja"? 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2006, 07:21:04 PM by libertylover »

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 03:46:42 AM »

Wow, we are up against a huge podcast! Yeah right. I voted but it seems like a waste of time.

gRegor

• geek
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • gRegorLove.com
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 12:11:51 PM »

I voted.

I'm not huge into podcasting or anything, but I think BusinessWeek should diversify polls like this a bit.  Doesn't seem right to put up a video podcast up against an audio podcast... just different beasts.  *shrug*

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 01:56:42 PM »

How much trouble would you and Torgo get in if you produced a video pod cast of, "Ask a Fat Ninja"? 

How about, "Ask a Fat Ninja Jesus"?

That is all sorts of wrong it should be a big hit. :wink:

Slim

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Freedom Fanatic
    • View Profile
    • Silm's Blog "Down With Big Brother"
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2006, 03:55:10 PM »

I voted here is what I wrote in

Free Talk Live http://www.FreeTalkLive.com
Free Talk Live discusses any issue that callers bring up no subject is off limits. FTL also does not take any mainstream political party line they are on the side of freedom with every subject.
Bet you didn't know that toads came in three flavors. (Disturbing Behavior)
There were two sides to that billboard and they both hurt equally. (40 Year Old Virgin)

Torgo

• Radio Monkey
    • View Profile
    • Torgo Is Jesus - The Blog
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2006, 03:57:22 PM »

I know that but even so it will get some votes just because it is easy to select and some people think it sounds like a funny title.  And I have seen one of the ask a ninja podcasts it was funny but not my taste.  I just think the poll is pretty worthless as it is set up as a multiple guess.

We wouldn't get in trouble at all.  The guys at Beatbox love parodies of their work.  They'd probably feature us on their website if we did it.  :-P

-Torgo
Last 5 Songs Played...

reinkefj

• Just a big turkey!
  • Guess whose who?
    • View Profile
    • My Summary Page
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2006, 04:01:02 PM »

Free Talk Live
http://www.freetalklive.com

They are energetic and smart. I download the podcast each week and listen to it while I drive. They challenge my thinking and at the same time are entertaining. I've listened to some really deadly podcasts and they were snoozers. The fact that ftl gives away their podcast and takes on all callers SHOULD set the standard for all the talk radio genre. RushL charges for his podcast and carefully filters his calls. FTL is brave enough to talk to anyone, and even encourages people who disagree with them to call. Their challenge to name a government program that works has NEVER been met. I think they are great.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2006, 04:18:41 PM »

I voted.

Harpakhrad11

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2006, 04:38:38 PM »

I did not vote. Why vote? It's futile. All is futile.

burnthebeautiful

« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 06:11:27 PM »

I voted.

At least it's giving business week a +1 in the amount of people they know like the show enough to vote.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Get Free Talk Live into BUSINESS WEEK - you have to hurry though!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 32 queries.