Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  German kid HIT BY METEOR and SURVIVES
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: German kid HIT BY METEOR and SURVIVES  (Read 3881 times)

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: German kid HIT BY METEOR and SURVIVES
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 09:38:05 PM »

Lucky bastard. Meteorites are worth thousands a pound.

Oh, and he survived.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 02:30:55 PM »

Very lucky. That hand wound just paid a bit for his college then huh?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Riddler

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 03:09:28 PM »

kid's a lying fucking kraut.

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 05:08:44 PM »

Bullshit story. Lying german kid.

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 05:41:17 PM »

Only an idiot would say this story is a lie. Or someone who hasn't read it, but then you'd have to be an idiot to dismiss out of hand something you haven't read, so there you go. Idiots.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Riddler

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 07:08:40 PM »

Only an idiot would say this story is a lie. Or someone who hasn't read it, but then you'd have to be an idiot to dismiss out of hand something you haven't read, so there you go. Idiots.

no asshole.
i read it & immediately thought, "Gee, if a space rock that left a fucking ONE FOOT CRATER in a road, hit someones hand before it hit the road, there'd be a fucking hole in that person's hand, or no hand."
this could very well be another urban legend.
don't be such a cunt all the time.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 08:34:42 PM »

Looks like a pile of dog shit from a German Shepherd to me...  :?

Luke Smith

« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2009, 04:25:23 AM »

Dylboz, once again you are wrong. If that meteor still had enough momentum to leave a crater in the ground, then it would certainly have left a hole in his hand, not simply "bounced off his hand". Simple physics.

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 04:38:13 AM »

Yeah, this lying little german bastard would be severely injured if this event transpired the way he claims. Anyone who can't see that is a total idiot.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 02:03:25 AM »

I would find it believable that he was hit by something that was thrown up by the meteorite AFTER it struck the ground. However, this story has just enough detail for the whole thing to sound like BS.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 11:41:12 AM »

If you douchebags had followed it up, you'd see that the kid didn't actually say it "hit him and bounced off." That was the reporter's language. He wasn't exactly sure. He says it hurt and threw him, he most likely just got grazed by it or he was hit buy a pice of debris from the impact. Just being that close to a speeding white hot rock as it plummets to the ground is enough to cause you pain and knock you over. But whatever, if it makes you happy to call a little boy a liar and then use derogatory names referring to his nationality, go for it.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 11:46:29 AM by Dylboz »
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Dylboznia

Richard Garner

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 11:47:52 AM »

This idiot is unashamed to say he is unpersuaded by a story that says a kid gets hit in the hand with a meteorite that is moving with enough force that it makes a foot wide crate in tarmac after bouncing off his hand. If a pea sized meteorite made a foot wide crater after bouncing off his hand, I doubt he would have much hand left.

Dylboz

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2009, 11:54:51 AM »

The kid has a wound. There is a verified rock from space, and a crater. The kid was there when the rock hit the ground, which no one disputes. It was not a direct hit, as if he was holding his hand out to catch it, and it need not have even made direct contact with him at all to cause him a painful wound or knock him down. Do you know what the kill radius is on a .50 cal machine gun? 12 inches, for a half inch round. The shock wave and heat generated by the speed of the bullet is enough to severely injure or kill a person whom the projectile doesn't actually hit, if it passes close enough to them. The reporter, not the kid, used the phrase "bounced off."

Dylboznia

blackie

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2009, 04:50:07 PM »

Do you know what the kill radius is on a .50 cal machine gun? 12 inches, for a half inch round. The shock wave and heat generated by the speed of the bullet is enough to severely injure or kill a person whom the projectile doesn't actually hit, if it passes close enough to them.
?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  German kid HIT BY METEOR and SURVIVES

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.