Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Fuck the Dumbass Amplifier that asked RP about 'his' racist newsletters
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuck the Dumbass Amplifier that asked RP about 'his' racist newsletters  (Read 13962 times)

BonerJoe

This whole news letter thing is a total distraction. How about focusing on the racism that he continues to promote today?

What'cha talk'n 'bout, Willis? .

Dem Irregar Immegrantz.

Zat

• View Profile
    • Just a photo gallery

This whole news letter thing is a total distraction. How about focusing on the racism that he continues to promote today?

What'cha talk'n 'bout, Willis?

This is new to me. Please enlighten.

Immigration controls/closed borders and scapegoating of the immigrant, I assume.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

There are some quotes from the newsletters here:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/

I don't see any problem with asking the guy uncomfortable questions, but I do think that the caller was just being an asshole. It's a topic that's already been covered. His name was on the newsletters, but I don't think the guy should be held accountable for everything that was in them.. that'd kinda be like holding Ian & Mark accountable for all statements made here in their forum.

On his "current racism".. that's a cheap shot. His reply to the question posed to him regarding immigration was completely sensible.

I posted a topic similar to this one, but my point was aimed more toward how the hosts shrugged off the issues and seemed to want to hurry past them. No one else comes to mind who would receive a full pardon by the hosts except Paul. The hosts declare that they will never work with bigots and continually make fun of people who oppose free immigration, so I think it's cheap that they kinda ignore this from Paul. A better approach would be realizing that finding a legion of individuals who are 100% like-minded is hopeless, so it's best to make the most of what ya got, get some shit done and work out the details later.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

davann

What'cha talk'n 'bout, Willis? .

Dem Irregar Immegrantz.

Ah. But does Paul's position on immigration automatically make him a racist? Might he just realize that there is far more political support to do something about immigration then there is to end the welfare some immigrants get? It is my opinion he is just coming at this issue from a realistic angle. I don't think that makes him a racist.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

...or maybe like in really-reality land, there is some truth in the notion that continually diluting what's left of a somewhat educated population with uneducated & unskilled peoples might not be such a brilliant idea?

You guys make it seem like the majority of immigrants are gonna move here and join the FSP, become outstanding successful people, learn to love liberty and we'll all end up holding hands in our minarchist society. Derr.. chances are it'll continue as it has- more Instant Cash Checking shacks, more Wal-Marts, more cowboy hats and pointy boots available at the flea markets (ok so maybe that's a draw..) - and a larger base for political parties to manipulate for votes.

I'd like to see welfare gone just as much as any of ya. Anyone think that's realistic though?

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI

Either he is himself a racist or is merely pandering to racists.

If he is wielding the moral principle that "unproductive mooches should be kept out of the country", then he should also advocate throwing the born-here unproductive mooches out of the country. Advocating the application of this principle against some races but not others is necessarily racist.

One two three

• View Profile

I have seen nothing that even suggests Ron Paul is a racist.  However, maybe that caller is a racist.

Ron Paul changed his position on immigration.  Maybe he did it to help him get re-elected.  Maybe he did it because working in Washington for so many years made him think that it is easier to reform immigration than welfare and he really wants taxes to be lowered.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

BonerJoe

I have seen nothing that even suggests Ron Paul is a racist.  However, maybe that caller is a racist.

Ron Paul changed his position on immigration.  Maybe he did it to help him get re-elected.  Maybe he did it because working in Washington for so many years made him think that it is easier to reform immigration than welfare and he really wants taxes to be lowered.

:|

davann

So, you believe that the anti-immigration crowd are all racists?

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI

So, you believe that the anti-immigration crowd are all racists?

Right, and the worst kind since they are supporting the use of violence against others based on this racism.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile

I think the last time that FTL interviewed Ron back in the prez campaign, he stated that he wasn't against immigrants per se. It seemed like he has been exclusively focused on financial issues as of late, and I never had the impression of Ron being racist - otherwise I wouldn't have the high opinion of him that I have. I think his total dis-ownership of the content of those specific letters tells the big picture. If he was prejudiced, I doubt he's be looking out for the financial status of the poorer folks and wouldn't be so concerned with promoting liberty across-the-board. I merely expressed my outlook of the said question in relation to FSP recruitment efforts and keeping good ties with a man that has a following that can easily be tapped into.

Russell Griswold

Yeah, I'm sure that question ruined Ron Paul's chances of being president in 2012. Now we're all doomed to live with statism forever.

Hahaha!  :lol:

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile

The word "racist" is being tossed around wrongly here, again.

rabidfurby

Yeah, I'm sure that question ruined Ron Paul's chances of being president in 2012. Now we're all doomed to live with statism forever.
It's about FSP recruitment

...and is therefore not subject to the normal rules of logic.

and not insulting someone who has done more for liberty than any of us could ever do separately.

If you start claiming that certain people are immune from criticism, you begin to sound like the neocons who claimed that you have to support the president no matter what, because we're at war.

That's a flaming pile of bullshit. The liberty movement is based on rationality and reason, not cults of personality. Abandoning principles because you think it will help some guy get 1.6% of the vote instead of 1.5% isn't worth it.

And, God knows it didn't help him get a higher vote total in NH after it was brought up the day before the primary. He, potentially, could've been higher up on the list and thus would've been in better shape in the next primaries to come.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#val=NH

He placed 5th in NH, losing to Giuliani by 2,000 votes. I think it's pretty unlikely that he lost a full 10% of his NH primary voters because of those rumors, but let's assume it was true for a moment.

He would have placed 4th instead of 5th in NH. So fucking what? Do you really think that would have triggered an avalanche of media coverage, or caused enough people to take him seriously that he could have done any better nationally?

And even assuming that rumor cost him the fucking presidency, why is it such serious fucking business now? He lost, get on with your life.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile

Rabid, my desire is to grow the movement as I've repeatedly stated. 2ndly, you don't invite someone over your house and then one of your guests treats them like shit. Nothing against FTL of course, it's just unfortunate that the only thing on Jeff's mind at the time was the question (which he likely didn't mention to the call screener) asked... People have a natural reaction against supporting anyone who is perceived as being racist (and rightly so). Outside of the diehard supporters that knew better, the general public (who we were targeting since it was an open primary and same day voter reg) most likely got wind of the allegation and bailed. Rasmussen Research, a polling company known for it's accuracy, had RP slated for 13-18%. This would've at least put him in 3rd, which would've been a nice enhancement from the IA caucus. To say that it wouldn't have made a difference is a very simplistic way of looking at the situation. Up here, freestaters have differences in their personalities and a few other traits, but we put them aside usually so we can promote the cause of freedom. But, nitpicking someone at a crucial time in America's ever-increasing slide into full-blown statism is not very prudent. I'm sure there were differences between the Founding Fathers, but they didn't let the small things prevent the cause from being promoted. A Revolution is going to take more than just the ideologically pure, sorry. Moving on with my life is parallel with increasing the amount of freedom for myself and others.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 09:02:49 PM by Rebel »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Fuck the Dumbass Amplifier that asked RP about 'his' racist newsletters

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.