Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FTL Propaganda.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: FTL Propaganda.  (Read 19023 times)

bonerjoe

Re: FTL Propaganda.
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2005, 06:47:19 AM »

Whycome Apple is the only one that's gotten the GUI thing right? It's a horrible patchwork on any other *nix system I've had the displeasure of using.

FTL_Ian

• Professional Iconoclast
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Free Keene
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2005, 10:38:39 AM »

Will you marry me?

I'll marry you for a price...
Please support the show by joining the AMP program at http//amp.freetalklive.com

I blog at http://freekeene.com

Cortaigne

« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2005, 10:45:17 AM »

Now that is funny  :lol:  :lol: Is that suppose to be Bill Gates?

It's the BSD Daemon mascot for the BSD operating systems like FreeBSD and NetBSD.  It's screwing the Tux penguin who is the mascot for Linux operating systems.  BSD people think they're better then Linux people so they like to talk shit about us Linux users.  I like both Linux and BSD.  There is also a picture of the BSD Daemon holding tux up with a pitch fork.

Most of the web sites on the net is probably running on a FreeBSD server or similar.  Usually most people use Linux for the Desktop and BSD based systems for servers. Though that's not allways the rule.  Plenty of people also do it vise versa.

OS X the operating system for Mac users comes from Darwin, a BSD based system.  BSD was originally a UNIX system which was closed source.  So all the open source BSD's and the Linux kernel all come from some form of UNIX.  So almost all operating systems have common ancestors.

And now with the Macintels coming, the Holy Grail is upon us.

Case in point:  http://darwine.opendarwin.org/

Run Windows apps NATIVELY on Mac OS X?  Without needing to deal with the viruses, spyware, and instability of Windows itself?  Why, thank you, I think I shall ...

bonerjoe

« Reply #63 on: December 16, 2005, 01:38:24 PM »

Will you marry me?

I'll marry you for a price...

Maybe I should put it up for bid.

Deived

• Heartless Libertarian
  • 612 Warf Ave
    • View Profile
    • Deived.com
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2005, 08:43:38 PM »

I printed out about 30 copies of the "Worlds Smallest Political Quiz" and wrote 'TheAdvocates.org' and 'FreeTalkLive.com" on each one.  I handed them out to people and left some here and there like vendor booths and other displays. 

Ive been printing more and keeping a few in my back pocket.  I pull one out and drop it somewhere every now and then.  Fast Food Restaurants, Movie Theaters, Wal-mart, Malls, and other outings and dinner functions Ive been to.  Any time I go into one of the restrooms, I always leave one there too.  I'm sure with the number that Ive left around, a few have looked, and hopefully have gone to the sites.

carkmouch

« Reply #65 on: December 23, 2005, 03:20:05 AM »

Put them in all the copies of

Atlas Shrugged (and other Rand works)
Brave New World
ect...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FTL Propaganda.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 33 queries.