Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FSP losing mega-points>>>due to jackassery of it's members
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP losing mega-points>>>due to jackassery of it's members  (Read 11789 times)

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile
Re: FSP losing mega-points>>>due to jackassery of it's members
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 09:03:40 AM »

You get one chance to make a first impression...how ya think that looked to a lot of people who never heard of the FSP until reading an article with that picture in it?

Tattos?  OMG!
Short hair? Massively popular.
Pathetic attempt at facial hair?  Very common.

dude...its shaved.  it's short to the point where you can't even call it short.  I have short hair.  that's shaved.

and I'd probably avoid eye-contact if I didn't know the guy.
Do yourself a favor.

JJ

• Sui Generis
    • View Profile
    • Starfall Media
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2009, 09:04:19 AM »

Its the same article that's been in all the other newspapers around the country, just has a different picture. 

Would this be the pictures that you are talking about?  

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?sh=10&st=k&remem=x&kw=mike+parag&intv=None
Wow, White trash anybody?

What else can you divine from your ivory seat of judgment, oh great, all-knowing one?
Now a FTL co-host on a new night!  Fridays!

Riddler

« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »

Would this be the pictures that you are talking about?  

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?sh=10&st=k&remem=x&kw=mike+parag&intv=None

good job muppet
that be the one
fucking union leader don't have article on web

Riddler

« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2009, 11:10:44 AM »

Can I ask why anyone should care about the score "Lord Humongous" apparently keeps? Why do his points matter?

fuck off dylhole
i brought up a valid point.
skin-head jackass w/ obnoxious tatoo is a great way to recruit potential fsp-ers
you fucking twat

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2009, 12:47:03 PM »

Too funny.

That dude was a really nice guy, actually. Just looked angry.

We had hot dogs and beans with him. He was going off about Leonard Peikoff*, calling him a collectivist and saying that he made the person who was interviewing him (O'Reilly, I think.) look like a libertarian.

*You kinda gotta be a tiny bit sophisticated to even know or care who Leonard Peikoff is.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2009, 12:48:51 PM »

Can I ask why anyone should care about the score "Lord Humongous" apparently keeps? Why do his points matter?

fuck off dylhole
i brought up a valid point.
skin-head jackass w/ obnoxious tatoo is a great way to recruit potential fsp-ers
you fucking twat

Is the guy even a FSP participant?  Why is he a skin-head?  How many minutes have you talked to him about his ideas?  

It's a freaking tattoo.  It says Liberty or Death.  Seems like a good thing to me.  Remember, the state motto in NH is Live Free or Die.  It's about the same to me.

Remember, NH has more bikers than anywhere else in the US.  It's know for it's biker culture.  There was a time when you couldn't get ink done in much of MA and people came to NH to get it.  There are still a ton of tattoo places in NH.  Lots of people in NH have tattoos, get over it.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:56:46 PM by HR Puff and Stuff »
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2009, 12:57:12 PM »

*You kinda gotta be a tiny bit sophisticated to even know or care who Leonard Peikoff is.

Or have taken a passing interest in Objectivism.

Which implies that you have a tiny bit of intellectual sophistication, at least. Objectivism isn't exactly skinhead hick level is all I'm saying. 
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Riddler

« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2009, 01:58:09 PM »

Is the guy even a FSP participant?  Why is he a skin-head?  How many minutes have you talked to him about his ideas?  

don't get all self-righteous w/ me.
an article about the fsp in a prominent statewide newspaper and the only picture they offer is a white guy w/ a shaved-head, bare-chested w/ a blaring tattoo.......
what do you think the average joe is going to get from that?
...."gee, i bet he's an open-minded, highly intelligent, productive member of society.."

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2009, 02:18:17 PM »

He got a tattoo on his chest, how else is he going to show it off?

I don't see what the big deal is.  I haven't yet see someone make a big deal about Doobie's picture with the sword, or anyone criticise him for walking around dressed in a kilt, sword and AR-15.  That isn't bad.  But a fucking kid gets a tattoo?  I'm sure the thing on his mind was how this was going to make the FSP look. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #39 on: July 27, 2009, 02:21:08 PM »

Hey, at least they didn't mention in the article that the FSP is supported by a dirty collection agency.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 27, 2009, 02:27:11 PM »

or that there is a radio show by a pair of free staters and one of them was in prison for murder.

maybe we should just make a policy where only people who look like the fucking Cleavers can sign up from here on out. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 03:57:25 PM »

I haven't yet see someone make a big deal about Doobie's picture with the sword, or anyone criticise him for walking around dressed in a kilt, sword and AR-15.  That isn't bad.  But a fucking kid gets a tattoo?  I'm sure the thing on his mind was how this was going to make the FSP look. 

KOS

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 06:18:31 PM »

an article about the fsp in a prominent statewide newspaper and the only picture they offer is a white guy w/ a shaved-head, bare-chested w/ a blaring tattoo.......
what do you think the average joe is going to get from that?

They are going to think...I don't know.  Here are some options, "That looks like a kid I know," or "His tattoo is like the state motto."
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Riddler

« Reply #43 on: July 27, 2009, 06:43:09 PM »

They are going to think...I don't know.  Here are some options, "That looks like a kid I know," or "His tattoo is like the state motto."  ...''ANTI-GOVT. GROUP w/
GUN-TOTING, WHITE-SUPREMICIST, SKIN-HEAD NAZI FANATICS

that's probably more in line w/ what the average joe is going to think
the ar-15, kilt wearing dude would have been icing on the red-flag cake....

i don't have anything against any of these people.
i don't know them.
maybe they're really cool.
the point of this thread, is the first impression a fledgling organization should be trying to convey, prob. wouldn't be a nazi/skin-head-lookin' dude attached to the article.
maybe one of the event leaders would ''steer'' the reporter to certain individuals......
maybe that happened, and maybe the reporter wanted to show a ''fringe'' character, like our poster-boy here....
all good questions....
i'm just sayin', is all................

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 27, 2009, 10:16:01 PM »

Wouldn't it have been the press that decided which photo to use along with the article?

There must have been some people there who have a more typical look about themselves- but that wouldn't bring the same reaction from readers would it?

I'm surprised at a number of y'all who are so upset over this guy's appearance. You sound just as scared at the sheople! I had a guy look timid when I came into his BBQ shack last week to eat. I even had my kids with me. I suppose because it was so far out in the country he didn't know what to do with one of them there NEE-O-NATZI/Satan Wershippers. Dumb fuck (but his BBQ was awesome).

Plus.. the skinhead scene has so many branches these days where both racist and anti-racist look the same that it's impossible to tell who's into what unless you talk to the nice people (found on both sides), or unless they have certain tats identifying themselves. Skinhead doesn't equal Nazi.. not even within the white supremacist groups.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FSP losing mega-points>>>due to jackassery of it's members

// ]]>

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 32 queries.