Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FSP losing mega-points>>>due to jackassery of it's members
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: FSP losing mega-points>>>due to jackassery of it's members  (Read 11846 times)

JWI

Re: FSP losing mega-points>>>due to jackassery of it's members
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2009, 01:00:34 AM »

So the FSP is full of racist skinheads that want to move only white people to New Hampshire to not pay taxes?

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2009, 01:03:18 AM »

Besides looking like a douche bag did this kid do anything wrong? 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 01:15:52 AM »

Its the same article that's been in all the other newspapers around the country, just has a different picture.  

Would this be the pictures that you are talking about?  

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?sh=10&st=k&remem=x&kw=mike+parag&intv=None

Hahah. He and his homies showed up on Sunday when there only a handful of us there yet. We referred to them as "the angry people" for three days and never bothered talking to them. Turned out they were totally nice dudes - nothing racist or scary about them at all, aside from tattoos and shirtlessness.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 01:33:21 AM »

So the FSP is full of racist skinheads that want to move only white people to New Hampshire to not pay taxes?

I think he may have been one of the people connected (maybe loosely) with the Alliance of the Libertarian Left.  You know: Agorism, farming, gun rights, and that type of thing.

http://all-left.net/

I didn't have much time to talk to them but I heard good things about them.

The article in the Keene paper featured different photos.  The AP took a lot of photos.

As far as the FSP, "We are looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else."

Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

JWI

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 01:38:05 AM »

I think he may have been one of the people connected (maybe loosely) with the Alliance of the Libertarian Left.  You know: Agorism, farming, gun rights, and that type of thing.

http://all-left.net/

I didn't have much time to talk to them but I heard good things about them.

The article in the Keene paper featured different photos.  The AP took a lot of photos.

As far as the FSP, "We are looking for neighborly, productive, tolerant folks from all walks of life, of all ages, creeds, and colors who agree to the political philosophy expressed in our Statement of Intent, that government exists at most to protect people's rights, and should neither provide for people nor punish them for activities that interfere with no one else."

*Sigh*

Wow, just wow.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 01:41:25 AM »

*Sigh*

Wow, just wow.

You are just one of those kinds of people who does nothing but run around and tries to piss in someone else's Cheerios. 

JWI

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2009, 01:55:50 AM »

*Sigh*

Wow, just wow.

You are just one of those kinds of people who does nothing but run around and tries to piss in someone else's Cheerios. 

You dumb fuckers just don't get it do you.  Take the fuckin' FSP rose-colored glasses off for 2 seconds and look at that picture and THINK about what that might say to someone who has no idea about the FSP or this BBS.  Shaved-head tattooed people are not shown in a positive light and to put that picture along with a quote at the end of the article talking about being armed and ready for aggressors, even government ones, is damaging as hell.

You get one chance to make a first impression...how ya think that looked to a lot of people who never heard of the FSP until reading an article with that picture in it?

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 02:01:38 AM »

Can I ask why anyone should care about the score "Lord Humongous" apparently keeps? Why do his points matter?
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2009, 02:10:11 AM »

You get one chance to make a first impression...how ya think that looked to a lot of people who never heard of the FSP until reading an article with that picture in it?

They probably thought it looks like their nephew and his friends are moving to New Hampshire. In case you haven't been paying attention, that's not all that uncommon a "look" these days.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 02:49:46 AM »

Tattos?  OMG!
Short hair? Massively popular.
Pathetic attempt at facial hair?  Very common.

I didn't take the picture.  I have no control over that.  I didn't publish the article.  I have no control over that.  Many of the people quoted in the article are not involved with the FSP.  I have no control over that.

It's important to control the things you can, tolerate the things you cannot and, know the difference.  Some editor of the Union Leader decided to use that picture.  Contact them and complain if you would like.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 02:57:55 AM »

*Sigh*

Wow, just wow.

You dumb fuckers just don't get it do you.  Take the fuckin' FSP rose-colored glasses off for 2 seconds and look at that picture and THINK about what that might say to someone who has no idea about the FSP or this BBS.  Shaved-head tattooed people are not shown in a positive light and to put that picture along with a quote at the end of the article talking about being armed and ready for aggressors, even government ones, is damaging as hell.

You assume everyone is as stupid as you and merely looks at pictures without reading the article.Gone are the days where the media can manipulate people in that way.People are waking up and noticing the tricks of the mainstream media.I suppose you want the guy to be tased for wearing a tattoo in public?Fuck ewe!
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 03:07:13 AM »

I'm of shaved head and tatto-ed, and I shave every other day or so which doth leave the stubble.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 04:26:55 AM »

*Sigh*

Wow, just wow.

The only place that I've seen that picture was in the Union Leader

you are getting all butt hurt because some kid got a tattoo?  You have a serious lack of perspective. 

Alex Libman 14

« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 08:19:53 AM »

FSP is not an orthodoxy that its members must serve by scoring "points"!

Its members define the broader movement - its goals, its tactics, and so forth.

FSP member "jackassery" is representative of those individuals, not the movement as a whole.  The broad public opinion is not wise enough to make that distinction, of course, but that doesn't create any obligation on those individuals to mind their P's and Q's any more than there's any obligation to vote, or participate in CivDis, and so forth.

It's a decentralized movement of free-thinking individuals.  Let's not even pretend that any one person or even any one particular philosophy is in control.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 08:42:36 AM »

Its the same article that's been in all the other newspapers around the country, just has a different picture. 

Would this be the pictures that you are talking about?  

http://www.apimages.com/Search.aspx?sh=10&st=k&remem=x&kw=mike+parag&intv=None
Wow, White trash anybody?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FSP losing mega-points>>>due to jackassery of it's members

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.