Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Freestater Tim Logsdon
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Freestater Tim Logsdon  (Read 14168 times)

Dewars

• View Profile
Freestater Tim Logsdon
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:49:28 AM »

Anyone have an update on this?

Former Somersworth school panelist accused of sexually assaulting child

By JENNIFER KEEF
Thursday, February 26, 2009

SOMERSWORTH — A former Somersworth School Board member and state representative candidate was indicted this week on two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault involving a minor.

Timothy Logsdon, 33, of 183 High Street, allegedly engaged in a pattern of sexual assault on more than one occasion with a victim who is now 5 years old.

A grand jury handed up the indictment this week and it was released Thursday.

In September, Logsdon was served a protective order by the Strafford County Sheriff's office, which was said to have emanated from the Columbia County Family Court in Hudson, N.Y.

Information as to who filed the order and why were not disclosed, but Capt. Lee Clement with the sheriff's office said then that a protective order carries some similarities to a restraining order.

Also in September, in accordance with the terms of the protective order, Somersworth police removed a number of weapons from Logsdon's home.

Police Capt. Russ Timmons said at the time that they removed pistols, rifles and shotguns — "some intact and some in a state of assembly or disassembly" — as well as semiautomatic pistols, a host of ammunition and gunpowder.

Logsdon has lived in Somersworth since 2002 and works as a computer consultant at the University of New Hampshire. Erika Mantz, media relations director for the university, confirmed Thursday Logsdon is still an employee of the university. Mantz said the school had been aware of the protective order but nothing else as of Thursday.

Logsdon ran three consecutive times as the sole Republican candidate for District 2 state representative but was never elected. He served less than one year on the Somersworth School Board between 2006 and 2007 and last year was involved in petitioning for a tax cap in the city.

Logsdon will be arraigned on Monday, March 9, at 2:30 p.m. at Strafford County Superior Court.

An indictment is not an indication of guilt, rather it means there is enough evidence to warrant a trial.

fatcat

Re: Freestater Tim Logsdon
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:28:58 AM »

any publicity is good publicity?

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 11:35:45 AM »

AFAIK he's an NH native, not strictly an FSPer

Dewars

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 12:30:25 PM »

Recumbent ReCycler

Live free or die fighting for freedom!

I'm glad New Hampshire was chosen by the Free State Project!  I moved here just over a year ago after transitioning out of the Army.  I had decided that I wanted to live in a state that would allow me the most freedom, and after months of research, I chose NH.  I got involved in politics right away, although I won't be able to run for state representative until I've lived in NH for at least 2 years.  I am registered as a Republican because the state platform supports the Constitution of the United States, which I've sworn to support and defend.  Unfortunately, not all "Republicans" stick to the platform and support the constitution.  Those of us who are Constitutionalists refer to them as rinos (republican in name only).  I believe the party is becoming too all inclusive.  I am hoping that we can weed out these rinos so that we can maintain party integrity and not become like the democrats after they were infiltrated by the progressive (communist) party.  I like the Libertarians because they seem to zealously support and defend the Constitution like me.  I believe the more constitutionalists this state has, the better it will be.  I hope you succeed in your endeavors and maybe even scare off the commies who are trying to take away our freedoms.  I wish you Godspeed and the best of luck.

In defense of Liberty,

Timothy Logsdon

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 12:39:33 PM »

These sorts of cases are extremely difficult.  Because it has been proven that kids can be coached into false claims.  That isn't to say that there aren't some sick people out there that are truly guilty of this sort of crime.  Guilty or innocent I hope the correct conclusion is reached in the mater. 

If the case was dropped it isn't likely that the news is going to report on that.  This sort of crime all you need is the accusation to destroy a person's life.  I mean if you google his name the news article accusing him is high in the results. 

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 01:42:16 PM »

In both cases the guys were ruined financially and socially despite their innocence.

Damn.

I guess that's one way to run the free-staters out of your town.
(I have no idea of Logsdon's guilt or innocence as I barely know who he is; I'm just sayin'....)

Dewars

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:51:32 PM »

These sorts of cases are extremely difficult.  Because it has been proven that kids can be coached into false claims.  That isn't to say that there aren't some sick people out there that are truly guilty of this sort of crime.  Guilty or innocent I hope the correct conclusion is reached in the mater. 

If the case was dropped it isn't likely that the news is going to report on that.  This sort of crime all you need is the accusation to destroy a person's life.  I mean if you google his name the news article accusing him is high in the results. 

I'll agree with all of that.

But sometimes (most of the time?), people acused of molesting small children have actually molested small children.  Parents with small kids in the area should at least be aware.

J’raxis 270145

• Voluntaryist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • J’raxis·Com
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 08:54:09 PM »

From what I know, these allegations only came out months after his wife left him. She also got a restraining order against him—well after she left New Hampshire, with the children—which is what led to the police stealing all his firearms.

Obviously, it could all be true, but the timeline of events leads me to believe that this is bullshit she’s making up in order to tilt the divorce proceedings in her favor. Claiming that one “fears for one’s safety” against one’s ex is almost automatic in divorce proceedings nowadays, and is usually recommended by sleazy divorce lawyers in order to move things along favorably. Allegations of child abuse come in second as the quickest way to streamline things.

Escaped from MA, 2007-06-30

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 09:05:02 PM »

At times like this I am reminded of why lawyers have such a bad reputation in our society.

BonerJoe

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 10:15:02 PM »

"Did daddy ever wipe your butt for you when mommy wasn't home after you made doody?"
"...yes..."
"OMG YOU POOR CHILD!"

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2009, 08:37:24 AM »

Not saying this is the case in this case but..... When people used kids to make allegations.  Allegations which are later proven to be false.  It makes it just that much more difficult to prosecute the truly guilty.

Luke Smith

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2009, 09:12:29 AM »

These sorts of cases are extremely difficult.  Because it has been proven that kids can be coached into false claims.  That isn't to say that there aren't some sick people out there that are truly guilty of this sort of crime.  Guilty or innocent I hope the correct conclusion is reached in the mater. 

Agreed.  Sex crimes are *not* my principal area of criminal defense, but I've been personally involved in the defense of two cases in which the victims later recanted their testimony.  One of those cases was dismissed before trial and the other case was reversed on appeal and the defendant was freed.  In both cases the guys were ruined financially and socially despite their innocence.

Cable TV shows such as To Catch A Predator have brought the anti-pedophile witch-hunt that has always been present in our society to absolutely hysterical levels. Even someone who is accused of murder is given due process and if found innocent can get back on their feet, but someone accused of pedophilia, even if found innocent, is usually, as Lance said, sentenced to immediate financial and social ruin.

The fact that a crime exists (and always has existed) where you are basically guilty upon accusation, where innocence is no defense, and you will suffer financial and social ruin at the least if not prison time even if innocent, convinces me that what the Free State Project wants to achieve (a free society) is inherently impossible. In so many ways, people have not advanced past the Dark Ages, and they probably never will.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 09:14:11 AM by Luke Smith »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2009, 11:00:55 AM »

Relevant to the current discussion. Some of the FSPers and natives are focusing on the sex offender registry stuff.
http://nhcaptv.com/episode/67

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2009, 12:39:06 PM »

The fact that a crime exists (and always has existed) where you are basically guilty upon accusation, where innocence is no defense, and you will suffer financial and social ruin at the least if not prison time even if innocent, convinces me that what the Free State Project wants to achieve (a free society) is inherently impossible. In so many ways, people have not advanced past the Dark Ages, and they probably never will.

I agree this is true but people who are falsely accused of murder are also subject to financial ruin in defending themselves.  There was a case where a widow of a Marine who actually died of a heart arrhythmia was accused of poisoning him.  A military lab which never tested tissue samples before made the claim for poising. After financially ruining this woman she was vindicated. http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2007/02/06/perspective/vandoorn/2507145516.txt   You have to scroll to one of the last comments posted to find out she was vindicated.  It is interesting to see from the comments how quickly people were willing to believe the faulty lab information.

This is why so many poor people take plea deals for crimes they have never committed.  It is because they don't have to finances to fight the unlimited financial resources of the state.  Even people who have money end up ruined when falsely accused no mater the crime.  The social stigma varies dependent on the crime and yes sex offenses are hands down the most socially stigmatizing. 

markuzick

• Atheist Pro-Lifer
  • Dr. Montessori: Discipline through liberty
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2009, 08:06:22 PM »

What's up with Logsdon's case?

I read this article today and thought of this thread:

Children: Father didn't abuse us
Ex-Vancouver police officer spent nearly 20 years in prison

The two adult children of former Vancouver police officer Clyde Ray Spencer, who spent nearly 20 years in prison after being convicted of molesting them, testified in court Friday the abuse never happened.

A 33-year-old son recalled how, at age 9, he was repeatedly questioned, alone, by now-retired Detective Sharon Krause of the Clark County Sheriff's Office. He said after months of questioning, he said he was abused to get Krause to leave him alone.

After a rash of adults being "helped" to recover suppressed memories of abuse, leading to the crackdown of the past couple of decades, it only follows that the new recovered memories will be of coaching by the police and the psychiatrists of disgruntled spouses.
As the state feeds off of the limitation and destruction of legitimate government, anarchy is its essence.

To claim "economic rent" from someone Else's labor when applied to land, which is something no one can own outright, is in itself, to claim landlord status over raw nature. It is an attempt at coercive monopoly power that is at the root of statism.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Freestater Tim Logsdon

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.