Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FreeKeene forum has much higher intelligence level than FTL BBS.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FreeKeene forum has much higher intelligence level than FTL BBS.  (Read 37627 times)

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: FreeKeene forum has much higher intelligence level than FTL BBS.
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2010, 01:07:36 PM »

OK, voting time.
I move that all the males cease posting on this thread and we let the ladies discuss boobs amongst themselves.

5-4

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2010, 01:18:10 PM »

1) I like Robin.  I don't want her to stop posting here. 

2) Boobies and credibility are not mutually exclusive.  Speaking as if they are is why you can't have nice things.

3) Intelligent people can talk about stupid shit.  Dumb people can talk about serious shit, though they look dumb when they do. 

4) There is no number 4. 

blackie

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2010, 01:53:46 PM »

Isn't Robin entitled to her opinions without being ridiculed for them?
No.

Anyway, I wanted to link to that thread, and it didn't get good until the second page, and Robin's post was a good starting point, as it was the first post on the second page.

This thread wasn't really about robin's comment as much as it was about the shit talking that followed it in that thread.

davann

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2010, 02:19:03 PM »

tchuss

Can't argue with a girl that knows the proper way to say good bye auf deutsch.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2010, 04:15:28 PM »

:lol: Relax, guys - different strokes for different folks.  That thread does make some valid points: There is quite a bit of trolling here, and there does seem to be individuals who seem to derive their satisfaction on this BBS by making other participants as miserable as they are able.

...but this is what happens when you push for a virtually unmoderated BBS.  Sometimes freedom produces results that you might not have anticipated or particularly enjoy, but at the very least this BBS is true to its advertisement.

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
GET THE SOC's
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2010, 06:17:13 PM »

I'm calling for a rumble.

Those Soc's at the FK forum need to stay on their side of the tracks.

I say we get the gang together and go to their turf to do some intellectual debate battling, then their crew can come here (unless they chicken out). We'll see who has the higher intelligence. Each week a new topic can be selected by a neutral party, and the outcome of the debate can be judged by someone who is impartial to either side.

Their turf, their rules.. no hitting in the face, no spitting, no toe stomping, no punches below the belt, no naughty words, no boobie talk.

Our turf, our rules.. switchblades out, belts off and in hand with the buckle on the hitting end, throw sand in their eyes and hitem with a Co-Cola fountain drink, lots of boobie talk.

Show 'em what us Greasers can do.. show 'em all- especially that double agent called "robin.m" (or is your real name Cherry Valance, huh?!).

Are you in?
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

blackie

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:17 PM »

Whever, Ponyboy.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »

Whever, Ponyboy.

You scram SodaPop. This is for the big boys.

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Riddler

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2010, 07:10:48 PM »

I do not feel the need to defend myself because Blackie wanted to CALL ME OUT for something I posted on another forum. Are you really THAT bored? So bored you have to take a thread I posted somewhere else and post it here? You posted it here for what reason?? I am sure you did not do it to defend anyone here, it was most likely to start drama... Congratulations, you earned the title of BBS police!  :D

Anyways, I have not had a serious conversation over here because a lot of what is going on seems to be "not so serious". I can joke around and talk about boobs and what not, but really, I think some of the trolls here post just to read their own words on the computer screen. I like a lot of you and especially the people who actually contribute to the REAL conversations.

I have not been here long and thought that it was a good way to break the ice with the pictures thread, the animals thread, all the fun random threads before I dive into anything serious. One of my first posts here was totally serious, about owning a rental property and all that jazz so I came here with good intentions.

So to close all of this out, I never said anyone here was stupid, but this is probably somewhere I would come to be entertained more than debate or learn...

*cough*backpedal*cough*

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
Re: GET THE SOC's
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2010, 07:18:59 PM »

I say we get the gang together and go to their turf to do some intellectual debate battling, then their crew can come here (unless they chicken out). We'll see who has the higher intelligence. Each week a new topic can be selected by a neutral party, and the outcome of the debate can be judged by someone who is impartial to either side.

Their turf, their rules.. no hitting in the face, no spitting, no toe stomping, no punches below the belt, no naughty words, no boobie talk.

Our turf, our rules.. switchblades out, belts off and in hand with the buckle on the hitting end, throw sand in their eyes and hitem with a Co-Cola fountain drink, lots of boobie talk.

Show 'em what us Greasers can do.. show 'em all- especially that double agent called "robin.m" (or is your real name Cherry Valance, huh?!).

Are you in?

You're still riled about this? Get over it man. This thread is like a day old, and that was then, this is now.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2010, 07:25:10 PM »

Are you in?
Sounds like a great book.  Something else to add to my reading list...
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Riddler

« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2010, 07:31:26 PM »

jus checked out freekeene.
as i suspected:
bunch of stodgy uptight cunts
shades of nh underground
same douchebags
error
dalebert
jackass'ix
the cop kbcraig

Bill Brasky

« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2010, 07:38:29 PM »

Our turf, our rules.. switchblades out

Are you in?

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2010, 07:38:45 PM »

You're still riled about this? Get over it man. This thread is like a day old, and that was then, this is now.

Wasn't riled to begin with, at all. It's true that this forum is a gutter, that's why I post here regularly.

I do think a rumble with those Soc's over there would be neat though.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2010, 07:40:25 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FreeKeene forum has much higher intelligence level than FTL BBS.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.