Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FreeKeene forum has much higher intelligence level than FTL BBS.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: FreeKeene forum has much higher intelligence level than FTL BBS.  (Read 37771 times)

blackie

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=2361.15

robin.m:
I have noticed the intelligence level here is much higher than the FTL BBS. I really have not bothered to get into any serious discussion over there because no matter what I post it always goes back to something ridiculous.

blackie

Re: FreeKeene forum has much higher intelligence level than FTL BBS.
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 11:34:27 AM »

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 11:44:02 AM »

Derp. Derp Derp.

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 11:52:50 AM »

I signed up at Freekeene, sometimes I lurk around.  At first I thought it was weird that they send you a 'stick' in your confirmation email, but then I realized it's to be placed deep up your ass.  Apparently they all do it over there.

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 12:15:00 PM »

Oh and I skimmed through all of robins posts and here is the most "intelligent" comment I could find from her:

"i have a weird ocd kinda obsession when it comes to things being totally symmetrical........ may be why i like big fake boobs so much.
don't get me wrong, i like real boobs of all sizes but i am not gonna turn down a handful of hot fake boob!"
That's intelligent.
What not: Tattoo talk, hair/makeup talk, pet talk, pictures of me talk, recipes talk, etc.

There I'm done.  I'm going to go to a different thread and post something dumb.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:26:15 PM by WidespreadPanic »

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 12:24:43 PM »

I like fish sticks!
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

• View Profile

theCelestrian

• Purveyor of Crapulence
  • FTL Creative Team
  • [ insert awesomely insightful comment here ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2010, 12:29:05 PM »

:lol: Relax, guys - different strokes for different folks.  That thread does make some valid points: There is quite a bit of trolling here, and there does seem to be individuals who seem to derive their satisfaction on this BBS by making other participants as miserable as they are able.

...but this is what happens when you push for a virtually unmoderated BBS.  Sometimes freedom produces results that you might not have anticipated or particularly enjoy, but at the very least this BBS is true to its advertisement.

(shrugs) at the end of the day, this is just a BBS - and I hope what's written shouldn't take cause too much grief/anger in your life.  If robin.m feels that freeKeene forums are a "smarter" group of individuals, that's fine - it doesn't factually cause you (or someone else on this BBS) to suddenly be smarter or less intelligent as a result of discovering her opinion.

I'm sure I'm being way too straight-faced for what I gather is more of a "lolz thread."
« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:39:50 PM by theCelestrian »
- Branden
[ insert amazingly cool liberty-oriented witticism of your choice here ]

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2010, 12:36:38 PM »

I was just have 'trollin' fun.  I don't hate her. . . yet.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 12:40:30 PM »

ppl here don't pretend to be holier than thou
plus there's EB

yummy

PS Dow thread is smarter than u

Rillion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2010, 12:41:37 PM »

:lol: Relax, guys - different strokes for different folks.  That thread does make some valid points: There is quite a bit of trolling here, and there does seem to be individuals who seem to derive their satisfaction on this BBS by making other participants as miserable as they are able.

...but this is what happens when you push for a virtually unmoderated BBS.  Sometimes freedom produces results that you might not have anticipated or particularly enjoy, but at the very least this BBS is true to its advertisement.

(shrugs) at the end of the day, this is just a BBS - and I hope what's written shouldn't take cause too much grief/anger in you life.  If robin.m feels that freeKeene forums are a "smarter" group of individuals, that's fine - it doesn't factually cause you (or someone else on this BBS) to suddenly be smarter or less intelligent as a result of discovering her opinion.

I'm sure I'm being way too straight-faced for what I gather is more of a "lolz thread."

I rarely quote for emphasis, but this one gets an emphatic "this."  On all of it.  Including the last bit. 

Some very intelligent people post here, but a forum whose most popular thread is exclusively devoted to boobie photos cannot expect everyone to be in intellectual mode all (or even most) of the time.   :)

davann

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »

At one time I bet this forum had many intelligent threads. The problem is the common topics and even the uncommon ones have been covered several times. The most intelligent thing to do now is to realize the regs have their own points of view and covering what private roads would be like is not all that constructive. It is better just to relax and have fun. If Robin M is looking to discuss some of these topics maybe FreeKeene Forum is the place. Can't fault her for that, in fact it is comendable that she wishes to expand her mind through discussion with others of her ilk.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2010, 01:03:48 PM »

I do not feel the need to defend myself because Blackie wanted to CALL ME OUT for something I posted on another forum. Are you really THAT bored? So bored you have to take a thread I posted somewhere else and post it here? You posted it here for what reason?? I am sure you did not do it to defend anyone here, it was most likely to start drama... Congratulations, you earned the title of BBS police!  :D

Anyways, I have not had a serious conversation over here because a lot of what is going on seems to be "not so serious". I can joke around and talk about boobs and what not, but really, I think some of the trolls here post just to read their own words on the computer screen. I like a lot of you and especially the people who actually contribute to the REAL conversations.

I have not been here long and thought that it was a good way to break the ice with the pictures thread, the animals thread, all the fun random threads before I dive into anything serious. One of my first posts here was totally serious, about owning a rental property and all that jazz so I came here with good intentions.

So to close all of this out, I never said anyone here was stupid, but this is probably somewhere I would come to be entertained more than debate or learn...

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 01:08:41 PM by robin.m »
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

blackie

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2010, 01:05:30 PM »

Well, I have to admit, most of you guys are dipwits.

Apparently the FTL BBS is ruining the FSP.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 01:10:38 PM »

Well, I have to admit, most of you guys are dipwits.

Apparently the FTL BBS is ruining the FSP.
I was not the person who brought this place up in that thread... Someone else brought it up, I stated my opinion. CRUCIFY ME!
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  FreeKeene forum has much higher intelligence level than FTL BBS.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.