Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Foodstamps....HATE!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Foodstamps....HATE!  (Read 5950 times)

blackie

Re: Foodstamps....HATE!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »

There are already too many hoops to jump through for me to get that stuff. I don't want the government in my business.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 09:17:13 PM »

There are already too many hoops to jump through for me to get that stuff. I don't want the government in my business.

Word!

My company has been doing 1-week furloughs since December of last year (one per quarter). Coworkers keep telling me how we can go file unemployment if we want during that week. I have taken to telling them the reason I don't do it is because I don't want to use up the benefit in case I get caught up in the next wave of layoffs. My real reasons are: 1) I don't want anything to do with those evil government people; and 2) I don't want to waste that much time out of my life filling out paperwork for ridiculous government bastards.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Soundwave

• Like a station wagon...
  • Administrator
  • Soundwave superior, constructicons inferior.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2009, 09:45:44 PM »

Yeah, I have a friend who is pretty embarrassed to admit he applied for food stamps after he lost his job. Anyway, he only applied for two months of it, but they gave him six, and he always comments on how ridiculous it is that he is allowed to buy Lobsters and Red Bull, and that there is no accountability what-so-ever.
Julia

Bill Brasky

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2009, 09:48:10 PM »

Word!

My company has been doing 1-week furloughs since December of last year (one per quarter). Coworkers keep telling me how we can go file unemployment if we want during that week. I have taken to telling them the reason I don't do it is because I don't want to use up the benefit in case I get caught up in the next wave of layoffs. My real reasons are: 1) I don't want anything to do with those evil government people; and 2) I don't want to waste that much time out of my life filling out paperwork for ridiculous government bastards.

Cali.

Fuck that.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2009, 09:56:26 PM »

Yeah, I have a friend who is pretty embarrassed to admit he applied for food stamps after he lost his job. Anyway, he only applied for two months of it, but they gave him six, and he always comments on how ridiculous it is that he is allowed to buy Lobsters and Red Bull, and that there is no accountability what-so-ever.

He should apply a level of responsibility towards it, and buy staples.  The things people buy for SHTF situations.  Of course, some bonus eats are okay - fuckit.  But it'd be nice to spin that situation in a positive way, and give a few cans of soup to a friend.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »

You know one of the reasons they switched to cards was because that way people in the line don't know the people are paying for their food with our tax dollars.  The other was to save printing and paper.

I agree, I really mind that I have to choose between chicken hotdogs and bologna while a food stamp recipient is putting steaks and shrimp in their carts.  From what I can tell the handouts are much more generous than they use to be. 

I had a friend who was on wic when her ex-husband abandoned her with three small children all under the age of 4.  This was years ago and all she qualified for was surplus food like eggs, cheese, milk, and cereals.  I think she could get juice as well.  I don't know if she ever managed to get on food stamps.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2009, 11:27:29 PM »

http://www.livinghistoryfarm.org/farminginthe50s/money_09.html
Supporters of the Food Stamp Program include a mixture of farm lobbying groups, labor unions and advocates for the poor.

http://subscribers.supermarketnews.com/retail_financial/michigan_retailers_labor/
Michigan Retailers, Labor Back Food Stamp Changes

Mar 24, 2008 12:00 PM, By MARK HAMSTRA
By: By MARK HAMSTRA

LANSING, Mich. — Michigan is moving toward becoming the first state to offer food stamps twice a month, after the state Senate passed a bill authorizing the change.

“This is something we've been pushing for for years,” Linda Gobler, president and chief executive officer of the Michigan Grocers Association here, told SN.
lol at her name being GOBLER
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Foodstamps....HATE!

// ]]>

Page created in 0.015 seconds with 32 queries.