Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Fatness Be Gone
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatness Be Gone  (Read 76922 times)

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
Re: Fatness Be Gone
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2009, 08:55:51 PM »

I found a gym.  38.99 per month, no contracts.  Looks like a decent gym.  I will be checking it out tomorrow.

Also, I walked a half marathon today, that was 13.1  miles.  I'm tired.  Not too sore, but tired.

Nice...no contracts is nice.  I'm paying $39/month at Gold's Gym, but it's a contract.  Good luck! :)

I'm not a fan of gold's.  It seems that every time I've tried to cancel after my contract is up, they never seem to do.  The one down here is trying to charge me like $800 because according to them, I never cancelled.  Be careful.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2009, 08:56:10 PM »

"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 02, 2009, 12:30:25 AM »

I'm not a fan of gold's.  It seems that every time I've tried to cancel after my contract is up, they never seem to do.  The one down here is trying to charge me like $800 because according to them, I never cancelled.  Be careful.

ouch that sucks.  I'll be on the lookout for that if/when I decide to not renew.  I know each Gold's is franchised, so I'm hoping the one in your area is just run by a piece of shit.  So far I have nothing bad to say about the one up here, the guy ones the one I go to and another one about 15 mins away.  We'll see.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 02, 2009, 09:03:47 AM »

ouch that sucks.  I'll be on the lookout for that if/when I decide to not renew.  I know each Gold's is franchised, so I'm hoping the one in your area is just run by a piece of shit.  So far I have nothing bad to say about the one up here, the guy ones the one I go to and another one about 15 mins away.  We'll see.

Yeah, the guys a slimey dickhead.  He also happens to own another gold's across town that I used to belong to.  He tried to pull it off with me when I was there.  When I signed on to the new one, I did not know it was owned by the same guy.  I only knew about it a few weeks later.  Just make sure they don't double charge you, which has also happenned to me at a Gold's in California.  That's also a pain in the ass.

I am going to use a different gym now.  I am close to what was formerly known as the Orange Bowl, which is where I walk around the perimeter for racewalking and the gym is within a block on the other side.  Small, new equipment, no contract, $40.  Open til midnight.  I start tomorrow.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 18, 2009, 08:09:07 PM »

50 pounds down, 90 to go....

I'm happy.

Diogenes The Cynic

• Cynic. Pessimist. Skeptic. Jerk.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 18, 2009, 09:36:48 PM »

I'm happy.

You're deflating.
I am looking for an honest man. -Diogenes The Cynic

Dude, I thought you were a spambot for like a week. You posted like a spambot. You failed the Turing test.

-Dennis Goddard

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 19, 2009, 09:02:39 AM »

I'm happy.

You're deflating.
LOL  Technically I am...   

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 23, 2009, 05:22:43 PM »

I'm happy.

You're deflating.
LOL  Technically I am...   

That's in what... about five months?  Congrats on the double achievement. Not just losing weight and improving your health, but on keeping it going long enough that the healthier living is probably shifting into a lifestyle, and not just a temporary measure for weight loss.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

davann

« Reply #158 on: June 23, 2009, 06:52:25 PM »

I'm happy.

Great for you! Keep it up!

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 23, 2009, 07:32:59 PM »

I'm happy.

You're deflating.
LOL  Technically I am...   

That's in what... about five months?  Congrats on the double achievement. Not just losing weight and improving your health, but on keeping it going long enough that the healthier living is probably shifting into a lifestyle, and not just a temporary measure for weight loss.

Actually, it was in less than 3 months.  And yes, I'm keeping on, keeping on.  I've got a lot more to lose, and I don't want to gain it back...

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 23, 2009, 08:37:33 PM »

I am wearing size 34 pants again. You know what helps? Poverty. In a few weeks I'll be down under 200 again. I'm 6'2". I'm shooting for 190-195.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 23, 2009, 08:56:58 PM »

I am wearing size 34 pants again. You know what helps? Poverty. In a few weeks I'll be down under 200 again. I'm 6'2". I'm shooting for 190-195.

Being broke does help keep your weight down.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 23, 2009, 09:19:02 PM »

Only if you don't resort to the dollar menus at fast food joints.   :lol:
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

Laetitia

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 23, 2009, 10:25:29 PM »

[/quote]

So often true. Though... it's not eating the value burger that expands the waistline. It's taking the $5 in your pocket and buying five items when you go around the drive-thru, instead of just the value burger and a side salad.*

*Assuming Wendy's here, since I tend to avoid the other folks whenever possible. Even the supposed healthy items on McD's menu leave me feeling "icky". Had few options one meal stop in the middle of Kansas on our cross-country trek, and tried the grilled chicken wrap. Will not be doing that again.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of experience comes from bad judgment.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2009, 08:10:10 AM »

So often true. Though... it's not eating the value burger that expands the waistline. It's taking the $5 in your pocket and buying five items when you go around the drive-thru, instead of just the value burger and a side salad.*

*Assuming Wendy's here, since I tend to avoid the other folks whenever possible. Even the supposed healthy items on McD's menu leave me feeling "icky". Had few options one meal stop in the middle of Kansas on our cross-country trek, and tried the grilled chicken wrap. Will not be doing that again.
[/quote]

This is so true, although the only good things at McDonalds are the egg McMuffin andthe grilled chicken sandwich.  Stay away from the fries and hashbrowns.  Although I have been eating almost excusively at subway when I eat out.  Thank goodness for subway.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Fatness Be Gone

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 31 queries.