Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Fatness Be Gone
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Fatness Be Gone  (Read 76959 times)

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
Re: Fatness Be Gone
« Reply #135 on: April 29, 2009, 07:33:23 PM »

I finally broke the 300 pound barrier.  I am now below 300 pounds for the first time since Hurricane Wilma in 2005.

I'm excited.  40 down, 100 to go.

Gratz!

I lost 10lbs since dumping the soda out of my diet.  And I now officially drink coffee BLACK without any sugar or creamer.  I changed my workout routine too.

I also started a Fitness log Blog :P  just to keep me on my toes
http://slayerboyfitness.blogspot.com/

Good for you.  I've added your blog to my RSS reader.  Nice workout.  I have to start looking for a gym.  I've got to start lifting.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to walk to one now and look into it.  There are a bunch of no contract gyms around here, so I'm going to walk a couple of miles to check it out.

One thing though...  Yoga and Stretching are not cardio.  Yoga Helps with Toning and Sculpting, Balance, Flexibility, and Strength.  You can't really get your heart rate up fast enough for the cardio and fat loss benefits.  Also, depending on how much you want to lose, you are not doing enough cardio.  How intense are those Wii workouts anyhow?  23 minutes of cardio is only the beginning, unless you are doing them at max intensity. 
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 30, 2009, 10:59:23 AM »

Good for you.  I've added your blog to my RSS reader.  Nice workout.  I have to start looking for a gym.  I've got to start lifting.  As a matter of fact, I'm going to walk to one now and look into it.  There are a bunch of no contract gyms around here, so I'm going to walk a couple of miles to check it out.

One thing though...  Yoga and Stretching are not cardio.  Yoga Helps with Toning and Sculpting, Balance, Flexibility, and Strength.  You can't really get your heart rate up fast enough for the cardio and fat loss benefits.  Also, depending on how much you want to lose, you are not doing enough cardio.  How intense are those Wii workouts anyhow?  23 minutes of cardio is only the beginning, unless you are doing them at max intensity. 

Yeah I love lifting, hate cardio.  For simplicity sake, I put yoga and balance stuff in with cardio considering I don't do much yoga other than simple stretches and breathing.  The big thing is the boxing.  I love the Rhythm boxing but it gets boring quick.  I'm going to be renting Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Wii from Gamefly and see if I like that.

I hate cardio with a passion, so 23 mins of anything making me move around is better than anything right now :P  I get bored on the stationary bike at the gym, as well as the treadmill.  I love having the option of doing cardio with the Wii.  Hopefully the Gold's Gym game gives a better workout than WiiFit.  Not that I hate WiiFit, it's just lacking in a lot of areas, but tracking and being able to get my weight at the same time is nice.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 30, 2009, 11:02:41 AM »

Also, if anyone has the Wii or WiiFit, EA is coming out with a new fitness game called EA Sports Active.  It looks like it takes the WiiFit a step higher.  Not sure I want all the extra crap that comes with it, but we'll see.  Also, I'm not impressed with a lot of the games EA puts out, so this I'll definitely wait to hear more reviews on.

http://www.easportsactive.com/

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 30, 2009, 07:28:03 PM »

Yeah I love lifting, hate cardio.  For simplicity sake, I put yoga and balance stuff in with cardio considering I don't do much yoga other than simple stretches and breathing.  The big thing is the boxing.  I love the Rhythm boxing but it gets boring quick.  I'm going to be renting Gold's Gym Cardio Workout for the Wii from Gamefly and see if I like that.

I hate cardio with a passion, so 23 mins of anything making me move around is better than anything right now :P  I get bored on the stationary bike at the gym, as well as the treadmill.  I love having the option of doing cardio with the Wii.  Hopefully the Gold's Gym game gives a better workout than WiiFit.  Not that I hate WiiFit, it's just lacking in a lot of areas, but tracking and being able to get my weight at the same time is nice.

Have you thought of going for powerwalks or bike rides outside of the gym.  You get lots of fresh air, sun, and if you have a good audiobook(I just finished my first star wars book.  The Dark lord or something like that which details Darth Vader's rise after the events of Episode 3, but like 15 to 20 years before episode 4).  It goes by fast.  I just completed a half marathon in about 4 hours and 15 minutes...  I didn't go at top speed because I've been riding more than walking lately and my feet were killing me during the last 2 miles or so.  Getting a pedometer or nike+ makes walking a lot more fun.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 30, 2009, 09:22:08 PM »

Have you thought of going for powerwalks or bike rides outside of the gym.  You get lots of fresh air, sun, and if you have a good audiobook(I just finished my first star wars book.  The Dark lord or something like that which details Darth Vader's rise after the events of Episode 3, but like 15 to 20 years before episode 4).  It goes by fast.  I just completed a half marathon in about 4 hours and 15 minutes...  I didn't go at top speed because I've been riding more than walking lately and my feet were killing me during the last 2 miles or so.  Getting a pedometer or nike+ makes walking a lot more fun.

Once in a while I will take a walk outside, but Rochester isn't known for sunny weather.  The problem up here is from around October - April, the weather can be brutal or it can be nice, it's hard to form a routine out of that.  But yeah, in the late spring/summer I try to walk a little bit.

I've actually been reading up on interval training and to me at least, it seems to make more sense.  http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/01/27/kick-your-ass-and-kickstart-your-metabolism-in-20-minutes/

BonerJoe

« Reply #140 on: April 30, 2009, 10:17:38 PM »

I drove 400 miles out of the way today to get a dozen of these donuts:

http://www.roundrockdonuts.com/

So worth it.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled diet.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2009, 10:44:30 PM »

Once in a while I will take a walk outside, but Rochester isn't known for sunny weather.  The problem up here is from around October - April, the weather can be brutal or it can be nice, it's hard to form a routine out of that.  But yeah, in the late spring/summer I try to walk a little bit.

I've actually been reading up on interval training and to me at least, it seems to make more sense.  http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/01/27/kick-your-ass-and-kickstart-your-metabolism-in-20-minutes/

I found a gym.  38.99 per month, no contracts.  Looks like a decent gym.  I will be checking it out tomorrow.

Also, I walked a half marathon today, that was 13.1  miles.  I'm tired.  Not too sore, but tired.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 30, 2009, 10:45:43 PM »

I drove 400 miles out of the way today to get a dozen of these donuts:

http://www.roundrockdonuts.com/

So worth it.

Now, back to my regularly scheduled diet.

How you doing with that?  How much have you lost?

BonerJoe

« Reply #143 on: April 30, 2009, 10:51:52 PM »

I dunno, I didnt bring a scale with me.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 30, 2009, 10:58:09 PM »

Well let us know when you get back.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 30, 2009, 11:10:12 PM »

Where the Hell ARE you, anyway? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

BonerJoe

« Reply #146 on: April 30, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »

Niggerssippi.

Lindsey

• Rock Star
  • Global Moderator
  • I like Mars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 30, 2009, 11:21:59 PM »

Niggerssippi.

Eeek.  I must've missed the details of that particular trip.  Did you get pictures? 
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
         -George W. Bush

BonerJoe

« Reply #148 on: April 30, 2009, 11:25:13 PM »

Did you get pictures? 

Shaw has a fat cat:

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 01, 2009, 09:29:27 AM »

I found a gym.  38.99 per month, no contracts.  Looks like a decent gym.  I will be checking it out tomorrow.

Also, I walked a half marathon today, that was 13.1  miles.  I'm tired.  Not too sore, but tired.

Nice...no contracts is nice.  I'm paying $39/month at Gold's Gym, but it's a contract.  Good luck! :)
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Fatness Be Gone

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.