Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Failing the driver's test.
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Failing the driver's test.  (Read 2674 times)

Pizzly

• View Profile
Failing the driver's test.
« on: September 20, 2010, 02:11:07 PM »

Well, I feel dumb. Finally got around to taking the test for my drivers lisense (road test) at 19, and I failed in the first five minutes. I hit a barrel parrallel parking. Man was the guy giving me the test a prick, I nudged the barrel and you'd think I suddenly became a death hazard to society.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
Re: Failing the driver's test.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 02:24:25 PM »

Well, I feel dumb. Finally got around to taking the test for my drivers lisense (road test) at 19, and I failed in the first five minutes. I hit a barrel parrallel parking. Man was the guy giving me the test a prick, I nudged the barrel and you'd think I suddenly became a death hazard to society.

I failed the first time. I was sooo not ready and I was so incredibly nervous that I could barely concentrate. Took it again in a smaller DMV, nicer instructor, familiar streets, and passed. They didn't make me parallel park either because the road they used to do parking on was reconstructed into a dead end so nobody parked their cars their anymore. Guess they were just too lazy to find somewhere else to do it at. WIN for me since I still suck at parking.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

davann

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 02:41:21 PM »

Don't feel bad. I failed the written recently. For some reason they had a shit load of questions that did not pertain to me. Like lawful hours a teenager with a temp license is able to drive during. Why the fuck would I know that?

* I lost my license because I refused to show a cop my papers and then did not show up to show a judge either.

Pizzly

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2010, 04:47:35 PM »

Don't feel bad. I failed the written recently. For some reason they had a shit load of questions that did not pertain to me. Like lawful hours a teenager with a temp license is able to drive during. Why the fuck would I know that?

* I lost my license because I refused to show a cop my papers and then did not show up to show a judge either.

I got one question wrong on the written. It seems the police are allowed to forcibly take a blood sample of a minor without parental consent, and even though I didn't know I should of assumed the police could.
Peace isn't loving your neighbor, peace is simply not killing them.

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2010, 11:29:42 PM »

I failed the first time too.  Supposedly I pulled out in front of a blue semi truck when I was making a right turn.  it was a 4 lane road, he was in the 2nd lane, i was turning into the first.  I failed to see the problem.  Evidently the guy testing me was a psychic because my driving was horrendous for about 10 years.  After the insurance bill hit $2500/year for a 2 door Hyundai Accent I chilled out :P

atomiccat

• FTL AMPlifier
  • Anarchy will Reign when pigs fly... Look a pig!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2010, 05:28:22 AM »

I failed the first time too, i got marked down, because my car wasn't nice so it was a little rough and I got marked down for making a improper left turn when he didn't even have me make a left turn the entire test. and I forgot the use hand signals when pulling out.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2010, 08:44:35 AM »

Never failed a drivers exam.  But then again I was raised on a farm and we were driving by 13 with stick shift vehicles.  Legal to do on private property. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2010, 10:53:44 PM »

I got points deducted because when the instructor said "in one minute we will be making a left turn" I asked how many miles "one minute" was. Turns out it was the next immediate turn, a couple of seconds away.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Failing the driver's test.

// ]]>

Page created in 0.07 seconds with 32 queries.