Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Facebook debates
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Facebook debates  (Read 3168 times)

mark_mnc1

• View Profile
Facebook debates
« on: August 12, 2010, 02:30:54 AM »

It seems that for the last several weeks I've been addicted to facebook talking to people I know and checking out a ton of groups and organizations on the site.  Some of those groups and organizations have are so-called "liberty minded"-a states rights group and a "true patriots" group are anything BUT friendly to liberty.  Last night I was on the Future of Freedom Foundation group and I was arguing with a warmonger and Jacob Hornberger articulately and accurately brought up points this moron just totally refused to agree on.  

A few nights ago I checked out an article on the "true patriots" group page where people were talking about what they would like to do to Mexico and immigrants.  One guy said he wanted to nuke the country, another said he would bring his 50 caliber sniper rifle (I doubt he even has one) down to the border and shoot everyone coming across it.  A third person wanted to be his spotter.  Tonight I saw an article on a states right group page where people were celebrating the proposed Florida law that will be even more strict towards immigrants the the Az. law.  I made a comment that "the next step will be to put RFID chips in immigrants so we will know where they are" and that elicited some pretty strong emotions from people.  I dont even want to know how many people would be for that.  What the fuck is wrong with these people? Are this many Americans just flat-out brainwashed?  Some vile cunt even had the audacity to say that I was "self-righteous."  So I know what liberty/freedom is and the threats to it, so therefore I'm self righteous?  Being confident and knowing what you are talking about is different than being self-righteous.  Is this the only liberty-friendly group/website on planet earth!!!??  Who wants to join me in blasting these statist fucks to pieces?  

Mark
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 02:33:40 AM by mark_mnc1 »

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
Re: Facebook debates
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 06:55:52 AM »

addicted to facebook

facebook

The population of facebook is larger than a lot of countries.Since the state is so ingrained in the entire world its no wonder it would spill over onto facebook.Probably best to avoid it all together.Unless you are trolling it of course. :)
User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 01:48:13 PM »

The process of educating people in the principles of liberty may seem to be a slow one; but then one day some guy you thought would never accept your point of view suddenly declares a change of heart.  Even if you never persuade anyone, it's still important to get the truth across to people.
For God and Free Trade

davann

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 02:27:32 PM »

Are this many Americans just flat-out brainwashed?  

Yes. Not their fault so try your best to not blame them.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 02:47:48 PM »

Guess you arent in the correct groups on facebook. There are plenty of liberty minded ones.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 04:54:34 PM »

Early on, I decided to not join Facebook. 

I knew I was right when the question "Do you have Facebook" became "Give me your Facebook," and now I can chortle. 

Being a non-conformist is endlessly gratifying.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 06:27:01 PM »

I knew I was right when the question "Do you have Facebook" became "Give me your Facebook," and now I can chortle. 

Well you're in the upper bounds of the facebook demographic :P
In my twenties, there's no need denying myself the pleasure.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 07:31:05 PM »

Don't argue with an idiot.  Other people might not be able to tell the difference. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Pilot_MKN

• Take to the Skies
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 01:47:42 PM »

I spent all of 30 seconds reading the page for the local Tea Party before deciding that they really ARE nothing but the GOP with a new coat of paint and it was pointless to even engage them in conversation. I lost track of the number of times I saw "new york mosque" and "illegals".
"Two wrongs don't make a right, but two Wrights make the airplane"

Bill Brasky

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 09:57:20 PM »

Not really.  Theres lots of geezers on it.  You'd be surprised how many people use it like business cards.  Since your smartphone gets notifications, its a good way to let people know about Happy Hour at the Ritz - and you don't have to call them and listen to their bullshit.

The funny part is, many older users are not veterans of the Cyber Wars.  So when Drama goes down, its fuckin spectacular. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 01:39:41 AM »

Not really.  Theres lots of geezers on it.  You'd be surprised how many people use it like business cards.  Since your smartphone gets notifications, its a good way to let people know about Happy Hour at the Ritz - and you don't have to call them and listen to their bullshit.

The funny part is, many older users are not veterans of the Cyber Wars.  So when Drama goes down, its fuckin spectacular. 

I was just giving you a hard time since you publicly stated your birthday on here the other day. Theres people of all ages on Facebook, but I still blocked my parents and boss from contacting me. I figure its better to only chat with friends and acquaintances on there.

mark_mnc1

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 05:21:24 AM »

Well what do ya know-I was debating with a guy tonight from the local Indianapolis area's radio station morning show, Abdul on 1430 WXNT, about personal and corporate welfare.  I told him was equally against both and why.  We got to talking about the corporate-owned 2 party system and soon enough he adds me as a friend on facebook.  Maybe discussing the issues, on a real libertarian level-consistently and principally, really can work.  I would say its up to each person's judgment with talking with someone to determine who can be pursuaded and fight along side with and who is truly brainwashed and needs left alone to wallow in their own ignorance. Weirdly enough for me (I grew up very right wing) its been the right (in regards to the wars and the border) that have been brainwashed and a few liberals that seem same enough to reason, even be friends with on the site.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Facebook debates

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 31 queries.