Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  End the FSP
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: End the FSP  (Read 4747 times)

maulotaur

• View Profile
End the FSP
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:00:13 PM »

If it has brought awareness to the idea of liberty, that's wonderful.  But getting more people to 'sign' on that web site is not going to save it.  This project has been going on for a long time, and most of the signers are long since gone.  You can not expect any significant number who signed on that list in the past to be moving to another place in the distant future.  If they are going to do so, it is something that happens sooner than later.  The spin that you hear drilled repeatedly on the radio is not the real situation, and anyone who says otherwise is just part of the conspiracy.  In fact people who moved have either moved on or gone back home - something that seemed to accelerate starting last year.  What you have is a small group of people with irregular, scattered interests compared to the ridiculous ten-thousand number. 

It is time to end the extended appearance, quit claiming something that is not, and drop the misleading statistics.  At the very least a RESET is in order with simple, reasonable conditions instead of disenchanting complications unless the government is behind this whole thing, in which case it would continue as it has been. 

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: End the FSP
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »

Why do you care?  Conspiracy?  WAT

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2011, 05:35:45 PM »

I think someone is trying real hard to get a Trolly Award next year...   :lol:

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 05:59:39 PM »

Why do you care?

Because we eat innocent animals.

As a vegetarian with friends who are vegan, I do not appreciate this comic and the stupidity that it promotes as evidenced by the remarks. There are those who are desperate for stunts by which to elevate themselves, and this certainly fits the description. And to the person who put down the pigs, they are smarter and cleaner than you could possibly imagine to be. Hypocrites claiming to be ‘peaceful’ and then participating in the slaughter of innocent beings certainly not helping your “movement” any more than claiming to have ‘thousands’ of people when there are actually five or ten.

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 06:12:56 PM »

The key to everything is moderation (by which I mean avoidance of intensity or extremeness, not the other kind of moderation).  Like how Ahnold did juuuuust the right amount of steroids - any less and he wouldn't be Ahnold; any more and his organs would've swelled up.  I've gone vegan for a year and a half.  I've achieved whatever veggielightenment I was ever gonna achieve.  FSP is the same way - a great place to be libertarian (or to watch libertarians from a distance).  You can sip the kool-aid, but you don't have to swallow.

The Green Bastard

• From Parts Unknown
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 10:36:51 PM »

Hey, don't mock the tens of people who are going to move to NH once the 20,000 mark is reached.

yamnuska

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2011, 11:12:38 PM »

Hey, don't mock the tens of people who are going to move to NH once the 20,000 mark is reached.

No, no, you got that wrong, when they reach 20,000 people are supposed to start moving out of NH, but that's already started.

Alex Libman

• View Profile
    • libman.org
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2011, 02:49:48 AM »

Shrug...  A lot more people are moving to NH without punching the clock with FSP Inc.  I certainly didn't.  Then I've moved out of NH, but then again I didn't do anything public while I was there.  I'll probably move back after...  well, after.  (One of the very few things about my life that I can't blab about.)  But don't expect me to be playing pat-a-cake with the Free Keene or the NHLA faggots.  Libman is a lone wolf.

Free State Project is much more significant than just tossing your butt over the NH border.  Its Internet presence, for example, consisting of hundreds of Web-sites large and small, is one of the biggest libertarian accomplishments in history.  Why else do you think I choose to associate such a large fraction of my online activity with this, in spite of all the inconveniences?  There might only be 22 men on the field, but there are tens of thousands of fans in the stands and millions are watching around the world!  This movement needs players and managers and color commentators and cheerleaders and journalists and tailgaters, etc.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 02:54:02 AM »

I'll be moving in a few years to New Hampshire but have never signed the pledge or anything like that. But I will be going there, and I will be active.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

lucidhawk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2011, 04:08:29 AM »

Sounds like nonsense to me maulotaur. Most people don't make big decisions such as moving to another state on a whim..

Has the amount of people moving for the FSP taken a radical dive? Because the last I heard new movers are still showing up every week.
"The arguments that were used to perpetuate slavery are identical to the arguments that are used to perpetuate the existence of the state."

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2011, 06:26:56 AM »

The FSP has already failed, it's clear nothing of significance is happening in NH. May as well give up!

blackie

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 09:01:24 AM »

Isn't the FSP a part of the the Tea Party now?

The ghost of a ghost of a ghost

• Owned by Brasky. Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 10:07:12 AM »

I signed the pledge under 16 different aliases.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 10:16:37 AM »

I signed the pledge under 16 different aliases.

Naughty naughty!!!

Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 10:49:41 AM »

If it has brought awareness to the idea of liberty, that's wonderful.  But getting more people to 'sign' on that web site is not going to save it. 

There is nothing to save.  Both the number of signers and the number of people in NH keeps going up, month after month.

This project has been going on for a long time, and most of the signers are long since gone.

Some people have moved to NH and not updated their address.  Some people have left NH and not updated their address.  Overall, the people in NH count is lower than the actually number of fspers in NH.

You can not expect any significant number who signed on that list in the past to be moving to another place in the distant future.  If they are going to do so, it is something that happens sooner than later. 

I agree that all of them will likely not move to NH.  Will the majority?  Maybe.  It is really hard to tell because things keep getting better and better in NH.  There may be 1,500 - 2,000 folks in NH by the time 20,000 is reached.  That amount of folks may have made significant progress in NH by then.  Heck, it is possible that move than 20,000 will move.  Of course, no one is obligated to move right now.

The spin that you hear drilled repeatedly on the radio is not the real situation, and anyone who says otherwise is just part of the conspiracy.

Conspiracy?  Dude, I visited NH for years before I moved.  I have lived here for years.  Along with people like Denis, I'm not a quasi-expect on politics in NH and I can tell you that some real change is happening and things are being set-up so that even more changes will happen in the future.  If a person doesn't have great knowledge of the NHLA, RLC of NH and/or C4L in NH, I cannot consider them anything close to a quasi-expect on politics in NH.  Your opinion certainly matters, counts and i appreciate it, but it is an uninformed opinion of what is happening politically in NH.

In fact people who moved have either moved on or gone back home - something that seemed to accelerate starting last year.  What you have is a small group of people with irregular, scattered interests compared to the ridiculous ten-thousand number. 

The overall number is growing as it has been, as I explained above.

It is time to end the extended appearance, quit claiming something that is not, and drop the misleading statistics. 

Who is claiming what?  Could you please quote someone. I'll try to let you know how accurate the claim is.  The main issue I have is that Ian really pushes Keene when likely 30 or more other parts of NH are likely better for the vast majority of his audience.  However, that's not to say that I don't like Keene, I am just saying that Ian oversells Keene.  Though, I don't think he does it with lies or anything.

At the very least a RESET is in order with simple, reasonable conditions instead of disenchanting complications unless the government is behind this whole thing, in which case it would continue as it has been. 

1000s and 1000s of volunteer hours are behind it.  I know, I've been with it since 2002.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire
Pages: [1]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  End the FSP

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 31 queries.