Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1316832 times)

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
Re: Dllama in the Free State
« Reply #4440 on: June 07, 2011, 09:59:21 AM »

Yeah, lets invite every homeless person who wants to come on to Rogers. As long as they don't go to any events, all is well.

If I win the lottery between now and Porcfest, I'm gonna buy me a old run down Greyhound bus from an auction, spend about a week just driving up and down Lower Wacker Drive in downtown Chicago looking for homeless people, handing them business cards that say "Want to take a nice, all expenses paid trip to NH, free eats, place to sleep and live music? Be at 3544 State St at 11am, June 18th to catch the bus"

Load em all up on the bus and drive out. I'll even pay the $5 fee to get em all in.
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: June 07, 2011, 10:04:57 AM »

Yeah, lets invite every homeless person who wants to come on to Rogers. As long as they don't go to any events, all is well.

If I win the lottery between now and Porcfest, I'm gonna buy me a old run down Greyhound bus from an auction, spend about a week just driving up and down Lower Wacker Drive in downtown Chicago looking for homeless people, handing them business cards that say "Want to take a nice, all expenses paid trip to NH, free eats, place to sleep and live music? Be at 3544 State St at 11am, June 18th to catch the bus"

Load em all up on the bus and drive out. I'll even pay the $5 fee to get em all in.

Look at what money does to people.  I thought I knew you.  You changed man. 

Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: June 07, 2011, 10:29:14 AM »

Look at what money does to people.  I thought I knew you.  You changed man.  

You didn't let me finish...............

Then I was gonna give all the regs in here 100k in gold bullion as a gift, just for shits & giggles.

For being so hasty in your judgement, you only get 95k.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 10:45:55 AM by quickmike »

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: June 07, 2011, 11:01:42 AM »

Even if that were true, it would sound like a pretty collectivist view of "theft," not dissimilar to the idea that people who do not pay "their" taxes are "stealing" from "the rest of us."

I don't see the relation.  We are talking about private property and private organizations here.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: June 07, 2011, 11:16:14 AM »

I'm still a little unsure how this is theft.  What is actually being stolen?  The whole argument that this is stealing someone's time and effort smells a lot like the intellectual property rights issue.  The service being rendered here is being rendered by Roger's Campground. 

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4445 on: June 07, 2011, 11:30:57 AM »

John  nailed it.  Check for registration badges at events.  Kick people out of events or stop them at the entry if they don't have passes.  It's common procedure at cons and such.  Saying people shouldn't even be at the campground is a reach.  That's Rogers' stuph until PF gets big enough to basically lease the entire campground and get an agreement from Rogers that they control the whole thing for the week.

blackie

« Reply #4446 on: June 07, 2011, 11:41:57 AM »

John  nailed it.  Check for registration badges at events.
I would pay to see the Stefan Molyneux roast, if it was done properly.

BonerJoe

« Reply #4447 on: June 07, 2011, 11:44:13 AM »

I didn't register for PorcFest until like Saturday, and I was there on Thurs. Nobody said a damn thing.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: June 07, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »

I actually didn't know we were supposed to register for this until yesterday. 

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: June 07, 2011, 12:03:17 PM »

It isn't really stealing, it is squatting. Willingness to pay is a safeguard that protects all that are using the property and discourages abuse.

And that sounds like a sarcastic form of the bullshit anti "illegal" immigration argument.  Someone else's camp site is not YOUR home.  It's THEIR business if they want to allow someone on their site, and if so, they're not squatters.
I agree with allowing people on to your campsight if you like. I don't think open house into Porcfest is a good idea, that's all. Of course I don't mind paying reasonable entrance fees either.
I also think Democracy would improve greatly with a poll tax, that was actually the argument I was borrowing. Free things are less appreciated...
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:16:08 PM by alaric89 »

mauiguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: June 07, 2011, 12:14:21 PM »

Then I was gonna give all the regs in here 100k in gold bullion as a gift, just for shits & giggles.

I luv you man....  :wink:
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ~Samuel Adams~

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -- Professor Bernardo de la Paz, _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_, by Robert Heinlien

mauiguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: June 07, 2011, 12:18:22 PM »

Just to head off the shit storm, not in that way.

That would cost you way more than 100 G's.   :P
"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds." ~Samuel Adams~

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do. -- Professor Bernardo de la Paz, _The Moon is a Harsh Mistress_, by Robert Heinlien

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4452 on: June 07, 2011, 12:19:38 PM »

Should I just start offering BJs now in case you win?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: June 07, 2011, 12:32:34 PM »

Even if that were true, it would sound like a pretty collectivist view of "theft," not dissimilar to the idea that people who do not pay "their" taxes are "stealing" from "the rest of us."

I don't see the relation.  We are talking about private property and private organizations here.

If the camp site is paid for, it's paid for, and third parties have no claim anyway.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4454 on: June 07, 2011, 01:15:01 PM »

Should I just start offering BJs now in case you win?

The 100k is a gift. No need to provide services to earn it Dale.

But if you insist on earning it, I would expect one of the best BJ's ever known to mankind. The kind that makes someone cum out of their ears & eye sockets and sends them into another dimension of time and space.

Thats a mighty tall order, I know, but were talkin' a 100 thousand dollar blowjob here.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:31:20 PM by quickmike »
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.