Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1316758 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Dllama in the Free State
« Reply #4425 on: June 06, 2011, 09:42:35 PM »

See, now I know. I'm out of the loop on a lot of stuff.

Cant be helped.

It's amazingly frustrating from my end. I promote it until people get mad at me for talking about it, then no one goes there for updates.

It's got a page on Facebook. It's got a page on twitter. It's got a web site. It's referenced on the thinktwicenews.com site. We advertised at PF last year. We did interviews on FTL, Ernie Hankcock, Gardner Goldsmith etc.

*Cries*

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #4426 on: June 06, 2011, 09:44:50 PM »

If I were going to PF this year I'd hang with Blackie. He's good people.
This. Except I am going.

Except if he's going to go to PF but not pay for it then no, I can't do that, because Curtis is right, that would be basically stealing.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: June 06, 2011, 09:45:44 PM »

If I were going to PF this year I'd hang with Blackie. He's good people.
This. Except I am going.

Except if he's going to go to PF but not pay for it then no, I can't do that, because Curtis is right, that would be basically stealing.

Not if he isn't attending events tho, yes? I don't see how it's an issue if he isn't going to the events and just hanging out with friends.

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #4428 on: June 06, 2011, 09:57:38 PM »

Cant be helped.

It's amazingly frustrating from my end. I promote it until people get mad at me for talking about it, then no one goes there for updates.

It's got a page on Facebook. It's got a page on twitter. It's got a web site. It's referenced on the thinktwicenews.com site. We advertised at PF last year. We did interviews on FTL, Ernie Hankcock, Gardner Goldsmith etc.

*Cries*

I'm kinda going through it right now, backwards though, starting with the most recent stuff and working my way back to the beginning. Right now im checking out the  page with the boom weighed by teh handguns. LOL

Like I said, im out of the loop bigtime.

I'm still waiting on a Star Wars sequel (please jesus, make it happen)
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: June 06, 2011, 09:59:38 PM »

Cant be helped.

*Cries*

I'm kinda going through it right now, backwards though, starting with the most recent stuff and working my way back to the beginning. Right now im checking out the  page with the boom weighed by teh handguns. LOL

Like I said, im out of the loop bigtime.

I'm still waiting on a Star Wars sequel (please jesus, make it happen)

If you think it looks interesting, telling your friends will help a lot.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: June 06, 2011, 10:20:19 PM »

Will do.

15 years ago I might have been able to help out a whole lot more.

Used to work in the distribution business myself, as a music and video wholesaler. Dealt with Warner Bros., Polygram, MCA, Capitol and CBS, which eventually became Sony. Worked with promotion reps from these labels on Super Saver music lines, which is basically back catalog stuff and new stuff that they are willing to take a chance on , but wont throw millions of dollars of promotion cash at.

Nowadays, its a different business with any majors. No personal contact with reps, if you even get a rep at all, no more cool promo materials and demos, no respect for any kind of real talent or creativity. It just got fucking weird and impersonal, really fast.... right about 96 or so. Thats when I got out of that biz altogether.

I know how hard it is to push something and get it out there. It can be frustrating as a motherfucker.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 12:01:32 AM by quickmike »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: June 07, 2011, 12:17:50 AM »

I know how hard it is to push something and get it out there. It can be frustrating as a motherfucker.

Especially when you're a less than 10 person operation.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: June 07, 2011, 12:41:46 AM »

I made a deal with 'the FSP' early on. PorcFest 2011 wont cost them a dime.
Why? I want to prove PorcFest can survive sans Free State Project Inc. FSP has to go, PF does not.
Then what are you whining about?

I highly encourage those who have registered to out those who are freeloading. Fuck that shit.
I've put in 40+ hours a week for the last 11 months (and more recently [like the last two months] its been closer to 80+ hours/week....)
PorcFest is cheap. If someone refuses to pay THEY ARE ROBBING ME OF MY TIME AND LABOR. As such they deserve to be shamed and shunned.
And you KNOW I'll lead that fucking charge.
No one has to out me. I have said that I will not pay if I go.

Robbing you of your time and labor? If I go to porcfest and don't pay, how does that cost you time or labor?

But if that is how you feel, I just won't go.

Sounds a lot like the intellectual property argument. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: June 07, 2011, 01:12:42 AM »

Especially when you're a less than 10 person operation.

You ever get an opportunity to do any dragon-con/indie film convention type stuff to promote it, or something of that nature?

I'm sure this is a "duh" thing for you, but just curious if you've had the chance. Ya know, rub elbows with distributors of niche type stuff or genres specific to your film style.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 01:23:44 AM by quickmike »

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: June 07, 2011, 02:10:04 AM »

The PF org isn't buying out Roger's Campground for the week.

You cannot got a site at Roger's during Porcfest unless you are part of Porcfest.  Fact.  So yes.  Blackie would be stealing.  But that sounds just like Blackie so...
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: June 07, 2011, 02:31:01 AM »

You cannot got a site at Roger's during Porcfest unless you are part of Porcfest.  Fact.  So yes.  Blackie would be stealing.  But that sounds just like Blackie so...

It's pretty amazing then that we were able to get a motel room at Roger's without ever having mentioned PF to them last year.

We registered (For PF) via the PF website, called and booked a room seperately and never said a word to anyone at Roger's about our reason for being there. I just called and rented a room.

In 2009 I rented a room down the road. That creepy rainbow doored joint with the pig farm out back.

U JELLY?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 02:34:39 AM by John Shaw »

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: June 07, 2011, 02:55:45 AM »

The PF org isn't buying out Roger's Campground for the week.

You cannot got a site at Roger's during Porcfest unless you are part of Porcfest.  Fact.  So yes.  Blackie would be stealing.  But that sounds just like Blackie so...

Even if that were true, it would sound like a pretty collectivist view of "theft," not dissimilar to the idea that people who do not pay "their" taxes are "stealing" from "the rest of us."

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: June 07, 2011, 03:01:23 AM »

Yeah, lets invite every homeless person who wants to come on to Rogers. As long as they don't go to any events, all is well.

It isn't really stealing, it is squatting. Willingness to pay is a safeguard that protects all that are using the property and discourages abuse.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: June 07, 2011, 05:38:39 AM »

Yeah, lets invite every homeless person who wants to come on to Rogers. As long as they don't go to any events, all is well.

It isn't really stealing, it is squatting. Willingness to pay is a safeguard that protects all that are using the property and discourages abuse.

And that sounds like a sarcastic form of the bullshit anti "illegal" immigration argument.  Someone else's camp site is not YOUR home.  It's THEIR business if they want to allow someone on their site, and if so, they're not squatters.

blackie

« Reply #4439 on: June 07, 2011, 06:16:54 AM »

:roll:

A day pass for Rogers Campground is $5.

Not paying the $5 to Rogers Campground wouldn't be stealing or squating, it is trespassing. Read their fucking visitor policy.

"Visitor Policy

All campsites include two people per site therefore, all other guests are considered �Visitors�.  Visitors are required to check-in at our office upon arrival and pay the appropriate visitor fees (if not previously paid at time of booking) and obtain a �Day Pass� for each day they will be on Roger�s property. Those who do not comply will be considered trespassing.  Motel guests will be granted a �Day Pass� for the camping grounds upon request. "
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.