Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1316067 times)

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3870 on: January 12, 2011, 05:49:02 PM »

Johnson called in last night about somebody spending their legal defense fund on hookers and blow. That sounds like some drama.
Sweet. Was it CDEvolution money?

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3871 on: January 12, 2011, 05:57:15 PM »

Johnson called in last night about somebody spending their legal defense fund on hookers and blow. That sounds like some Johnson injecting himself into the drama.

AAAAARrhhrh.  Warrrrrrnh.  Warrrrrnh.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #3872 on: January 12, 2011, 06:06:19 PM »

i want some blow

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3873 on: January 12, 2011, 06:17:55 PM »

Johnson called in last night about somebody spending their legal defense fund on hookers and blow. That sounds like some drama.

no.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3874 on: January 12, 2011, 06:42:33 PM »

no.

Who or what funded it?

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #3875 on: January 12, 2011, 07:23:36 PM »

I guess my question is, if I don't intend for this to be my last visit to Keene (which I don't), should I try to probe for why this guy seems to be pissed at me?

Many libertarians have the social skills of a World of Warcraft addict with Aspergers Syndrome.  Is it possible he had come to the conclusion that there was serious dating potential?  And then did you not immediately accept a marriage proposal when you met in person or something along those lines?

See, in your mind, you were probably having a nice chat with people in Keene and making friends.  Meanwhile, in his mind, fireworks are going off-- "OMG!  A girl is talking to me!  She likes me!  She really likes me!"  And then maybe he met you in person and the electricity wasn't there he was expecting and you've broken his heart and shattered his dreams.

I have no idea who you're talking about but this would prolly fit about half the guys in Keene.  So yeah, probably a breakdown in communication.

thank you for that dale.....best chuckle all day :)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3876 on: January 13, 2011, 07:24:05 PM »

There is a rumor, and that's all it is right now, that John Connell, owner of the Peaceful Assembly Church has stated he would not allow gay weddings at his church for fear of upsetting the local Graftonites, or some such like that.  It's hard to nail down.  It is a rumor after all.  And so I am seeking a clear answer from John to either confirm or dispel this rumor.  He's using wildly ambiguous politician-speak so far and thus has done nothing but crank the gears of the rumor mill.  Still no clear answer.  Considering that he's trying to hold FSP-style events there and is asking for support, financial and otherwise, I think people have a right to know where he stands.  This is an issue of substance for many people, and they do deserve to know.

Below is the latest on it, but the discussion begins here on the NHFree forum.

Quote from: dalebert
Quote from: John
Peaceful Assembly Church has, from it's inception, had a most basic and general policy intended to be as inclusive of all Peaceful people as possible, while at the very same time attempting to ensure that if "a little old lady" or a "young mother and her children" or a "grandmother with her grandchildren" were to come walking in to one of our events they would all be happy to be here.

On a lighter note, and at the risk of reading too much into it before John has a chance to expound, this explanation inspires some pretty amusing scenarios in my over-active imagination.  I picture some little blue-haired old lady who's hobby is to brazenly crash weddings she hasn't been invited to... with her impressionable young grandchildren in tow, of course.  She inadvertently finds herself and the kids at the wedding of two strangers, the union of whom she does not approve, e.g. two men, two women, a black man and a white woman, a Protestant and a Catholic, a member of high society and a peasant, two people with an age difference exceeding some arbitrary number in her mind, etc.  She gasps melodramatically and spouts "Well, I never!"  And then Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, who is in many of my imaginary scenarios purely for sarcastic commentary says "Yeah, and with that hair and outfit, you never will."

:laughing1:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:25:56 PM by Dalebert »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #3877 on: January 13, 2011, 08:41:47 PM »

Still no clear answer.

I'd consider that in itself a VERY clear answer.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

blackie

« Reply #3878 on: January 13, 2011, 08:49:27 PM »

Speaking as a straight male (there is a gradient) over 25, this doesn't seem like thread quality drama to me.
This stuff is perfect for the thread.

Thanks for sharing carolynjane4.

blackie

« Reply #3879 on: January 13, 2011, 08:54:07 PM »

There is a rumor, and that's all it is right now, that John Connell, owner of the Peaceful Assembly Church has stated he would not allow gay weddings at his church for fear of upsetting the local Graftonites, or some such like that.  It's hard to nail down.  It is a rumor after all.

It really doesn't matter until someone wants to get gay married there.

Have any free staters been gay married in NH yet?

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3880 on: January 13, 2011, 08:59:13 PM »

It really doesn't matter until someone wants to get gay married there.

I disagree.  He's asking for support-- financial, labor, moral, etc.  He's also holding a libertarian event at the church.  Whether I want to participate or support at all will depend on a clear answer.  Many others will share my concern.  I already know several.

blackie

« Reply #3881 on: January 13, 2011, 09:13:52 PM »

While you are asking him what kind of marriages he will allow in the church, you should ask about polygamous marriages, and also marriages with minors involved.

I think he created an account on this bbs. You should invite him here to talk about it. That would be hot.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3882 on: January 13, 2011, 09:21:41 PM »

I think he created an account on this bbs. You should invite him here to talk about it. That would be hot.

No, thx.  It's hard enough getting a response in the one forum.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #3883 on: January 14, 2011, 12:03:34 AM »

There is a rumor, and that's all it is right now, that John Connell, owner of the Peaceful Assembly Church has stated he would not allow gay weddings at his church for fear of upsetting the local Graftonites, or some such like that.  It's hard to nail down.  It is a rumor after all.  And so I am seeking a clear answer from John to either confirm or dispel this rumor.  He's using wildly ambiguous politician-speak so far and thus has done nothing but crank the gears of the rumor mill.  Still no clear answer.  Considering that he's trying to hold FSP-style events there and is asking for support, financial and otherwise, I think people have a right to know where he stands.  This is an issue of substance for many people, and they do deserve to know.

Below is the latest on it, but the discussion begins here on the NHFree forum.

Quote from: dalebert
Quote from: John
Peaceful Assembly Church has, from it's inception, had a most basic and general policy intended to be as inclusive of all Peaceful people as possible, while at the very same time attempting to ensure that if "a little old lady" or a "young mother and her children" or a "grandmother with her grandchildren" were to come walking in to one of our events they would all be happy to be here.

On a lighter note, and at the risk of reading too much into it before John has a chance to expound, this explanation inspires some pretty amusing scenarios in my over-active imagination.  I picture some little blue-haired old lady who's hobby is to brazenly crash weddings she hasn't been invited to... with her impressionable young grandchildren in tow, of course.  She inadvertently finds herself and the kids at the wedding of two strangers, the union of whom she does not approve, e.g. two men, two women, a black man and a white woman, a Protestant and a Catholic, a member of high society and a peasant, two people with an age difference exceeding some arbitrary number in her mind, etc.  She gasps melodramatically and spouts "Well, I never!"  And then Elvira, Mistress of the Dark, who is in many of my imaginary scenarios purely for sarcastic commentary says "Yeah, and with that hair and outfit, you never will."

:laughing1:
Funny that I helped this John guy move from Salem to here all the while not realizing his position on this situation. He always seemed eccentric as judged in person and by his former calls to FTL (which u haven't heard in years). He must be lonely fussing over older ladies with blue eyes and probably doesn't have a chance to get one in the rest of his life in the compound of the liberty grafton. That said, it must be lonely up there for old farts with no more tricks to learn.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3884 on: January 14, 2011, 12:46:03 AM »

Who cares?  He's in Grafton.  Grafton is where the weirdos go. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 257 258 [259] 260 261 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.