Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1317024 times)

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3840 on: January 05, 2011, 03:43:30 PM »

If you measure actual impact, though... it's hard to point to a state where more & bigger liberty activism and pro-liberty winds have happened consistently over the past 8 years.

I'd call that setting your sights really low.  It sounds sorta like the thing's the USA-lovers spout about how it's the greatest country in the world, despite its faults.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3841 on: January 05, 2011, 05:11:04 PM »

Sam definitely sounds like a paranoid conspiracy theorist if you happen to get him on the wrong topics.  Because of that and the whole Law of Attraction thing, I certainly won't be missing him on FTL.

Me either.

I however, am stuck with a similar dilemma as of this week. I have been planning for more than two years to end up someday in NH as a part of the FSP. This week I was talking to one of my parents, and I found out that I will be inheriting my parents farm someday. That would be a good thing to happen to me. I know how to run the farm, have ideas of what I would do with it, and it could certainly give myself several benefits in my life. But its not New Hampshire. I could go to NH then come back someday, but I never saw myself as staying in WI for the rest of my life, let alone my old hometown.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: January 05, 2011, 05:35:35 PM »

The liberty movement needs agorist/ black market food suppliers also, especially if there is a economic collapse. You inheriting a farm could make you a much more important cog in the movement then what you could accomplish by moving to NH.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: January 05, 2011, 06:52:53 PM »

The liberty movement needs agorist/ black market food suppliers also, especially if there is a economic collapse. You inheriting a farm could make you a much more important cog in the movement then what you could accomplish by moving to NH.

Now that's thinkin!
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3844 on: January 05, 2011, 06:56:53 PM »

That is a very good point. There are quite a great deal of Agorist opportunities to be had there. I think I'm starting to lean towards move to NH in a few years (when I can), get active and learn what I can, then someday move back and get to work here. I cant obviously decide now what I will do, I just dont have all my plans figured out yet. I love the input you guys give, it helps figure out ideas and see available options.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3845 on: January 05, 2011, 07:57:38 PM »

Sell farmland in WI
use money to buy farmland in NH

money is fungible like that, see

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: January 05, 2011, 08:31:17 PM »

Sell farmland in WI

Yes.  In fact, don't bother to sell.  Just do a straight acre for acre trade for some of the best farmland in the world for a parcel in "the granite state".

Oh, wait.  The inbreds would probably want two acres in WI for prime NH disk killing gravel.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3847 on: January 05, 2011, 08:40:24 PM »

Sell farmland in WI

Yes.  In fact, don't bother to sell.  Just do a straight acre for acre trade for some of the best farmland in the world for a parcel in "the granite state".

Oh, wait.  The inbreds would probably want two acres in WI for prime NH disk killing gravel.

Yeah this isnt an option really anyway. If I have any say the property is staying in the family ultimately. I spent my childhood there, grew up there, built tree forts, raised dogs, fed chickens, built buildings, etc etc etc.  Perhaps I could lease it out to farmers, then use the buildings as rental property.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3848 on: January 06, 2011, 12:21:13 AM »

Renting it out for others to farm could actually be quite profitable. It will be a lot more upfront work, but would give you a hell of a nice, passive income stream, one that should do better, not worse, as the economy degrades.

I suggest you give it some serious consideration, whether or not you move to NH.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3849 on: January 06, 2011, 01:07:41 AM »

Well, I have many years to think about it (hopefully).

Bradley

• View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: January 07, 2011, 06:33:06 PM »

I'm a relationship anarchist, the traditional concept of marriage is so stupid. Humans are not designed to be sexually monogamous!

"I will love you in my whole life"
"Til death to us apart""

How can someone make that promise? This doesn't make any sense in my world, I always strive to keep my word and I would never make a promise like that, because I know there's a high probability I wouldn't be able to keep it. 

I reject societies message of monogamy as having the moral ground.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: January 07, 2011, 06:45:26 PM »

Wrong thread.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: January 07, 2011, 07:55:48 PM »

Wrong thread...

... unless you're spreading your love around New Hampshire.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #3853 on: January 07, 2011, 08:04:43 PM »

I'm a relationship anarchist, the traditional concept of marriage is so stupid. Humans are not designed to be sexually monogamous!

Meh.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3854 on: January 07, 2011, 08:34:14 PM »

Humans are not designed to be sexually monogamous!

Projection.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 32 queries.