Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1317177 times)

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3825 on: December 31, 2010, 02:57:13 AM »

True.  The infighting and debating is fun for a while and then gets old.  I suspect even Denis will get sick of it eventually.  But new people will probably jump into the fray for a while until it gets old for them which will keep it going indefinitely.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: January 01, 2011, 12:01:49 PM »

[re: Keith]
There is no place in your world for a gadfly.

Which is pretty odd, because libertarians seem to be 97% gadflies.

JJ

• Sui Generis
    • View Profile
    • Starfall Media
« Reply #3828 on: January 03, 2011, 01:25:32 AM »

I actually see things blooming in NH and in particular within the sub-communities.  From my perspective the numbers in Keene are relatively unchanged.  Some people moved on and some moved in, it is a wash really.  The core community is strong and those that socialize at least once a week are doing well.  There are many new projects happening, most of which are not known well enough to grace this message board.  The holidays had many successful parties and each further strengthened the community. 

The folks moving on will be missed regardless of the circumstances. 

Yes, the civ-dis action is slowed down.  Partly due to suspended penalties, people leaving and no real plans in the works.  I welcome the slow down and I am trying to influence individuals to take a more strategic approach to future action.  In the mean time, many individuals are spending time with outreach and volunteer efforts. 

Manchester is trending up and so is the political action.  Much respect to both. 

Liberty forum was not discussed much that I heard.  It doesn't seem as popular in Keene as Porcfest, which will be epic.  I think it is unfortunate that things did not work out but I think it is not as bad as some make it out to be.  I hope the FSP learns the lessons this situation offers.
Now a FTL co-host on a new night!  Fridays!

blackie

« Reply #3829 on: January 03, 2011, 08:53:01 AM »

I hope the FSP learns the lessons this situation offers.
It won't.

The FSP is in bad shape. It is almost 10 years old. The original goal of the FSP was to have 20,000 participants in NH by the end of this year. 20,000 signers by September 2006, then five more years for those participants to move to NH, which would be September 2011.

If you look at the sign up rate over the last 6 months, maybe they will get to 1000, which was supposed to happen by the end of 2008 if you count the "First 1000" as an FSP effort.

http://freestateproject.org/about/membership.php
As of today, there are:

* 10584 FSP Participants
    * 880 In New Hampshire
    * 12.4 average new Participants per week during last six months
    * 8.4 average new Participants per week during last month
    * 6 new Participants in past seven days

Does the "In New Hampshire" number go down when a participant moves away?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:59:55 AM by blackie »

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: January 03, 2011, 09:38:57 AM »

Does the "In New Hampshire" number go down when a participant moves away?

Yes, when that mover reports that they leave and/or change their address in the database.  It has happened quite a few times already.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3831 on: January 03, 2011, 10:47:28 AM »

No doubt FSP has failed based on # of signups and # of movers.

If you measure actual impact, though... it's hard to point to a state where more & bigger liberty activism and pro-liberty winds have happened consistently over the past 8 years.

And something tells me that pace is about to pick up. A lot.

Watch this space....

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: January 04, 2011, 02:34:20 PM »

Sam is creating an economic collapse!

Sam Dodson, the talented videographer behind the Obscured Truth Network, is leaving to live on his family’s farm in Texas. He has become convinced that devastating economic collapse is coming and he felt he’d be better able to weather that if he were near his relatives and out away from the city. I do not share his vision for disaster, but I understand why he is making his choice. Personally, I’d rather be going through such a situation nearby hundreds of my fellow liberty lovers, but he has a chance to lower his costs of living significantly by moving to the family farm and wants to focus on self-sufficiency. Maybe someday he’ll get to say “told-ya-so” regarding the supposed disaster, but that remains to be seen.

http://freekeene.com/2011/01/03/fare-thee-well-why-some-activists-leave-nh/#more-8716
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3833 on: January 04, 2011, 02:49:37 PM »

If I get a chance (which is not likely tonight or tomorrow... sigh) I have been meaning to call in on this.

Maybe it makes sense for Sam since he has a big tree farm in Texas, but for most people it doesn't make sense to move there.

For one thing, NH is highly agricultural.
For another, our economy is holding up well compared to other states.
For another, it doesn't matter where you live -- having emergency supplies, gold/silver, and investments in dividends-paying non-dollar assets is a good idea no matter where you live.

For another, there are a number of monetary- and economic-related bills about to come down the pipe. If even a few of them pass, we'll be in damn good shape. I won't spoil the surprise yet though.

(*) added -- on the show it sounded like a big issue Sam was concerned about was that people would know where he lived. I guess he's afraid of the Hungry Mob coming and stealing his food? That sounds just a tad paranoid to me. At any rate, as I like to point out, I have a nice plot of property and a looong line of sight from my house in every direction....
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 02:51:52 PM by d_goddard »

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: January 04, 2011, 08:02:23 PM »

Sam definitely sounds like a paranoid conspiracy theorist if you happen to get him on the wrong topics.  Because of that and the whole Law of Attraction thing, I certainly won't be missing him on FTL.

BonerJoe

« Reply #3835 on: January 04, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »

ASK HIM ABOUT THE ALIENS

BonerJoe

« Reply #3836 on: January 04, 2011, 10:08:52 PM »

"According to Gallagher, Abramson fired at least one round at the ceiling with a pistol but apparently did not have intent to cause anyone harm."

http://www.seacoastonline.com/articles/20101231-NEWS-12310344

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: January 05, 2011, 01:35:12 AM »

At least Abramson didn't shoot himself this time.  Now his is just a fucking idiot with zero judgment. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: January 05, 2011, 08:14:06 AM »

At least Abramson didn't shoot himself this time.  Now his is just a fucking idiot with zero judgment. 

He shot himself before?  I never heard anything about that.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: January 05, 2011, 02:46:09 PM »

This is the story that I was told by some of his former roommates....

I guess he was trying to stuff his glock into his pants one time, wear it all gangster or something and it went off.  Got himself in the leg. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.