Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1310890 times)

slayerboy

• Untitled
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3675 on: October 30, 2010, 11:11:51 PM »

Video posted here.

17 months old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3XuUm4HSc

Yes, quite old. He says he should be in NH, however he clearly has built quite the life in Vegas.

Yeah I liked his old rant show better.  His new show sucks.  I think the reason why he's not in NH yet is his show out in Vegas.  I'm betting when him and Teller retire, he'll move.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3676 on: October 31, 2010, 12:48:41 AM »

Video posted here.

17 months old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3XuUm4HSc

Yes, quite old. He says he should be in NH, however he clearly has built quite the life in Vegas.

Yeah I liked his old rant show better.  His new show sucks.  I think the reason why he's not in NH yet is his show out in Vegas.  I'm betting when him and Teller retire, he'll move.

I dont know. He doesnt seem like the retiree type. He does what he loves, and his family is there with him too building their lives. I am a huge Penn and Teller fan but however much I hope they would move, I'd bet against it.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

blackie

« Reply #3677 on: November 02, 2010, 10:05:25 PM »

http://mobile.boston.com/art/30/news/local/new_hampshire/articles/2010/11/02/issues_run_the_gamut_in_nh_governors_race/?single=1

Lynch wins historic 4th consecutive term as NH gov

Norma Love, Associated Press /
Nov 2, 2010

Moderate Democratic Gov. John Lynch overcame an anti-incumbent groundswell Tuesday to defeat conservative Republican John Stephen for a fourth consecutive two-year term as New Hampshire’s governor.
Lynch will be the longest-serving governor in New Hampshire since colonial times. The last governor to serve longer than six consecutive years was John Gilman, who served from 1794-1805 after being elected to consecutive one-year terms. Governor’s terms changed to two years around 1870, and no one has won four consecutive terms since then.
Lynch survived one of his toughest re-election tests since taking office in 2004. Stephen attempted to capitalize on voter unrest by promising to cut state spending without raising taxes.
Stephen claimed Lynch’s mismanagement would leave an $800 million budget deficit for the next governor to fix. Stephen also appealed to businesses, promising to cut their taxes after he balanced the budget. He said he would veto all new spending measures.
Stephen was bolstered by anti-Lynch television ads paid for by the National Organization for Marriage and Cornerstone action. They spent hundreds of thousands of dollars attacking Lynch for signing a law last year legalizing gay marriage. Two years earlier, Lynch signed a civil unions law granting the same privileges and responsibilities of marriage to gays, but not the name.
Stephen opposes abortion and gay marriage and said he would sign a bill repealing a gay marriage law.
Lynch, a millionaire businessman turned politician, countered that he could produce a balanced budget with spending cuts and a moderate growth in state revenues. He pointed out that he and the Democratic-controlled Legislature used a mix of spending cuts, potential land sales and borrowing to balance the budget in 2010 and leave the state with a projected $70 million surplus.
Lynch consistently defused a potent Republican issue by pledging to veto any general sales or personal income tax in a state that has neither.
Stephen also criticized Lynch for signing a law requiring prison inmates to be released nine months before the end of their sentences so they could be supervised. Crime victims asked for the new law to monitor felons once they leave prison.
Stephen said the law made no exceptions for violent and sex offenders from being released early. He also criticized the law for setting a 90-day limit on the time that parole violators spend in prison.
Lynch insisted it is better to supervise the inmates than simply let them walk out the door. He also said he is monitoring the new law to see what, if any, adjustments are needed.
Lynch then criticized Stephen for his decision as Health and Human Services commissioner to let some felons be foster parents.
Stephen changed the rules in 2004 to let social workers decide if someone would make a good foster parent even if he or she had a criminal record. Stephen said anyone convicted of a violent crime or a crime against a child would still be banned, but the old policy was too strict.
Lynch also criticized Stephen, a former prosecutor, for seeking a pardon for a convicted arsonist and for refusing to fire from his 2002 congressional campaign a worker who was accused of stalking.
Lynch, 57, of Hopkinton, won the first of his three two-year terms as governor in 2004 when he unseated an unpopular Republican governor by promising to restore integrity to government.
Lynch is a native of Waltham, Mass. Before his 2004 election, he was president of a Manchester consulting firm, The Lynch Group. Prior to that, he was an admissions director of Harvard Business School and president and chief executive of Knoll Inc., a Pennsylvania furniture company. He has degrees from the University of New Hampshire, Harvard Business School and Georgetown University Law Center.
Stephen, 48, of Manchester, is no newcomer to politics. He twice failed to win his party’s nomination in the 1st Congressional District. This was his first attempt to win the governor’s seat.
Libertarian John Babiarz of Grafton also was on the ballot.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3678 on: November 03, 2010, 08:09:42 AM »

That isnt Drama. At least give us the TL;DR version if it has any drama in it.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

sandm000

• View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: November 03, 2010, 08:29:31 AM »

Wall of Text? TL;DR? I have images for both of those cases.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3680 on: November 03, 2010, 12:18:58 PM »

Lynch won. He is opposed to any Income or Sales tax. He was opposed to the seat belt law (though he wouldn't veto it). He was for gay marriage.

Could be a lot worse IMO. I'm glad John Stephen (the Republican) didn't win. Guy is a former prosecutor.  :shock:

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: November 04, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »

Lynch won. He is opposed to any Income or Sales tax. He was opposed to the seat belt law (though he wouldn't veto it). He was for gay marriage.

Could be a lot worse IMO. I'm glad John Stephen (the Republican) didn't win. Guy is a former prosecutor.  :shock:

Rumors go around on these issues.  Lynch may have vetoed a primary seat belt law but not a secondary law.  He may have been against gay marriage but decided to go with the will of the people.

Stephen would likely make a better governor.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3682 on: November 04, 2010, 12:18:31 PM »

Stephen would likely make a better governor.
Disagree.
Former prosecutor.
'nuff said.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: November 04, 2010, 03:37:51 PM »

Wait, are you telling me all the bragging about how NH doesn't have a seat belt law is over?  You mean the FSP members there have allowed them to pass a seat belt law?

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:05 PM »

Wait, are you telling me all the bragging about how NH doesn't have a seat belt law is over?  You mean the FSP members there have allowed them to pass a seat belt law?

No, I stopped that.  Actually, Lynch may have vetoed it anyway, but we stopped it in the State Senate.  It certainly won't pass in the next 4 fours, don't worry.  I've got that covered.  Maybe in 4 years you will be in NH and I can pass on the responsibility of preventing the evil law to you?
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3685 on: November 05, 2010, 02:59:35 AM »

Wait, are you telling me all the bragging about how NH doesn't have a seat belt law is over?  You mean the FSP members there have allowed them to pass a seat belt law?

No, I stopped that.  Actually, Lynch may have vetoed it anyway, but we stopped it in the State Senate.  It certainly won't pass in the next 4 fours, don't worry.  I've got that covered.  Maybe in 4 years you will be in NH and I can pass on the responsibility of preventing the evil law to you?

Get me an $95k software job with expenses and my own clock, and I'll see what I can do.

blackie

« Reply #3686 on: November 05, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »

Grafton Drama.

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=21519.msg329158#msg329158
Quote from: Mike Barskey
Jay Boucher physically assaulted me yesterday. Details are in the video.

Jay Boucher assaulted me

I'm posting this as ostracism. I think people he deals with should know how he behaves and should decide to act accordingly with him.

[youtube]OBcrbzkmv4E[/youtube]

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: November 05, 2010, 12:35:54 PM »

Grafton Drama....

Barsky looks pretty good in this.  The only question I have is regarding the lesson to learn.  Was there anything Barsky could have done better?  Could he have left when Boucher demanded and used some other form of communication (maybe continuing to try to contact him and post on forums if he continued to be ignored?)  

I don't know, but I do think it was unreasonable for Boucher to both refuse to answer his seemingly reasonable question and force him off the property.  It's not like he didn't have the "right" to behave the way he did (in the video) but it makes him look pretty bad.  These are the sorts of things we're going to have to work our way through in a stateless society--learning how to resolve conflict without using other "services" (which in a stateless society can still unnecessarily cost us time, frustration and money, etc., but at least we would be empowered to change.)

PS: Shouldn't Boucher have expected to be treated even more harshly, since he trespassed, obviously without permission, and at least temporarily, stoll the property of Barsky?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 12:39:08 PM by What's the frequency, Kenneth? »

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3688 on: November 05, 2010, 04:37:49 PM »

Grafton Drama....

Barsky looks pretty good in this.
You gotta wonder, what is the past history between him and this Boucher guy. The way Boucher barely even looked up, makes it seem like maybe its the ten millionth time Barskey annoyed him and now he has no more patience for it.

I suspect neither of them are exactly a box of bon-bons

BonerJoe

« Reply #3689 on: November 05, 2010, 05:13:45 PM »

Obviously a misunderstanding, and when mixed with both parties probably having Asperger's tendencies (myself included...lol, freedom people) something like this doesn't surprise me.
Pages: 1 ... 244 245 [246] 247 248 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 32 queries.