Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1310992 times)

AntonLee

• The Beast from the East
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3600 on: September 20, 2010, 08:01:11 PM »

so by voting against fascism I helped implement it?

if you are voting for fascism, you're voting against your own freedom. . . even if you win the election I'd like to know how that makes you a 'winner'

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #3601 on: September 20, 2010, 08:48:18 PM »

if you are voting for fascism, you're voting against your own freedom. . . even if you win the election I'd like to know how that makes you a 'winner'

Because, you picked him. He won. That makes you a winner too by default, even if you have nothing to do with the guy. You feel good that the guy you picked won, regardless of the reasons you picked him. Its like football. I pick teams to win all the time. When the one I picked wins, I feel good. Same thing here. If my guy beats your guy, Im smarter than you because I knew who would win and I picked him.............. you didnt. You picked the loser guy.  Doesnt matter if the guy I picked just ate the still beating heart out of a newborn babies chest....... HE WON AND I PICKED HIM!!! Take off losers.

Yay for me......

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 08:51:39 PM by quickmike »
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: September 21, 2010, 09:34:00 AM »

Because, you picked him. He won. That makes you a winner too by default, even if you have nothing to do with the guy. You feel good that the guy you picked won, regardless of the reasons you picked him. Its like football. I pick teams to win all the time. When the one I picked wins, I feel good. Same thing here. If my guy beats your guy, Im smarter than you because I knew who would win and I picked him.............. you didnt. You picked the loser guy.  Doesnt matter if the guy I picked just ate the still beating heart out of a newborn babies chest....... HE WON AND I PICKED HIM!!! Take off losers.

Yay for me......

The BBS needs a "like" button.

Political candidates should actively campaign against having me vote for them. I am like the kiss of death. Once again, all of the candidates I voted for lost; some narrowly, some by a mile but all that had competition lost. I don't feel much like a loser though, I am used to it. I have been a Buccaneers fan since '76.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3603 on: September 21, 2010, 05:14:14 PM »

Once again, all of the candidates I voted for lost; some narrowly, some by a mile but all that had competition lost.
You live in Cheshire County. This is your fate until y'all get some State Rep candidates that are both decent and running winnable campaigns. What town are you in again? Winchester? That's Cheshire-4. There are no NHLA-endorsed candidates there :(

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: September 21, 2010, 08:30:53 PM »

The BBS needs a "like" button.

Political candidates should actively campaign against having me vote for them. I am like the kiss of death. Once again, all of the candidates I voted for lost; some narrowly, some by a mile but all that had competition lost. I don't feel much like a loser though, I am used to it. I have been a Buccaneers fan since '76.

Dude, I can tell you all about voting for the loser. In Illinois, if you vote for anyone other than a full blown statist, your guy is gonna lose. I dont vote much, but if I find someone that really sounds principled (not too often) I'll vote. That guy always loses. Seriously though, I really do think that most voters out there actually think the way I described in my last post.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:32:34 PM by quickmike »

SethCohn

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: September 21, 2010, 08:36:40 PM »

Once again, all of the candidates I voted for lost; some narrowly, some by a mile but all that had competition lost.
You live in Cheshire County. This is your fate until y'all get some State Rep candidates that are both decent and running winnable campaigns. What town are you in again? Winchester? That's Cheshire-4. There are no NHLA-endorsed candidates there :(

Or Mark needs to stop voting for candidates and become a candidate hisself.  He could take on a Butinski any day of the week.
You got 2 years more... make plans.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: September 21, 2010, 08:47:19 PM »

Or Mark needs to stop voting for candidates and become a candidate hisself.  He could take on a Butinski any day of the week.

Shit, if he even got CLOSE to looking like he might win,  they would bring up his past and twist it all around to make him sound like a monster, mixing fact with emotional content that has no basis in fact, yet cant be considered a lie. Theres nothing sacred in politics and no cheap shot would be unused.

Id give it a try though. See what happens.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3607 on: September 21, 2010, 08:53:14 PM »

^this

Mark, you doing any volunteer firefighting, or any other volunteer work these days?

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: September 21, 2010, 09:59:09 PM »

Shit, if he even got CLOSE to looking like he might win,  they would bring up his past and twist it all around to make him sound like a monster, mixing fact with emotional content that has no basis in fact, yet cant be considered a lie. Theres nothing sacred in politics and no cheap shot would be unused.

QFT

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3609 on: September 21, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »

Id give it a try though. See what happens.

Yeah they would dredge all that shit up :(
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

blackie

« Reply #3610 on: September 22, 2010, 09:35:41 AM »

they would bring up his past and twist it all around to make him sound like a monster, mixing fact with emotional content that has no basis in fact, yet cant be considered a lie. Theres nothing sacred in politics and no cheap shot would be unused.
Bringing up the fact that someone pled guilty to murder is not a cheap shot. Also, he is a free stater. They wouldn't need to twist anything around.

There is a reason Mark decided against running for Mayor a few years ago.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #3611 on: September 22, 2010, 09:45:02 AM »

I don't think Mark can even legally vote.  Can he run for office in a system where he can't vote?  I could be wrong about that.  Someone verify one way or the other.

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: September 22, 2010, 10:05:46 AM »

In NH you can vote once released from prison.

http://felonvoting.procon.org/view.resource.php?resourceID=000286

Turd Ferguson

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: September 22, 2010, 10:10:40 AM »

they would bring up his past and twist it all around to make him sound like a monster, mixing fact with emotional content that has no basis in fact, yet cant be considered a lie. Theres nothing sacred in politics and no cheap shot would be unused.
Bringing up the fact that someone pled guilty to murder is not a cheap shot. Also, he is a free stater. They wouldn't need to twist anything around.

There is a reason Mark decided against running for Mayor a few years ago.

Right, but they would put some crap in the ad like "You dont want a MURDERER elected to public office being around your CHILDREN......................... do you?" - Paid for by so and so statist asshole running against Mark Edgington. "Hi im so and so statist asshole running against Mark Edgington and I approve of this message"

That type of thing.

SethCohn

• FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: September 22, 2010, 10:31:47 AM »

^this

Mark, you doing any volunteer firefighting, or any other volunteer work these days?

What's really funny is that Denis and I think he can win regardless of that handicap.  It's the antipolitical folks naysaying, cause they have such high standards of who is electable and who isn't elect.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 32 queries.