Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1312562 times)

ForumTroll

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3420 on: August 08, 2010, 10:16:16 PM »

Shouldn't the goal be to show people that these "wildly unpopular" activities aren't hurting anyone?

Yep. And behaving badly while trying to do it just gets the focus put on the behavior instead of the cause.

Terror Australis

• Bitcoin Evangelist
  • FTL AMPlifier
  • People cannot be coerced into freedom.
    • View Profile
    • Bitcoin
« Reply #3421 on: August 09, 2010, 01:45:54 AM »

Those pesky jews,homosexuals and the handicapped refusing to obey should be rounded up and sent away on trains......how dare they stand up to the gestapo.The collaborators are trying to get the nazi party on their side  and the damn jews are making them look bad by their actions.The nazis stuck all the targets in the ghetto and they had the hide to form a resistance and actually defend themselves.They are casting a bad light on the collaborators who are working with the nazi party to change the system.

The collaborators are trying to work with the gestapo to get the jews free but the jewish resistance fighters are giving them a bad name by disobeying.Oh well, it wont matter if they give the nazi party the names of the resistance fighters so they can round them up and stick them all behind barbed wire because then the nazi party might respect the collaborators more.It doesnt really matter if the collaborators wear the nazi uniforms and salute the fuhrer because that is the only way the jews are going to be free.Stop resisting and embarrassing them already because the collaborators are giving the nazi party members a rating based on the jews they havent killed or rounded up yet which will change their policy.

User generated content + bitcoin = http://witcoin.com

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3422 on: August 09, 2010, 06:06:20 AM »

Smearing "shit on the walls" is not an activity that justifies such a heightened level of forceful intervention IMHO.  Try stating the problem that the smearing creates (i.e., "stinky house") and talking to the kid while you clean it up with him - that would probably be enough to prevent it from happening again.
Two questions, Smart Guy:

1) Do you have a kid
2) Did your kid ever smear shit on the walls

alaric89

« Reply #3423 on: August 09, 2010, 06:21:13 AM »

What is wrong with ox's idea? That's what I did.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 10:03:12 AM by alaric89 »

ForumTroll

« Reply #3424 on: August 09, 2010, 10:57:06 AM »

Well, it looks like Denis is just as stubborn as Ian.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3425 on: August 09, 2010, 10:59:32 AM »

I'm not an authoritarian parent by any stretch. But there are some things kids do, especially when they are in the 3-5 age range, where they will not understand the deleterious consequences of their actions unless the communication is sharp, unmistakable, jarring.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: August 09, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »

The fact that the freak staters jump to civil disobedience right away is big part of the problem.  Civil disobedience is confrontation.  Confrontation causes the other side to dig in their heels.  It causes them to resist.  When you do a bunch of asshole childish stunts like yelling obscenities at Pumpkin Fest all you will accomplish is causing the other side to oppose your every effort.  They are not just going to resist your every effort in that one issue but will resist everything you do.   In some of these cases you have people who will make these things personal.  Mob action in front of a man's home and scaring the guy's family is a very quick way to make the confrontations personal.  
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: August 09, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »

Those pesky jews,homosexuals and the handicapped refusing to obey should be rounded up and sent away on trains......how dare they stand up to the gestapo.The collaborators are trying to get the nazi party on their side  and the damn jews are making them look bad by their actions.The nazis stuck all the targets in the ghetto and they had the hide to form a resistance and actually defend themselves.They are casting a bad light on the collaborators who are working with the nazi party to change the system.

The collaborators are trying to work with the gestapo to get the jews free but the jewish resistance fighters are giving them a bad name by disobeying.Oh well, it wont matter if they give the nazi party the names of the resistance fighters so they can round them up and stick them all behind barbed wire because then the nazi party might respect the collaborators more.It doesnt really matter if the collaborators wear the nazi uniforms and salute the fuhrer because that is the only way the jews are going to be free.Stop resisting and embarrassing them already because the collaborators are giving the nazi party members a rating based on the jews they havent killed or rounded up yet which will change their policy.

A serious example of reduction ad hitlerum.

I'm not an authoritarian parent by any stretch. But there are some things kids do, especially when they are in the 3-5 age range, where they will not understand the deleterious consequences of their actions unless the communication is sharp, unmistakable, jarring.

I see authoritarians all the time.  They don't even know they're authoritarians.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3428 on: August 09, 2010, 12:24:57 PM »

I see authoritarians all the time.  They don't even know they're authoritarians.

Apparently it's OK, as long as you're a parent.

AntonLee

• The Beast from the East
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: August 09, 2010, 01:15:47 PM »

seen far too many parents who are too scared to stand up to the authorities who impose control over them, deal with that by being abusive to their children instead.  My parents for starters. 

I spent no time rubbing shit on walls.  I spent most of my childhood reading, boy scouts, and sleeping.  The few problems I got into were when I was 14+ (not a child) and were anti-authoritarian acts.  Didn't spare me the brushhandle.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: August 09, 2010, 02:59:43 PM »

I see authoritarians all the time.  They don't even know they're authoritarians.

Apparently it's OK, as long as you're a parent.

Some of them think (and use allegories) as though they're our parents.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3431 on: August 09, 2010, 03:40:27 PM »

Good little convo going here, but I'd like to interrupt with more drama:

Ian has a curfew?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

ForumTroll

« Reply #3432 on: August 09, 2010, 03:51:59 PM »

Ian has a curfew?

In b4 he breaks it.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3433 on: August 09, 2010, 05:05:00 PM »

Ian has a curfew?

In b4 he breaks it.

If its a "Dont leave your house after dark." I'm sure he'll break it tonight.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3434 on: August 09, 2010, 05:12:14 PM »

To quote Crass:
If you don't like the rules they make, refuse to play their game
If you don't want to be a number, don't give them your name
If you don't want to be caught out, refuse to hear their question
Silence is a virtue, use it for your own protection
They'll try to make you play their game, refuse to show your face

Ian is showing up in court.
Giving them his name.
Listening to the verdict.
Taking the sentence.
Playing their games.

Ian is an "Inside the System Activist."

I realized this when I first saw him sit on the hood of the police car.

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.