Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1316334 times)

blackie

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3315 on: August 05, 2010, 09:05:14 AM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=3701.msg40846;topicseen#msg40846

Smeg:
I am making this message public on this forum, so that others are aware of my requests.  While you may agree or disagree with me, I would rather let people publicly know that I am no longer voluntarily offering use of my work to Sam.  However, I believe he plans to continue using it, even profiting off of it, without my permission, against my wishes, and without offering me any form of compensation for the extended use of said works.

Sam,

You no longer have permission to use any of my work in any form.  This includes any footage of mine on your drives that has not yet been used, animations i have created, graphics i have created, and other such works.  You had my permission to use them when I worked with you; however, those were not long term use, as i no longer want to have my name or work associated with you or your message.

Failure to comply with this request will result in this request, along with the proper complaint forms, being sent to YouTube as proof of violating their terms of use.

I will also be posting these requests to FreeKeene, so people are aware that I have given you a clear request not to use my work anymore.

You have spent a year getting wonderful work from me, and you chose to be unkind and ruthlessly controlling.  I don't condone that behavior, and I see it coming out in your 'activism'.  i would like to create some distance between your angry, interrupting, "i need to vent some aggression" (direct quote) approach to activism and your constant negativity towards other activists; and part of that includes no longer wanting MY CREATIONS to be associated with you.

i believe this is a reasonable request, as you failed to do what you had originally agreed to (write up a public letter of recommendation for my talents); which once again leads me to believe you are untrustworthy and unfit to use my work to push a message i disagree with.

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: August 05, 2010, 09:11:43 AM »

Could someone please explain this in LOA terms?
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

blackie

« Reply #3317 on: August 05, 2010, 09:17:58 AM »

Smeg and Ian can hook up now!

That would be perfect.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: August 05, 2010, 11:16:38 AM »

Frankly, I was going to post something (vaguely) related to this, but never got around to it.  Sunday, when Sam jumped down Dave in Montana's throat, it occurred to me he might have had a bad day.  I guess he did.

Anyway, poor Dave went on one of his spiels about the Declaration of Independence, and Sam gave him both barrels about the Constitution not being a document worthy of praise, etc.  The problem was, Dave wasn't even talking about the Constitution.  Poor Dave couldn't get a word in edgewise, even trying to tell Sam he wasn't defending the constitution, but he did like the Bill of Rights, since Sam brought it up.  I just thought Sam was unnecessarily deferential to Dave, who I think would have deserved being treated better even if he had referred to the Constitution, which he did not.

Additionally, Sam continued to conflate the Constitution and Declaration of Independence, two entirely separate documents, with entirely separate advocates in their historic period.  If Sam doesn't understand the difference, I hope he gets educated on it, because it was a little embarrassing, especially in context.

Sure, Sam probably had a bad day, but I hope if he gets a chance, he'll apologize to Dave for jumping to conclusions the way he did and talking all over Dave for something he didn't even say, or imply.

With regard to the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, for those who don't know, the Declaration of Independence was not necessarily intended to establish any new government.  It was meant to defend the separation from the government of the time (the crown.)  Maybe some of the adherents intended to establish new government, but it is not clear that any of them would support the Constitution, or (for some) even the Articles of Confederation.  In fact, many had the opportunity to support the Constitution, when it was scandalously used to replace the Articles of Confederation, but chose not to.  I'm sure there are good authorities on the topic.  I originally learned about it in the LeFevre Commentaries (audio) and have since heard many references to it.  In short, the Declaration of Independence is rightly considered one of the greatest documents in political history, and for good reason.  It has little, if anything, to do with the US Constitution.  I was somewhat surprised Wayne didn't step in and point out the problem with Sam's assertion, but perhaps he didn't catch it (I know he knows the difference.)

Now that I've said all that, I want to say that in the balance, Sam's been the best Sunday host, in my opinion, and that none of this diminishes my opinion of him.  I just thought it was surprising at the time, and that something should be said about it.  Since I haven't seen anything said, I'm saying it now.  I hope things get better for Sam.

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: August 05, 2010, 12:08:17 PM »

That would be perfect.

Better yet, Sam and Ian.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER

blackie

« Reply #3320 on: August 05, 2010, 12:10:47 PM »

That would be perfect.

Better yet, Sam and Ian.
That would be hot.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #3321 on: August 05, 2010, 12:19:20 PM »

Sam sent out a message to the universe that he wants everyone to think that he's a giant fucking douchebag.

Smeg sent out a message to the universe that people shouldn't fuck each other over.

The universe responded.

"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: August 05, 2010, 12:40:59 PM »

Sam sent out a message to the universe that he wants everyone to think that he's a giant fucking douchebag.

Smeg sent out a message to the universe that people shouldn't fuck each other over.

The universe responded.

But, it only responded to Sam?  Or, just ironically to Smeg?  Or, is this the work of some third person?

It's all so convoluted.  Wait...I just saw a video about this sort of thing.  Mars in retrograde and stuff.  Let me find it...
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: August 05, 2010, 12:43:38 PM »

The universe responded.

But, it only responded to Sam?  Or, just ironically to Smeg?  Or, is this the work of some third person?

It's all so convoluted.  Wait...I just saw a video about this sort of thing.  Mars in retrograde and stuff.  Let me find it...

The universe likes chicks with tattoos more than frat boy type guys.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: August 05, 2010, 12:44:33 PM »

The universe responded.

But, it only responded to Sam?  Or, just ironically to Smeg?  Or, is this the work of some third person?

From what I undersatnd, Law of Attraction does not work with negatives. For example, "I really don't want to get pulled over! I really don't want to get pulled over!" You will be pulled over.

So Meg wishing in a negative would cause it to actually happen. In theory.

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: August 05, 2010, 12:45:37 PM »

The universe responded.

But, it only responded to Sam?  Or, just ironically to Smeg?  Or, is this the work of some third person?

It's all so convoluted.  Wait...I just saw a video about this sort of thing.  Mars in retrograde and stuff.  Let me find it...

The universe likes chicks with tattoos more than frat boy type guys.

Damn you universe!!!!

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: August 05, 2010, 12:51:26 PM »

From what I understand, Law of Attraction does not work with negatives. For example, "I really don't want to get pulled over! I really don't want to get pulled over!" You will be pulled over.

FTFY

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: August 05, 2010, 12:58:44 PM »

From what I understand, Law of Attraction does not work with negatives. For example, "I really don't want to get pulled over! I really don't want to get pulled over!" You will be pulled over.

FTFY

LOLz

ForumTroll

« Reply #3328 on: August 05, 2010, 12:59:02 PM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=3701.0

this is more about the fact that EVERYTHING i did over the past year happens to be saved to sam's computer, and now he believes all of it is entirely his to do what he pleases with it, even for profit, with no compensation to me.  much of that stuff was not even something we agreed on, or that i worked on with him, it was just my work that happened to be saved to his computers cause mine broke when he spilled water on it last year.

ian, to use the example of you and mark, say you guys part ways and you still want to use his promos; but you also want to use everything mark has ever done over the time you were together, weither it was for you or not.  that's where i have a problem.

i also have a real issue with the attitude sam has been taking with activism lately.  i feel he is too aggressive, angry, and just interrupts and insults people... and i don't really want to be associated with that.

however, after one amazing email this morning, the world is a happy place, and i have decided how to address this issue:
if sam chooses to use my work, i will make better work.  if he makes his own work... i will still make better work ;)
hehehe, win in the market place, cause i'm the original badass ;)  

this thread was to publicly out my request for the stop of sam's use of my work, so everyone was aware it wasn't being done with my approval.  there are just some things i cannot support, like the anger/insults/belittling sarcasm on the megaphone; the constant interrupting of anyone he disagrees with, especially bureaucrats; the negativity towards activists who fail to live up to his standards; etc... because i cannot support such things, i do not wish my work to be associated with it.  if he decides to use it anyway, everyone now knows that i don't necessarily approve/condone the message they are attached to.  this is not a "litigation threat" type thing.  this is a "i'm declaring my lack of association to this, because i may not entirely agree with it."

ForumTroll

« Reply #3329 on: August 05, 2010, 12:59:51 PM »

FTFY

If it doesn't work, then a cat won't fart in John Shaw's face today.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.