Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1313205 times)

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #2430 on: October 29, 2009, 07:05:24 AM »

I blame the Firefighters' Union.

You may think I am being facetious. I am not. The veto override failure had nothing to do with the morons in Keene. It had everything to do with that 1 gubmint workerz union.

Changed My Mind

« Reply #2431 on: October 29, 2009, 07:13:40 AM »

of course, by moron he obviously means the people who support caging people who don't harm others.  He couldn't possibly mean that there's a group of people who oppose force who are moronic, at least not as moronic as those who support using violence against peaceful people.

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: October 29, 2009, 09:51:42 AM »

You may think I am being facetious. I am not. The veto override failure had nothing to do with the morons in Keene. It had everything to do with that 1 gubmint workerz union.

Can you go into greater detail for the uninformed, trapped in the hinterland w/ crazy people, faction?
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: October 29, 2009, 10:38:23 AM »

of course, by moron he obviously means the people who support caging people who don't harm others.  He couldn't possibly mean that there's a group of people who oppose force who are moronic, at least not as moronic as those who support using violence against peaceful people.

No.  I think he is talking about you.  You are a fucking moron. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2434 on: October 29, 2009, 10:59:43 AM »

Can you go into greater detail for the uninformed, trapped in the hinterland w/ crazy people, faction?
I hope to call in tonight. It'll likely be late, say 9:30 PM, before I'm able to call. Sucks that I'll miss the Joel interview. Joel is one of my heroes.

Changed My Mind

« Reply #2435 on: October 29, 2009, 12:12:25 PM »

No.  I think he is talking about you.  You are a fucking moron. 

how kind of you to say.  Unfortunately I'm not a Keeniac so it's quite obvious he wasn't referring to me.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2436 on: October 30, 2009, 06:59:40 AM »

Sorry, children and work kept me busy till well past showtime. Snarfing the podcast now.

Anyway, Mark, I posted what info I can tell over on the NHLA Forum thread on this topic:
http://forum.nhliberty.org/index.php?topic=2476.msg19653#msg19653

blackie

« Reply #2437 on: November 03, 2009, 01:00:53 PM »

The Keene Drama Club

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGFGhiUOLrA

[youtube=425,350]TGFGhiUOLrA[/youtube]

Changed My Mind

« Reply #2438 on: November 03, 2009, 02:02:47 PM »

Ian hasn't been allowed to vote as a homeless person today.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2439 on: November 03, 2009, 05:31:52 PM »

Ian hasn't been allowed to vote as a homeless person today.
The NH statutes are pretty severe about denying someone the right to vote. If any activist wanted to actually go punitive on the bureaucrats and teach them a lesson they will not soon forget, a legal challenge concerning disenfranchisement would be a damn fine weapon to use.

What makes it especially hilarious is that the Keene State Reps are infamous for making the voting laws so weak in NH, that buses of college kids from Mass, Vermont, and Maine get bussed up here by ACORN, SEIU, etc, and literally go voting from town to town. That's not just an allegation -- there are actual signed letters from these young people who later felt remorse for what they had done.

Anyway, Rep. Chuck Weed (D-Keene) is the vice-chair of the Election Law committee, and he personally wrote or championed some of those laws that make it legal for just about anybody with a face to vote in NH.

Maybe Ian should call "his" representative and complain...

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: November 04, 2009, 12:19:56 AM »

You should be allowed to vote anyway.  Likely it would be challenged and then maybe not counted.  But you should be able to actually cast the ballot.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Changed My Mind

« Reply #2441 on: November 04, 2009, 07:57:25 AM »

no no no. . . he has to get the approval of the hag first.

blackie

« Reply #2442 on: November 06, 2009, 12:02:57 PM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=1864.msg21304#msg21304
Please note this submitted, but as of yet unpublished letter to the editor of the Keene Sentinel:

Imagine my surprise when my boyfriend, a member of the Keene Fire Department, informed me that my restaurant, Fritz, had become the “Free Staters” Sunday meeting ground.  In an act that may have begun with good intentions, I am put in a position that requires clarification.

Despite the unwitting representation of my business on the Free Keene web-site, I never consented to their choosing Fritz as a new meeting ground.  In accordance with most restaurant business models, the use of Fritz’s dining room is a service I enjoy providing to individuals in exchange for the purchase of food and to groups in exchange for rent or catering services.  Until now, I have not had to enforce this most basic principle, but am saddened I may have to if I feel my services are being taken advantage of.

Upon reviewing the Free Keene website I found my business name juxtaposed with political content of which neither Fritz, nor myself are associated.  This coincidence has caught my business in the crossfire of a situation I have no intention or desire of getting directly involved in.

I’m not opposed to followers of the Free State movement eating at my establishment, as people of all political views and ideologies are welcome to patronize.  However I am opposed to political groups using my restaurant as a place to organize and solicit new members, especially without my approval.  In response to the Free Keene’s plan to invite themselves to Fritz for their weekly meetings my response is “No, Thank You”.

Jessica Graveline
Owner, Fritz Belgian Fries LLC

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: November 06, 2009, 12:44:39 PM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=1864.msg21304#msg21304
Please note this submitted, but as of yet unpublished letter to the editor of the Keene Sentinel:

Imagine my surprise when my boyfriend, a member of the Keene Fire Department, informed me that my restaurant, Fritz, had become the “Free Staters” Sunday meeting ground.  In an act that may have begun with good intentions, I am put in a position that requires clarification.

Despite the unwitting representation of my business on the Free Keene web-site, I never consented to their choosing Fritz as a new meeting ground.  In accordance with most restaurant business models, the use of Fritz’s dining room is a service I enjoy providing to individuals in exchange for the purchase of food and to groups in exchange for rent or catering services.  Until now, I have not had to enforce this most basic principle, but am saddened I may have to if I feel my services are being taken advantage of.

Upon reviewing the Free Keene website I found my business name juxtaposed with political content of which neither Fritz, nor myself are associated.  This coincidence has caught my business in the crossfire of a situation I have no intention or desire of getting directly involved in.

I’m not opposed to followers of the Free State movement eating at my establishment, as people of all political views and ideologies are welcome to patronize.  However I am opposed to political groups using my restaurant as a place to organize and solicit new members, especially without my approval.  In response to the Free Keene’s plan to invite themselves to Fritz for their weekly meetings my response is “No, Thank You”.

Jessica Graveline
Owner, Fritz Belgian Fries LLC

Now that is good drama!
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: November 06, 2009, 02:26:52 PM »

Business owners need to decide what is good for their business. If the Keen crowd called them and said hey we'd like to have a weekly get together on such and such day.....that's one thing. If a bunch show up and eat and drink and tip every week....that's another.....but if people are just showing up and hanging out with some people who are eating and drinking and tipping.....well, that's completely different thing.

Just like Taproom - who is going to go and have dinner and drinks there on a Tuesday unless you're looking to hang out with the freestaters? I was there after the polls on Tuesday and I didn't see all that much eating and drinking going on - more like space occupying. I know many of the servers hate working Tuesday nights because they get crap in tips.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 32 queries.