Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1313989 times)

blackie

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #825 on: June 05, 2009, 04:03:30 PM »

http://www.ivysspiceoflife.com/specials/
Wednesday
    Public Service Personnel Night — PD, FD, and EMTs bring in your badge, or town office personnel bring in your business card, and get 15% off.

blackie

« Reply #826 on: June 05, 2009, 05:01:01 PM »

http://www.nhclog.org/node/6
Ivy’s felony charges from R.I.: arraignment
Fri, 2009-06-05 09:00 — jraxis

Ivy was arrested on 2009-06-04 in New Hampton when she was stopped at a speed trap and they discovered she has a warrant out for her in Rhode Island, for felony charges alleging some sort of embezzlement when she was on welfare there.

Ivy was arraigned in Laconia District Court on 2009-06-05. Bill Walker, Bill D., and I showed up shortly before 09:00, when the arraignment was supposed to happen; the court security officer at the door first told us no cases had been scheduled today, but then remembered there was one person who was supposed to be arraigned.

As usual, they were confused over the procedures to video in court—the bailiff at the door claimed that only WMUR was allowed to video, and held onto the camera until I got permission from the court to bring it in.

It took them almost an hour to get the arraignment underway. First, they had to go “looking for a judge” because court wasn’t normally in session on Fridays. While this was going on, Bill W. went to file the appearance form as her legal counsel while I dealt with the video motion form. We then went and waited in the hallway, while the courtroom slowly filled up with bureaucrats.

A bailiff came out and told me the judge had approved the video motion, so I could go in and set up the camera—on the witness stand, facing the defense table only. Apparently the prosecutor and judge didn’t want to appear on camera. [I haven’t reviewed the video yet, but this setup was probably actually a good thing: In Manchester, seated in the gallery, the audio is almost unintelligible. Being pointed at the defendant should make the sound a lot clearer.]

A total of fifteen bureaucrats had assembled in the courtroom: The judge, the court clerk, the prosecutor, a New Hampton police officer, three bailiffs, four sheriffs, and the county attorney with three interns, assistants, or similar. Security was incredibly beefed up; they had the front row of the gallery cordoned off so none of us could sit within reaching distance of the defense table, and the entire roomful of bailiffs jumped at every move Bill W. made.

They denied Bill’s motion to appear as Ivy’s legal counsel, because the form wasn’t notarized, and because Ivy hadn’t granted him power of attorney. The fact that it had been impossible for her to do so, being incarcerated, and the fact that they wouldn’t let him speak to her in order to have her do so, didn’t matter. Typical bureaucracy.

They brought Ivy in handcuffed and shackled, and the clerk read off the charges: Two counts of violating RSA 262:16, “Counterfeit, Unauthorized or Forged Stickers, or Decals or Facsimile; Altered or Modified Temporary Motor Vehicle Registration Plates,” violation of RSA 261:178, “Suspension of Registration of Vehicle,” and violation of RSA 612:3, the statutes covering extradition. The complete charge was described as, “after committing a crime in another state, to wit, Rhode Island, for failing to appear in the Providence County Court, for the charge of embezzlement, in violation of the laws of the State of Rhode Island, and is now within the State of New Hampshire, and is liable under the United States Constitution to be delivered on demand of the Governor of Rhode Island and to be removed to the said state.”

Ivy said virtually nothing during the trial. They offered her a court-appointed attorney, to which she explained if she had access to a law library, she could represent herself pro se. They still wanted to appoint her stand-by counsel, and gave her a week to decide how she wanted to proceed.

The judge explained that because the charge was a felony, she could not enter a plea on Ivy’s behalf; also, oddly, she didn’t even ask for pleas, nor enter ones on her behalf, on all of the misdemeanor motor vehicle charges. Ivy was given personal recognizance bail on the latter charges, but the judge said she could not grant any sort of bail on the felony fugitive from justice charge, so after the arraignment was over, they took Ivy back into custody.

Coconut

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: June 05, 2009, 07:22:10 PM »

And Ivy's restaurant is being searched per recent porc411

Bill Brasky

« Reply #828 on: June 05, 2009, 08:01:33 PM »

Roof caved in. 

Who's next?  Step right up.  Buy a ticket, win a prize.  C'mon, pal.  Win a prize for yer gal.  Whats a matter, can't throw a ball, don't got a buck?  First one's on the house.  C'mon, sport, got a rubber arm?  Everybody wins. 

NHArticleTen

« Reply #829 on: June 05, 2009, 08:12:58 PM »

who let the dogs in...

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: June 05, 2009, 08:52:57 PM »

who let the dogs in...

I imagine they let themselves in.

fatcat

« Reply #831 on: June 05, 2009, 08:58:57 PM »

http://www.nhclog.org/node/6
Ivy’s felony charges from R.I.: arraignment
Fri, 2009-06-05 09:00 — jraxis

Ivy was arrested on 2009-06-04 in New Hampton when she was stopped at a speed trap and they discovered she has a warrant out for her in Rhode Island, for felony charges alleging some sort of embezzlement when she was on welfare there.

Ivy was arraigned in Laconia District Court on 2009-06-05. Bill Walker, Bill D., and I showed up shortly before 09:00, when the arraignment was supposed to happen; the court security officer at the door first told us no cases had been scheduled today, but then remembered there was one person who was supposed to be arraigned.

As usual, they were confused over the procedures to video in court—the bailiff at the door claimed that only WMUR was allowed to video, and held onto the camera until I got permission from the court to bring it in.

A bailiff came out and told me the judge had approved the video motion, so I could go in and set up the camera—on the witness stand, facing the defense table only. Apparently the prosecutor and judge didn’t want to appear on camera. [I haven’t reviewed the video yet, but this setup was probably actually a good thing: In Manchester, seated in the gallery, the audio is almost unintelligible. Being pointed at the defendant should make the sound a lot clearer.]

A total of fifteen bureaucrats had assembled in the courtroom: The judge, the court clerk, the prosecutor, a New Hampton police officer, three bailiffs, four sheriffs, and the county attorney with three interns, assistants, or similar. Security was incredibly beefed up; they had the front row of the gallery cordoned off so none of us could sit within reaching distance of the defense table, and the entire roomful of bailiffs jumped at every move Bill W. made.

They denied Bill’s motion to appear as Ivy’s legal counsel, because the form wasn’t notarized, and because Ivy hadn’t granted him power of attorney. The fact that it had been impossible for her to do so, being incarcerated, and the fact that they wouldn’t let him speak to her in order to have her do so, didn’t matter. Typical bureaucracy.

They brought Ivy in handcuffed and shackled, and the clerk read off the charges: Two counts of violating RSA 262:16, “Counterfeit, Unauthorized or Forged Stickers, or Decals or Facsimile; Altered or Modified Temporary Motor Vehicle Registration Plates,” violation of RSA 261:178, “Suspension of Registration of Vehicle,” and violation of RSA 612:3, the statutes covering extradition. The complete charge was described as, “after committing a crime in another state, to wit, Rhode Island, for failing to appear in the Providence County Court, for the charge of embezzlement, in violation of the laws of the State of Rhode Island, and is now within the State of New Hampshire, and is liable under the United States Constitution to be delivered on demand of the Governor of Rhode Island and to be removed to the said state.”

Ivy said virtually nothing during the trial. They offered her a court-appointed attorney, to which she explained if she had access to a law library, she could represent herself pro se. They still wanted to appoint her stand-by counsel, and gave her a week to decide how she wanted to proceed.

FSP activism at its best!

blackie

« Reply #832 on: June 05, 2009, 09:00:04 PM »

Ivy is a hero.

blackie

« Reply #833 on: June 05, 2009, 09:17:19 PM »

They took Ivy's computer. I wonder who served the warrant. NH state police?

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=18267.msg299320#msg299320
BrownHairedGirl:
Odd. I wonder what connection Ivy's computer could have to receiving welfare in RI.

Probably that they are looking for the (nonexistent?) books of her former landscaping (? or whatever other self employment?) business that she closed before the mess that caused her to leave RI. Somewhere there's a bureaucrat who just can't believe there really are no records and they will turn everyone else's lives upside down to get what they assume she must be lying about, even if it turns out there's really no income related to it thus it didn't need to be on a tax form which therefore didn't need to be filed... golly isn't it just so incredible that someone would decline to file if they are so low income as to be below the limit?

They're most likely hoping to find digital records of vast amounts of income to bolster a tax evasion case.

Probably not so much tax evasion as that one of the charges was welfare fraud. But they probably do hope to  also sniff out some tax related stuff now that they have an excuse to snoop around based on this. Or someone may be ignoring the fact that the restaurant did not exist - and certainly is outside RI's jurisdiction even if it did -  during her welfare days thus its income is not relevant to that case.

This is also an example of why we all need to be sure and keep backups of some stuff (like Bill's lost phone number lists) separate from the computer itself to prevent losses like this. Bummer Bill couldn't have said it was HIS computer rather than hers thus it was not the one described in the warrant and they shouldn't have taken it...

blackie

« Reply #834 on: June 05, 2009, 09:27:29 PM »

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=18267.msg299284#msg299284

J’raxis 270145
Ivy recently told me that the State has offered her some sort of social assistance for her kids here—which she turned down for exactly the reasons I cited above.

I wonder how the state made that offer. She lives in Grafton, right?

Anyone know if Ivy sends here kid to public school?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 09:56:14 AM by blackie »

Bill Brasky

« Reply #835 on: June 05, 2009, 09:30:13 PM »

Ivy is a hero.

They fell right into her elaborate trap! 

NHArticleTen

« Reply #836 on: June 06, 2009, 08:21:53 AM »

I can hear the jackboots laughing out loud from here.

blackie

« Reply #837 on: June 06, 2009, 09:51:16 AM »

I wonder if Ivy thought NH wouldn't pick her up for an RI warrant.

It also seems strange to me that NH would be executing a search warrant on Ivy's current bussiness over the RI charges. I wonder if the feds are involved in some kind of tax evasion charges.

blackie

« Reply #838 on: June 06, 2009, 09:59:31 AM »

blackie

« Reply #839 on: June 06, 2009, 11:30:05 AM »

http://courtconnect.courts.ri.gov/pls/ri_adult/ck_public_qry_doct.cp_dktrpt_frames?backto=P&case_id=P2-2009-1087A&begin_date=&end_date=

Case ID:    P2-2009-1087A - SHARON ANKROM
    Court :    (SC) SUPERIOR COURT     Location : (P) PROVIDENCE COUNTY
    Filing Date:    Friday , February 20th, 2009
    Type:     F - FELONY
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 33 queries.