Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1310954 times)

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #780 on: June 02, 2009, 12:11:25 AM »

Like if tons of republican politicians sign up in droves and claim to be members? How would it affect the project?

This already happened. It's why the FSP isn't worth a damn now.
The FSP is doing just fine, Beej.

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 02, 2009, 12:16:39 AM »

Like if tons of republican politicians sign up in droves and claim to be members? How would it affect the project?

Yeah, Beej.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

BonerJoe

« Reply #782 on: June 02, 2009, 12:18:24 AM »

Riiiight.

blackie

« Reply #783 on: June 02, 2009, 12:32:03 AM »

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 02, 2009, 01:08:33 AM »

'just fine' as in "I've fallen and I can't get up!"

I can appreciate the humor, but ultimately I don't understand why you and bj think that the FSP isn't worth a damn. What precisely do the two of you not like about the direction that the FSP is heading? Are you just upset w/ the slow moving progress? I mean, I just moved here and my life is financially better already. I even have leads with hot chicks (though not FSPers) and I've only been here a week. What's the deal?

BonerJoe

« Reply #785 on: June 02, 2009, 07:54:49 AM »

lol

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: June 02, 2009, 11:59:51 PM »

lol
You got up that early to say that? Come on Beej, you're way cooler than that. :o

BonerJoe

« Reply #787 on: June 03, 2009, 12:17:49 AM »

lol
You got up that early to say that? Come on Beej, you're way cooler than that. :o

You're like a Scientologist.

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 03, 2009, 12:44:25 AM »

lol

You're like a Scientologist.
No, I'm Catholic. You know you like those 10 commandments...

blackie

« Reply #789 on: June 04, 2009, 02:42:15 PM »

This guy in Keene wants to be a hero

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=1039.msg9855

Sometime Monday 6/8/09 I will challenge the courts on Sams indefinite imprisonment, prolly with a sign hold in the court room silently, in the back with no chanting.  I don't know exactly when as judge Burke holds different court times, I'm not even certain he holds court on mondays.  I would prefer to focus on primary enforcers such as police rather than secondary enforcers such as courts, and jails, however in Sams situation, it is judge Burke who is the primary instigator.  The following is my statement, though I will likely make minor changes, and polish it up a bit.  ===

Every nation in the world that imprisons people indefinitely, with or without trial always has an excuse.  The Soviets had some reason to put every individual they arrested in jail.  Cuba has its excuses.  China too.  Don't forget about Iran.  Why do powerful governments bother even giving excuses?  Because it gives them the legitimacy to do anything to anyone they want.  The greater legitimacy they have, the less opposition they have from the very small minority in any country that actually cares about creeping tyranny.  In the United States, the excuse given is usually that the person is a terrorist or conspiracy to commit some crime.  It is important to note that not everybody accused of a crime is actually guilty of anything.  That is why there are supposed to be speedy trials, so that a persons life is not destroyed fighting false charges.  Nobody seems to care as long as the person is not a United States citizen.  Creeping Tyranny.  The most dangerous tyranny creeps, it doesn't run, again because there is always less opposition.  The reason there is less opposition is that few recognize creeping tyranny as dangerous.  They are too busy looking for the next Hitler, Stalin, Mao, people that are obviously tyrants.  They have intellectual arguments about slippery slopes, not realizing that we are already on the slippery slope, and have been for quite awhile.   

Jose Padilla was a United States citizen.  Born in Brooklyn New York.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Padilla_(alleged_terrorist)#Timeline
He was held for three and a half years before he was even officially charged with a crime.  He was never charged with the claim that was originally made about him in public.  He was convicted on a conspiracy charge.  We have been on the slippery slope for quite awhile.  More Creeping Tyranny.

In Keene New Hampshire, a man is in jail initially for attempting to videotape a court proceeding but was not able to get past court security and into the courtroom, and was arrested for videotaping in the lobby just prior to the arrest.  He has since been held indefinitely by judge Edward Burke's order for contempt due to his refusal to state his name.  His name is Sam Dodson, and his birth name is Sam Miller.  Both names are the worst kept secret in town.  The government has stated that they know who he is, but are trying to require him to say it himself.  If this was about justice, he would have had his trial for the initial charges and would have been given his sentence, or released.  But this isn't about justice, it is about power, and Sam will not give it to them.  The excuse here is that Sam will not cooperate, so he must be jailed indefinitely, till the judge feels like releasing him.  It is possible the judge is being less than honest, and will release Sam within the week.  It is also possible for the judge to hold Sam till sometime next year.
Sam is a peaceful passive resister.  He went limp upon the arrest, putting the arrestors in the position of having to carry him if they wanted to continue with the arrest.

The judge is not elected, and even if he was, since most vote according to political party affinity, it is incredibly difficult to vote out incumbents.  Attempts have been made by associates of Sam to secure his release or progress in his legal status through the higher courts to no avail as of yet.  Further more, courts have traditionally upheld the 'right' of a judge to indefinitely hold a person for 'reasonable' amounts of time.

I know of no effective means to challenge this power to indefinitely imprison someone.  Power is rarely given up by those in privilege voluntarily, without being challenged.  I am a believer in the potential of assertive peaceful civil disobedience to compel change by direct challenge.  It is for this reason I have chosen to submit myself to this awful power of indefinite imprisonment.  It is my intention to increase the costs of enforcement, since it seems that the courts have so much money that they can waste time with a non-crime where there is clearly no victim rather than going after actually hurtful people, people who are real criminals.  At any time the courts are welcome to release me and Sam thus reducing the added expense both monetarily and in manpower.

No Victim, No Crime

Practical issues,-
 first, I need a place to store my personal belongings, nothing bulky, except my bike which can be chained up outside, but maybe a dozen or two boxes once I pack it all up.  I will pay for space so long as my money reserves last.  I also have 4 large planters that need sunlight, if I am to have any kind of a garden.  Nothing illegal, just a normal fruit and veggie garden in pots.  I will not expect any weeding or watering to be done.  As long as it rains from time to time.

I am giving up my room rental.  I will be available then, great home owner, 110 a week.  Not sympathetic to libertarian issues, but not nosy either.  He has cats and a dog.  No smoking.  He has a few written terms he asks you to agree to, but it is not a lease, though he would like two weeks notice that you are leaving which I just did.   

any help would be appreciated. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #790 on: June 04, 2009, 02:52:41 PM »

WTF did that guy just say he is planning on moving to jail?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

blackie

« Reply #791 on: June 04, 2009, 03:02:58 PM »

That is how you become a hero in Keene.

blackie

« Reply #792 on: June 04, 2009, 04:29:39 PM »

http://freekeene.com/2009/06/04/trial-scheduled-for-sam-615-130pm-et/

Trial Scheduled for Sam: 6/15, 1:30pm ET

BIG NEWS:

Mark your calendar. A trial has been scheduled for Sam on 6/15 at 1:30pm in Keene District Court. (2nd Floor, 3 Washington St., Keene, NH 03431)

Word is Ivy sent notice to the city manager and council as well as some other bureaucrats to let them know they will be held liable under some federal code about deprivation of rights (USC 1983) for every day they have been complicit in holding Sam. A couple of days later, a trial has been magically scheduled.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #793 on: June 04, 2009, 04:58:44 PM »

That is how you become a hero in Keene.

Ha. 

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 04, 2009, 06:10:36 PM »

http://freekeene.com/2009/06/04/trial-scheduled-for-sam-615-130pm-et/

Trial Scheduled for Sam: 6/15, 1:30pm ET

BIG NEWS:

Mark your calendar. A trial has been scheduled for Sam on 6/15 at 1:30pm in Keene District Court. (2nd Floor, 3 Washington St., Keene, NH 03431)

Word is Ivy sent notice to the city manager and council as well as some other bureaucrats to let them know they will be held liable under some federal code about deprivation of rights (USC 1983) for every day they have been complicit in holding Sam. A couple of days later, a trial has been magically scheduled.
Rowdy!
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 32 queries.