Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1311075 times)

zackbass

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #750 on: May 27, 2009, 01:43:22 PM »

Every single person in the thread where Jesse talked about Kat's article mentioning him, who criticized his choice of weapon purchase, should be ashamed of themselves for wasting everyones time with garbage that did not need to be either written, nor read.

Nobody should give a shit what these peoples opinion are of Jesse's weapon.  We are all arguably just a little bit stupider for having to have read that shit, and if anyone here is the offender who did that, you should be damned well ashamed of yourself.  His choice of weapon has no bearing on Kat's article, or the incident in question. 

When a responsible person carries, you probably won't know he's carrying.  Its like a wallet to a well balanced person, a part of their personal stuff.  They know subconsciously exactly where it is, and exactly whats in it.  They don't obsess over it, showing it to people.  When was the last time someone showed you their wallet?  You may catch a glimpse, but thats about all you'll see.  

To an immature person who is not in the right frame of mind, its like the coolest fuckinshit ever.  Like a kid with a new iPod or some other hot-list item, they're all geeked on it, but by the code of Man-Law, its taboo to flash it around.  But they can't help it, because they want everyone to know how badass they are.  And those are the absolute DEFINITIVE wrongest people to be carrying.  

I reckon the Second Amendment applies to irresponsible toy-lovers as well as to evolved gun-culture members.  Just as the First applies equally to immature macho-flash exhibitionists and thoughtful talk-show hosts.
Right on (again), Alex.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: May 27, 2009, 01:45:21 PM »

Every single person in the thread where Jesse talked about Kat's article mentioning him, who criticized his choice of weapon purchase, should be ashamed of themselves for wasting everyones time with garbage that did not need to be either written, nor read.

Nobody should give a shit what these peoples opinion are of Jesse's weapon.  We are all arguably just a little bit stupider for having to have read that shit, and if anyone here is the offender who did that, you should be damned well ashamed of yourself.  His choice of weapon has no bearing on Kat's article, or the incident in question.   All it was, was "noise" which distracted from the relevant issue(s).

Fuck off
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

NHArticleTen

« Reply #752 on: May 27, 2009, 03:55:36 PM »

Nobody should give a shit what these peoples opinion are of Jesse's weapon.  We are all arguably just a little bit stupider for having to have read that shit, and if anyone here is the offender who did that, you should be damned well ashamed of yourself.  His choice of weapon has no bearing on Kat's article, or the incident in question. 

When a responsible person carries, you probably won't know he's carrying.  Its like a wallet to a well balanced person, a part of their personal stuff.  They know subconsciously exactly where it is, and exactly whats in it.  They don't obsess over it, showing it to people.  When was the last time someone showed you their wallet?  You may catch a glimpse, but thats about all you'll see.  

To an immature person who is not in the right frame of mind, its like the coolest fuckinshit ever.  Like a kid with a new iPod or some other hot-list item, they're all geeked on it, but by the code of Man-Law, its taboo to flash it around.  But they can't help it, because they want everyone to know how badass they are.  And those are the absolute DEFINITIVE wrongest people to be carrying.  

I reckon the Second Amendment applies to irresponsible toy-lovers as well as to evolved gun-culture members.  Just as the First applies equally to immature macho-flash exhibitionists and thoughtful talk-show hosts.
Right on (again), Alex.

carillón

Bill Brasky

« Reply #753 on: May 27, 2009, 07:09:21 PM »

Right on (again), Alex.

Yeah, it does.  So what?  That doesn't mean the general populace can't shun a dumbfuck if he's a danger to himself and others.  Or is this social ostracization crap only good for certain things, after the offense? 

BonerJoe

« Reply #754 on: May 27, 2009, 07:12:27 PM »

Yeah, it does.  So what?  That doesn't mean the general populace can't shun a dumbfuck if he's a danger to himself and others.  Or is this social ostracization crap only good for certain things, after the offense? 

Ostracization doesn't work.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: May 27, 2009, 08:35:30 PM »

Indignant rebukes in 3...2...1...

BonerJoe

« Reply #756 on: May 27, 2009, 08:37:15 PM »

What? It's true. He's still in NH and he's still got people defending him. He can still go to Walmart and buy ammo for that MAC-DADDY.

JWI

« Reply #757 on: May 27, 2009, 08:38:15 PM »

It does too!  Just sign this contract and prepare to be offended on a voluntary basis!

Bill Brasky

« Reply #758 on: May 27, 2009, 08:51:59 PM »

What? It's true. He's still in NH and he's still got people defending him. He can still go to Walmart and buy ammo for that MAC-DADDY.

Yeah, I know.  I's just sayin'.

They don't have to sit on their hands with mouths shut. 

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: May 27, 2009, 08:53:31 PM »

I agree with you.  I'm just pointing out reality as it applies to this BBS :P

Ostracization doesn't work because people are disincentivized to go along with it.  Think of participants in ostracization as a cartel (because that's what it is).  Now think about cartels why they don't work...or if you can't figure it out, look here.  And there you go.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #760 on: May 28, 2009, 12:08:49 AM »

Ostracization doesn't work because people are disincentivized to go along with it.  Think of participants in ostracization as a cartel (because that's what it is).  Now think about cartels why they don't work...or if you can't figure it out, look here.  And there you go.

That's why it wouldn't work best case, where everybody really hates the guy.

This isn't even close to that, and most cases wouldn't be.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: May 28, 2009, 08:14:13 AM »

I like to make the strongest case possible by being as charitable as possible to the position which I'm arguing against :P

NHArticleTen

« Reply #762 on: May 28, 2009, 08:22:33 AM »

I like to make the strongest case possible by being as charitable as possible to the position which I'm arguing against :P

chime

Rebel

• Womanizer
  • FTL AMPlifier Platinum
  • Detroit's Finest
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: May 28, 2009, 11:06:25 AM »

Drama in the free state indeed. It'll have to be something to look out for for any of us planning on making the move.
To be frank, it's really not that big of a deal. Just how some of you get on this forum everyday or multiple times per day, the same applies for the denizens over there. People make posts and sometimes you get threads like this, here or there.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #764 on: May 28, 2009, 11:58:12 AM »

t's really not that big of a deal.
^this

There are 700+ FSPers in NH. I generally see only one of them in a given day, and I'm married to her. There's drama, but not much, and it's usually because the kids are keeping us awake all night :P
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.