Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1313579 times)

zackbass

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #675 on: April 25, 2009, 03:43:51 PM »

The object is not to pander to the shitheads but to inspire those who already respect NAP.  We are few, and we will never Convert them.

Could you please rewrite this? I read it and thought, "then what's the point to getting thrown in jail over and over?"

"The object is not to pander to the shitheads but to inspire those who already respect NAP."
The shitheads do not matter.  Trying to persuade them not to Initiate Force against us is a waste of time that could be better spent showing Real Libertarians that we CAN make one small place where we can Vote With Our Feet and live more or less free from their oppression... one shining place where, for the first time in the history of Planet Earth, libertarians can actually move and be The Majority - which means, in the U.S., that we can restrict Enforcement of Evil Laws by Voting for our own Town or County officials and law enforcement officers.

"We are few, and we will never Convert them."
We cannot be a Majority anywhere without moving in libertarians to some place that has fewer shithead Voters than we are able to move in.  To expect to Convert a meaningful number of Them is a recipe for heartbreak.  We must bring our own libertarians.  And the place where we go must have a very low "native" population.  This means a tiny Nebraska or Texas County, or a New England (NH) Town.  Or, possibly, because of the special Wyoming Laws, we could from a New County by splitting an existing Wyoming County.  This last is especially attractive because we could form a New County in the middle of Cheyenne - we could even make our County include the Capitol and that SubWay that serves buffalo subs.  THEN you'd see Publicity - our Sheriff woiuld have jurisdiction over the Legislature!  And remember, there are no State Police in Wyoming!!  We would reign supreme!!!
As a practical matter, we must recognize that the state of Wyoming would stop us form actually splitting a New County off in real life.  So the best bet short-term is Ellsworth NH, then Grafton.

JWI

« Reply #676 on: April 25, 2009, 03:53:33 PM »

The object is not to pander to the shitheads but to inspire those who already respect NAP.  We are few, and we will never Convert them.

Could you please rewrite this? I read it and thought, "then what's the point to getting thrown in jail over and over?"

"The object is not to pander to the shitheads but to inspire those who already respect NAP."
The shitheads do not matter.  Trying to persuade them not to Initiate Force against us is a waste of time that could be better spent showing Real Libertarians that we CAN make one small place where we can Vote With Our Feet and live more or less free from their oppression... one shining place where, for the first time in the history of Planet Earth, libertarians can actually move and be The Majority - which means, in the U.S., that we can restrict Enforcement of Evil Laws by Voting for our own Town or County officials and law enforcement officers.

"We are few, and we will never Convert them."
We cannot be a Majority anywhere without moving in libertarians to some place that has fewer shithead Voters than we are able to move in.  To expect to Convert a meaningful number of Them is a recipe for heartbreak.  We must bring our own libertarians.  And the place where we go must have a very low "native" population.  This means a tiny Nebraska or Texas County, or a New England (NH) Town.  Or, possibly, because of the special Wyoming Laws, we could from a New County by splitting an existing Wyoming County.  This last is especially attractive because we could form a New County in the middle of Cheyenne - we could even make our County include the Capitol and that SubWay that serves buffalo subs.  THEN you'd see Publicity - our Sheriff woiuld have jurisdiction over the Legislature!  And remember, there are no State Police in Wyoming!!  We would reign supreme!!!
As a practical matter, we must recognize that the state of Wyoming would stop us form actually splitting a New County off in real life.  So the best bet short-term is Ellsworth NH, then Grafton.

Thank you!  Fantastic idea btw.  The more I read of Wyoming I have come to like it.

blackie

« Reply #677 on: April 25, 2009, 03:59:01 PM »

So the best bet short-term is Ellsworth NH, then Grafton.
By short term, do you mean 10+ years?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #678 on: April 25, 2009, 04:10:21 PM »

Does that fucking idiot even think? 
Sounds like they didnt plan very well, and also didnt do their research about starting a business well enough either...thats too bad.

Running a restaurant is roughly 10% about the food. There are many very successful places with pretty average, or even kinda bad food, and there are places I've seen come and go in less than 6 months that had some of the best food I've ever tasted. If you don't know how to run a business, having good food will not save you. The person who put the first month's rent down should have been more interested in their business plan than Ivy's ability to use a frying pan.

I found it absolutely amazing that someone was willing to entrust that kind of money to someone with such poor character as Ivy.  With all the problems that she's caused for people here I'm surprised anyone would have trusted that swamp hag bar fly with a dime.  Only thing anyone should ever give her is a fucking bus ticket back to Rhode Island.   
The "free towners" will embrace just about anyone who is willing to live in Grafton. But they are also willing to throw people under the bus.

But that business plan sucked. Opening a mexican restaurant on credit in Bristol, NH, a town with a population of around 3000, during the off season? The big attraction in Bristol is Newfound Lake. The lake isn't that big of an attraction and only in the summer.

Look, in all seriousness... 

I know a couple folks who opened a little stick-built shack-restaurant after retirement, the place is practically a bunk-house with a screen door.  It would remind you of a teener-league baseball food stand, except you can walk inside.  A couple dudes could whack this puppy out on a weekend. 

Their whole twist is breakfast and lunch, I'm pretty sure to this day, they don't serve dinner.  Its all Breakfast sandwiches wrapped in tinfoil, and jumbo burgers for lunch, french fries, three-dogs-for-two-bucks, sausage sandwiches, that sorta thing.  Its geared for the workin-dude and they're opened by six am, and the minute they open theres a steady stream of roofers, carpenters, mechanics, people from that-place-down-the-road (whatever), and they make a fuckin' killing.  They've got potato pancakes on Thursday, and a line out the door. 

And how's it done?  The momma-bear calls everybody "Hon", asks hows the baby.  Gives 'em a bellyfull for five-fifty, and they come back 3x a week.  In the back, on the grill, is a cousin or a niece, pushin' it out - paid under the table.  But they gotta be there every day, like clockwork.  Because those dudes gotta be on the jobsite by 7, bangin' hammers. 

Those fuckers are making money hand over fist.  Says if they knew it woulda been like this, they woulda retired twenty years ago.  Closed on Sundays. 

blackie

« Reply #679 on: April 25, 2009, 07:29:49 PM »

Fast food is the way to go, no doubt about it. And you really need to cut out as much overhead as possible.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: April 25, 2009, 07:42:41 PM »

There are a couple of fast food restaurants that I wish were in this state.  I wish there was a Panchero's in NH. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

JWI

« Reply #681 on: April 25, 2009, 11:31:15 PM »

Anarcho Jesse carrying a rifle with a couple bags of top soil in downtown Keene.

WTF? Every rifle I have has a sling.

I know it'll be unpopular but...has this guy ever taken a hunter's safety course?  Or at least talked to someone who's been a gun owner and a safe gun owning advocate?  I see him carry that rifle like it's an official Red Ryder carbine action two-hundred shot range model air rifle with a compass in the stock and this thing that tells time and I think...WTF?

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: April 25, 2009, 11:38:47 PM »

Is that a rifle or a pellet gun?

I think the cop hit the nail on the head when he said that people don't see activism, they see kookism. 

Bill Brasky

« Reply #683 on: April 25, 2009, 11:39:31 PM »

He's practicing for the day he has to haul dead weight and a rifle away from the town square.  

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 25, 2009, 11:48:27 PM »

Please.  That boy is likely to remove himself from the gene pool here eventually. 

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: April 26, 2009, 12:00:00 AM »

Anarcho-Jesse is a danger to himself and others.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #686 on: April 26, 2009, 12:13:05 AM »

If he starts spending lots of time in jail then at least he'll be out of the publics view for awhile.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Bill Brasky

« Reply #687 on: April 26, 2009, 12:25:19 AM »

Y'know..  It probably won't be long before a few of the grown-ups who live there stuff him in a barrel and throw him off a cliff. 

NHArticleTen

« Reply #688 on: April 26, 2009, 10:15:18 AM »

There are a couple of fast food restaurants that I wish were in this state.  I wish there was a Panchero's in NH. 

Waffle House

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #689 on: April 26, 2009, 11:05:29 AM »

This is what I want around here.

Panchero's
IHOP
Sonics
Culver's

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.