Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1306748 times)

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #600 on: April 17, 2009, 01:32:37 AM »

Anyone who’s gone out to Ron’s range has gotten a crash course in gun safety.

If AnarchoJesse is the result, we know how good it is.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #601 on: April 17, 2009, 01:38:03 AM »

Some people are just a bit lacking in street smarts, it happens. Everyone else just has to compensate for them I guess.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BonerJoe

« Reply #602 on: April 17, 2009, 01:38:14 AM »

AJ is a fed.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #603 on: April 17, 2009, 01:59:52 AM »

AJ is a fed.

Start backing the statement up please. /curious
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 17, 2009, 02:17:05 AM »

AJ is a fed.

It's Bonerjoe. There's nothing to back up. He's kidding, you see.

Bonerjoe = Class clown.

BonerJoe

« Reply #605 on: April 17, 2009, 02:21:06 AM »

wat

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 17, 2009, 02:51:33 AM »

AJ is a fed.

Bonerjoe = Class clown.

He's not kidding.  He was talking about Alex Jones.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

J’raxis 270145

• Voluntaryist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • J’raxis·Com
« Reply #607 on: April 17, 2009, 02:55:40 AM »

Ron who?

Helwig. There’s info about the range at http://ronhelwig.com/, but the site seems to be down now, so I can’t link directly to the right page.

Escaped from MA, 2007-06-30

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #608 on: April 17, 2009, 04:52:31 AM »

^^ Thought he meant AnarchoJesse. ^ Something to read, thx.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 17, 2009, 09:21:39 AM »

AJ is a fed.

Bonerjoe = Class clown.

Doh! I thought he was talking about AnarchoJesse. My bad.

blackie

« Reply #610 on: April 17, 2009, 09:29:32 AM »

Ron who?

Helwig. There’s info about the range at http://ronhelwig.com/, but the site seems to be down now, so I can’t link directly to the right page.
Isn't he trying to sell his place?

voodoo

• FTL AMPlifier Platinum
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 17, 2009, 11:53:17 AM »

^^ Thought he meant AnarchoJesse. ^ Something to read, thx.
AJ is a fed.

Bonerjoe = Class clown.

Doh! I thought he was talking about AnarchoJesse. My bad.

Actually, I was kidding.  And, maybe you were, too.

I'm confused by the failure of the Internet to convey sarcasm.  I blame Al Gore.

So, anyway.  Yeah.  Totally OT, but I guess a couple of weeks ago there was a GCN charlatan cage match between Rense and Jones as to which of them was a fed.  I'd google it for you, anachir, but I don't want to boost either of those keywords.
"It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself."  ~ Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia Q.XVII, 1782. ME 2:222

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #612 on: April 17, 2009, 01:34:50 PM »

Thanks!   8)

blackie

« Reply #613 on: April 17, 2009, 06:55:14 PM »

I was wondering how Ivy started and kept her restaurant going.

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=818.msg6897;topicseen#msg6897
So, I've been getting phone calls and emails asking about Lumpy's somewhat cryptic message here.  And today I got the official notice in the mail, so I figured I could mention it at this point.  Unless some miracle happens we are going to have to close the restaurant.  And there's more.

I've been kinda vague about our financial situation here up til now, but let me explain a bit:
When the opportunity to open up this restaurant came up, we were a bit skeptical but hopeful that we could make it work.  We had no money to our name, but I had one person who believed in my coking abilities who was willing to invest the first month's rent, and Bill had a credit card with a high limit.  Initially Bill decided to fund this project all on credit to the tune of approximately $17,000K.

We opened on September 12th - the tail end of the busy season.  I've mentioned to people lately that "we get about 4 customers a week" - it's been that way since November.  In fact, we made more money in the last two weeks of September, than any other month at all.  In fact, those two weeks in September were nearly double the next-highest month's income.

As months passed, and we had no customers, Bill decided to dig into his nest egg.  His mother had put aside $20K for him to use as a down-payment on a home.

We used it all.

So, huge debt, then drained nest-egg, next step was to stop paying certain invoices that maybe weren't necessary.  So first the DirectTV was shut off, then they came and took the dumpster away.

Then we progressively got behind in necessary utilities.  Once a necessary utility gets shut off, we will be forced to close our doors with not a penny to our name and no way of earning any of it back.

I've mentioned recently the electric would "probably" be shut of in the next couple weeks?  Yeah.  I got the disconnect notice today.

Date of Disconnect: April 28th.

my birthday no less....

Cry

On top of that, the place we stay at in Grafton is not our property, and the end of our contract is May 1st.

So we will be broke, in tons of debt, and homeless by May 1st.  So that's the story.  You heard it straight from the horse's mouth, since I know the rumor mill has other (mis)information...

I don't have a plan.  I've been sending out resumes since mid December and not had one bite.  I sent Peter to mom's house last week and he'll stay there for now until we figure something out.  If there was some way to make it through until next month, that's *supposedly* when this town becomes busy again.  If we could "make it" to the busy season, we'd make all our money back and then some (supposedly), but again, unless there's some miracle, I don't see how we can make it.  I've tried selling personal stuff, I've tried having fundraisers, if our house hadn't gotten broken in to in January and all my jewelry and all of our gold and silver coins stolen, we would have sold those by now - but it is what it is...

Thanks Ian.  Certainly appreciated.

Well, just to pay off the electric bill and pay upcoming rent will be $2500.00.  But then there's keeping food stocked, keeping the phone on, travel expenses, labor expenses if we're away for some reason.  We're probably talking about $5,000.00.  It's a lot.  We really drownded ourselves... *sigh* you live you learn I suppose.

I thought I sent you an email.  I will check on that.  My apologies.  But I will say, I don't want this issue to be confused with Sam's case.  This is a personal issue and if people want to help, we certainly appreciate it.  But I'm helping Sam because I care for him and I admire him and I am so very grateful for what he does here in this state.

NHArticleTen

« Reply #614 on: April 17, 2009, 07:01:42 PM »

I was wondering how Ivy started and kept her restaurant going.

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=818.msg6897;topicseen#msg6897
So, I've been getting phone calls and emails asking about Lumpy's somewhat cryptic message here.  And today I got the official notice in the mail, so I figured I could mention it at this point.  Unless some miracle happens we are going to have to close the restaurant.  And there's more.

I've been kinda vague about our financial situation here up til now, but let me explain a bit:
When the opportunity to open up this restaurant came up, we were a bit skeptical but hopeful that we could make it work.  We had no money to our name, but I had one person who believed in my coking abilities who was willing to invest the first month's rent, and Bill had a credit card with a high limit.  Initially Bill decided to fund this project all on credit to the tune of approximately $17,000K.

We opened on September 12th - the tail end of the busy season.  I've mentioned to people lately that "we get about 4 customers a week" - it's been that way since November.  In fact, we made more money in the last two weeks of September, than any other month at all.  In fact, those two weeks in September were nearly double the next-highest month's income.

As months passed, and we had no customers, Bill decided to dig into his nest egg.  His mother had put aside $20K for him to use as a down-payment on a home.

We used it all.

So, huge debt, then drained nest-egg, next step was to stop paying certain invoices that maybe weren't necessary.  So first the DirectTV was shut off, then they came and took the dumpster away.

Then we progressively got behind in necessary utilities.  Once a necessary utility gets shut off, we will be forced to close our doors with not a penny to our name and no way of earning any of it back.

I've mentioned recently the electric would "probably" be shut of in the next couple weeks?  Yeah.  I got the disconnect notice today.

Date of Disconnect: April 28th.

my birthday no less....

Cry

On top of that, the place we stay at in Grafton is not our property, and the end of our contract is May 1st.

So we will be broke, in tons of debt, and homeless by May 1st.  So that's the story.  You heard it straight from the horse's mouth, since I know the rumor mill has other (mis)information...

I don't have a plan.  I've been sending out resumes since mid December and not had one bite.  I sent Peter to mom's house last week and he'll stay there for now until we figure something out.  If there was some way to make it through until next month, that's *supposedly* when this town becomes busy again.  If we could "make it" to the busy season, we'd make all our money back and then some (supposedly), but again, unless there's some miracle, I don't see how we can make it.  I've tried selling personal stuff, I've tried having fundraisers, if our house hadn't gotten broken in to in January and all my jewelry and all of our gold and silver coins stolen, we would have sold those by now - but it is what it is...

Thanks Ian.  Certainly appreciated.

Well, just to pay off the electric bill and pay upcoming rent will be $2500.00.  But then there's keeping food stocked, keeping the phone on, travel expenses, labor expenses if we're away for some reason.  We're probably talking about $5,000.00.  It's a lot.  We really drownded ourselves... *sigh* you live you learn I suppose.

I thought I sent you an email.  I will check on that.  My apologies.  But I will say, I don't want this issue to be confused with Sam's case.  This is a personal issue and if people want to help, we certainly appreciate it.  But I'm helping Sam because I care for him and I admire him and I am so very grateful for what he does here in this state.

I think you're going to see hundreds of thousands of people in exactly these same situations in the next four to eight months...

Personally, I'd be REALLY surprised if the shit hasn't hit the fan in less than the next 365 days...seriously...

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 32 queries.