Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1306650 times)

Ecolitan

• View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #585 on: April 16, 2009, 09:33:17 AM »

But hey, just like Beth we're all still living and learning...some faster than others...

What!?!  Beth doesn't get the RaD?  Are you getting soft?  Is she cute?

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: April 16, 2009, 09:34:05 AM »

I haven't met him, nothing against him I just disagree with the way he runs his business if what has been said is true.  If police and firemen get discounts I really have a problem with that and I will vote with my dollar and eat at Wendy's.

I would like confirmation that this is true, but I somehow believe it.
It's called "paying off the cops to keep them off your ass".  Why is that so morally depraved?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

NHArticleTen

« Reply #587 on: April 16, 2009, 10:00:56 AM »

But hey, just like Beth we're all still living and learning...some faster than others...

What!?!  Beth doesn't get the RaD?  Are you getting soft?  Is she cute?

Beautiful...

just wish she had consulted with those more philosophically mature than the forever-meddling bureaucrats and their murdering enforcers...

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #588 on: April 16, 2009, 10:56:49 AM »

Everyone coming in might not be properly trained in the handling of firearms.

Very few, I'd expect.

A bunch of newbies getting all excited without really knowing how to handle gun before exercising the open carry option sounds like a tragic accident waiting to happen.

I have been mildly fearfully awaiting just such an event.

Someone should approach Shaw and entice him to fly out and do a biannual training program.

If by entice you mean pay, then I'm sure I could be persuaded.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Alex Libman

« Reply #589 on: April 16, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »

Whoop-sie! Dropped my gun!

That's why I don't carry a gun.  I know I'm a clumsy idiot, and I just never cared for guns in the first 2.5 decades of [my] life.  Better leave it to the professionals.  (I mean free market professionals, obviously.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 12:08:09 PM by Alex Libman »

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: April 16, 2009, 11:30:05 AM »

That's why I don't carry a gun.  I know I'm a clumsy idiot, and I just never cared for guns in the first 2.5 decades of his life.  Better leave it to the professionals.  (I mean free market professionals, obviously.)

I think that that is a very mature and rational attitude.

Also, it's the same reason I'm not having kids.

Alex Libman

« Reply #591 on: April 16, 2009, 11:32:43 AM »

Kids don't shoot projectiles when mishandled, and they're very resilient.  As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing my parents did or could have done that would be worse for me than not being born.  Even if you end up a socially retarded forum troll, it's still a life worth living.  But that's just me.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: April 16, 2009, 11:34:42 AM »

Kids don't shoot projectiles when mishandled, and they're very resilient.  As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing my parents did or could have done that would be worse for me than not being born.  Even if you end up a socially retarded forum troll, it's still a life worth living.  But that's just me.

Let me clarify -

That's why I don't carry a gun have a kid.  I know I'm a clumsy idiot I'd be a bad parent, and I just never cared for guns children in the first 2.5 3.4 decades of his my life.  Better leave it to the professionals.  (I mean free market professionals, obviously.)

Alex Libman

« Reply #593 on: April 16, 2009, 11:59:57 AM »

I get it, I'm just expressing my frustration with the one fatal flaw of secular libertarianism: economic growth benefits from demographic growth (or can suffer greatly from lack thereof) , and there doesn't seem to be a sufficient natural reward for having children.  People will hire other people to protect them (i.e. handle guns), but not to have children who will be needed to fill the labor market when you retire.  I believe this problem could fix itself with less government intervention in family and greater parents' rights, but that's a subject matter for another thread.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: April 16, 2009, 02:21:29 PM »

You can give someone gun safety classes all you want but it isn't going to do a lick of good if the person is a fucking idiot like Anarcho-Jesse. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #595 on: April 16, 2009, 02:47:58 PM »

You can give someone gun safety classes all you want but it isn't going to do a lick of good if the person is a fucking idiot like Anarcho-Jesse. 

Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: April 16, 2009, 05:23:51 PM »

Interesting. You're not the first person to say that AJ is sort of a dipshit.

J’raxis 270145

• Voluntaryist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • J’raxis·Com
« Reply #597 on: April 17, 2009, 01:00:04 AM »

OC'ing (generally not a good idea, and the people who are first to ask you to stop are the people who have been fighting for gun rights for 30+ years in NH) …

Yeah. These would be the people responsible for fracturing the gun-rights movement into no less than three organizations (GO-NH, PGNH, NHFC), which spend more time bickering amongst themselves than getting things done. Among their highlights are (a) kicking legislators off of their own board, when said legislator–board members weren’t there, (b) attacking pro-gun legislators like Jason Bedrick, with wild conspiracy theories about the true intent of his pro-gun bills, and (c) calling the police on a gun owner advertising a gun for sale.

Just thought I should throw that out there.

Escaped from MA, 2007-06-30

J’raxis 270145

• Voluntaryist
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • J’raxis·Com
« Reply #598 on: April 17, 2009, 01:10:42 AM »

There are FSPers and native Friends of the FSP that are credentialed (I forget with what organization(s)) to give regular gun safety classes, and to train other people in giving gun safety classes. I believe one of the FSP state reps is one such person.

But that's just it -- the kind of people that go to (and teach) such classes are, by and large, the kind of people that run (credible) campaigns for for State Rep.
They are also not the kind of people to put their Free-Stater status or general philosophy right in the face of everyone they interact with.
They are the kind of people that quietly, competently volunteer at a soup kitchen... without making a drama out of it.

Anyone who’s gone out to Ron’s range has gotten a crash course in gun safety.

Escaped from MA, 2007-06-30

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #599 on: April 17, 2009, 01:16:27 AM »

Ron who?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 32 queries.