Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1306506 times)

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #465 on: December 05, 2008, 03:00:45 PM »

$4.50+$1.70

How long can you take to do this and not be considered a retard?

I gave the guy the 20c so he didn't have to think on the change.

blackie

« Reply #466 on: December 06, 2008, 10:03:00 AM »

Grafton Country store attempted robbery

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=f4fe24f2-2427-4338-b2d1-13127236bb27
Rifleman robs NH country store

Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2008

GRAFTON – A masked man armed with a long rifle last night robbed the Grafton Country Store on Route 4.

Police said the man entered the store carrying a rifle, immediately demanded money from the clerk and tried unsuccessfully to pull the cash register off the counter.

He ran out of the store empty-handed and got into a vehicle believed to be a gray Volvo that headed north on Route 4. Witnesses chased after the car but were unable to catch up to it.

The Volvo was last seen on Cross Road in Canaan. Investigators do not know if more than one person was involved in the robbery.

The robber is described as possibly being in his early 20s, about 6 feet tall, with a slim build and wearing a black sweatshirt and camouflage face mask.

Police are following up on several leads.

Anyone with information is asked to call State Police, Troop F, at 846-3333. Trooper Alex Davis is heading the investigation.

Free staters questioned  :lol:
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=16304.0

Taors

« Reply #467 on: December 06, 2008, 10:11:57 AM »

Grafton Country Store?

*SLAP!*

AntonLee

« Reply #468 on: December 06, 2008, 04:29:45 PM »

what was he trying to steal some bait?

fresh berries?

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 06, 2008, 10:01:41 PM »

It was Ian.  Now that he's used to life "on the inside" he'll do anything to go back.

Chronicles

« Reply #470 on: December 07, 2008, 03:04:59 AM »

I'm never going to say I'm the quickest at arithmetic but I can count backwards to 20.00

there are just some kids that don't have any skills OR any basic knowledge of English or mathematics

What you say is so true.  I was playing monopoly during thanksgiving with the siblings and mom, and my brother's Fiance's Kids couldn't even count the dots on the dice without using their fingers,  Let alone calculate the rents in the game...  You've just gotta love the public education system...

Holy crap! Really? There isn't a six year old in my homeschooling meet-up group that can't do simple addition in their head.

It saddens me that these kids will be voting not so many years from now.

Chronicles

« Reply #471 on: December 07, 2008, 04:19:36 AM »

"Murphy" could solve this by:

a. paying the wait staff a fixed wage, and advertising no tipping allowed.

b. re-educating wait staff in simple mathematics.

c. replace current inept wait staff.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #472 on: December 07, 2008, 06:51:52 AM »

It was Ian.  Now that he's used to life "on the inside" he'll do anything to go back.
:lol:

NHArticleTen

« Reply #473 on: December 07, 2008, 08:45:24 AM »

"Murphy" could solve this by:

a. paying the wait staff a fixed wage, and advertising no tipping allowed.

b. re-educating wait staff in simple mathematics.

c. replace current inept wait staff.

I think just explaining "how it works" effectively would end all the bullshit

I never had any problems with staff, as they knew EXACTLY what was...and was not...demanded...

if and when they couldn't live up to their part of the bargain...they respectfully tendered the required written documentation...and then we "settled up"...

pretty simple actually...

NHArticleTen

« Reply #474 on: December 07, 2008, 08:58:18 AM »

Grafton Country store attempted robbery

http://www.unionleader.com/article.aspx?articleId=f4fe24f2-2427-4338-b2d1-13127236bb27
Rifleman robs NH country store

Wednesday, Dec. 3, 2008

GRAFTON – A masked man armed with a long rifle last night robbed the Grafton Country Store on Route 4.

Police said the man entered the store carrying a rifle, immediately demanded money from the clerk and tried unsuccessfully to pull the cash register off the counter.

He ran out of the store empty-handed and got into a vehicle believed to be a gray Volvo that headed north on Route 4. Witnesses chased after the car but were unable to catch up to it.

The Volvo was last seen on Cross Road in Canaan. Investigators do not know if more than one person was involved in the robbery.

The robber is described as possibly being in his early 20s, about 6 feet tall, with a slim build and wearing a black sweatshirt and camouflage face mask.

Police are following up on several leads.

Anyone with information is asked to call State Police, Troop F, at 846-3333. Trooper Alex Davis is heading the investigation.

Free staters questioned  :lol:
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=16304.0

guy was probably from out of state...

if he was a local he would know that many people in NH(especially that area) carry sidearms both open and concealed...

if I was there...after he'd been refused, repelled, and destroyed...I'd put a claim on his body, his immediate possessions, his rifle, and his car...

I'm thinking either his kinfolk would buy the body back...or it might be good food for the critters of the forest...

possessions, rifle, and car could be sold to recoup my time and effort expended "correcting his worldview"...

go figure

rad

enjoy!

blackie

« Reply #475 on: December 07, 2008, 09:42:54 AM »

if he was a local he would know that many people in NH(especially that area) carry sidearms both open and concealed...
The only people I have seen open carry in that area are cops. That goes for all of NH. I think I saw maybe two people open carrying in NH during the 8 years I lived there, not including me and hunters. It's not common.

Also, if he went up Cross Rd. he probably knew the area. And I think it must have been Cross Rd. in Orange, as I pretty sure Cross Rd. in Canaan is a dead end road.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 11:53:46 AM by blackie »

blackie

« Reply #476 on: January 06, 2009, 12:57:56 PM »

Posted by Russell

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=16689.0
You can get in on the formation of this wonderful grassroots political organization .... The FSP .... The Free State Party.

We need to formulate our Party platform and start running candidates in elections on extremist freedom issues. We are looking for a few good men who are willing to push that big red Rothbardian button.

For those that just can't stomach the politics ... then they can fight them through the NH Underground or go agorist by living in the Shire.

NH Underground - Civil Disobedience, hiding refugees, poking the government
Shire residency - Agorist lifestyle, funny costumes
Free State Party - Radical Politics

proposed party platform planks:
NH secession in 2009
NH secession in 2010
UN Free Zone
glass hovels for government bureaucrats
holding politicians feet to the fire (porcupine brand optional)

Party Headquarters located in beautiful Grafton, NH ... the center of the political revolution.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #477 on: January 06, 2009, 01:17:29 PM »

We were talking about this at the NHLA Board meeting last night. We agreed it would be a good thing for them to actually go through with this. A group being really extreme and no prayer of winning any elections makes a less extreme group appear more mainstream.

AntonLee

« Reply #478 on: January 06, 2009, 02:04:56 PM »

We were talking about this at the NHLA Board meeting last night. We agreed it would be a good thing for them to actually go through with this. A group being really principled and no prayer of winning any elections makes a less principled group appear more mainstream.

fixed.

Andy

• Verbose.
  • Ask me later.
    • View Profile
    • My Blawg
« Reply #479 on: January 06, 2009, 02:06:44 PM »

We were talking about this at the NHLA Board meeting last night. We agreed it would be a good thing for them to actually go through with this. A group being really principled and no prayer of winning any elections makes a less principled group appear more mainstream.

fixed.

Assuming your correction is accurate, so was the intial post.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 32 queries.