Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1304114 times)

Taors

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #450 on: November 05, 2008, 12:26:31 AM »

What I don't get is how they can have the Sunday Socials or whatever the fuck they're called at Murphy's, when he obviously believes in an anti-freedom agenda. Why don't they pick Wendy's or Pizza Hut, the real anarchist establishments?

NHArticleTen

« Reply #451 on: November 05, 2008, 09:30:35 AM »

What I don't get is how they can have the Sunday Socials or whatever the fuck they're called at Murphy's, when he obviously believes in an anti-freedom agenda. Why don't they pick Wendy's or Pizza Hut, the real anarchist establishments?

one word...

liquor...

(you know...that stuph tightly controlled by the goons with guns)

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #452 on: November 05, 2008, 01:22:54 PM »

Reminds me of an incident when I lived in Mississippi in a white redneck bar when a whole bunch of black deputies came in to the bar and proceeded to make it a point to stare down every patron in there, including me. As if to say "yeah, see I'm a cop and I'm black and have a gun and could arrest you in two seconds, honky". It came down to the same attitude I've run across in most cops "I can do what I want and make sure everyone knows it.".

Taors

« Reply #453 on: November 05, 2008, 01:43:53 PM »

Reminds me of an incident when I lived in Mississippi in a white redneck bar when a whole bunch of black deputies came in to the bar and proceeded to make it a point to stare down every patron in there, including me. As if to say "yeah, see I'm a cop and I'm black and have a gun and could arrest you in two seconds, honky". It came down to the same attitude I've run across in most cops "I can do what I want and make sure everyone knows it.".

Expect more of this with the election of Sharack Narak.

AntonLee

« Reply #454 on: November 05, 2008, 03:11:38 PM »

that's when you start serving them shit food.  Sure, they will tell 9 or so people that it was a bad experience, but I'd still rather lose that business than allow their bullshit in my establishment.  There's no need to give them an order to leave, give them a reason.  You want a club sandwich, toss some shit thrown together in front of them and fill their drinks halfway. 

blackie

« Reply #455 on: December 03, 2008, 04:49:44 PM »

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=16299.0
I just wanted everyone to know what happened to me at Murphy's tonight. I do not want to start another controversy about tipping all over again, just about the practice that happened to me.  I had a tab of $4 something for 2 beers.  I gave the waitress a $20, and she gave me back $14 change and walked away.  Then she comes back and asks me if she did something wrong because I didn't tip her, and about how she only makes $3.65 a hour. I said excuse me but you gave me $14 change, which means you got your tip in the payment. Now I do not have a problem tipping, however when you didn't give all my change back, so I considered that your tip.
 What do you guys think? I think that is kind of a questionable practice to not give back all of ones change, without the customer acknowledging keep the change. What really irks me is that this practice seems to vary amongst all the wait staff there.  Some will give me back all of my change, while others will not. 

AntonLee

« Reply #456 on: December 03, 2008, 04:52:56 PM »

It's so fucking stupid. . . . at Wendy's as Taors suggested they probably wouldn't give you as much shit as you think for bringing in your own drinks.  Hell, if you wanted to be semi-covert about it, sneak in a 750 of rum, everyone order a coke, and mix. 

(it's what the people BEHIND the counter do)

AntonLee

« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2008, 05:32:07 PM »

reminds me of something I heard on the radio:

Caller goes to an old soda shop/magazine rack , total comes to $4.  The employee pushes 'tender' before putting in the price, thus receiving nothing telling him how much to give back.  Caller gave a $20.  After a minute or two of completely frustrated looks by the clerk, he says

Caller:  "hey listen just give me $16 and we'll call it even"

Clerk:  "oooh no you can't fool me I'll wait for the manager to void this so I can re-ring it"

NHArticleTen

« Reply #458 on: December 03, 2008, 05:42:00 PM »

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=16299.0
I just wanted everyone to know what happened to me at Murphy's tonight. I do not want to start another controversy about tipping all over again, just about the practice that happened to me.  I had a tab of $4 something for 2 beers.  I gave the waitress a $20, and she gave me back $14 change and walked away.  Then she comes back and asks me if she did something wrong because I didn't tip her, and about how she only makes $3.65 a hour. I said excuse me but you gave me $14 change, which means you got your tip in the payment. Now I do not have a problem tipping, however when you didn't give all my change back, so I considered that your tip.
 What do you guys think? I think that is kind of a questionable practice to not give back all of ones change, without the customer acknowledging keep the change. What really irks me is that this practice seems to vary amongst all the wait staff there.  Some will give me back all of my change, while others will not. 

http://bbs.freetalklive.com/index.php?topic=25848.msg483013#msg483013

AntonLee

« Reply #459 on: December 04, 2008, 07:37:46 AM »

I'm never going to say I'm the quickest at arithmetic but I can count backwards to 20.00

there are just some kids that don't have any skills OR any basic knowledge of English or mathematics

NHArticleTen

« Reply #460 on: December 04, 2008, 09:52:14 AM »

I'm never going to say I'm the quickest at arithmetic but I can count backwards to 20.00

there are just some kids that don't have any skills OR any basic knowledge of English or mathematics

but at least they voted for the Obamanation...

that makes it all better...

fweeeeeee...

YixilTesiphon

• FTL AMPlifier Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 04, 2008, 10:48:16 AM »

If that story is at all accurate, that woman wasn't even pretending that 4+14 is 20.
And their kids were hippie chicks - all hypocrites.

AntonLee

« Reply #462 on: December 04, 2008, 03:51:21 PM »

it's so ridiculous it's hard to believe myself.  When it comes to change and whatnot, I can see (and could if I went to a store and scoped out the 20 somethings) them waiting for a manager to give them the on screen tally of what change to give back.

I know for a fact I've had people have a very very hard time counting back to 10 or 20. . .

Taors

« Reply #463 on: December 05, 2008, 10:05:19 AM »

Murphy's should stop hiring liberal arts majors from Keene State College.

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #464 on: December 05, 2008, 02:34:35 PM »

What you say is so true.  I was playing monopoly during thanksgiving with the siblings and mom, and my brother's Fiance's Kids couldn't even count the dots on the dice without using their fingers,  Let alone calculate the rents in the game...  You've just gotta love the public education system...
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 32 queries.