Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1306536 times)

Taors

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #390 on: October 31, 2008, 10:44:05 AM »

1) It's a private business -- Murphy's rules, baby.

God I'm so sick of hearing this shit from libertarians.

WE KNOW YOU OWN YOUR PROPERTY AND CAN SET WHATEVER RULES YOU WANT FOR IT. GOOD FOR YOU.

That doesn't mean that people can't criticize the way you run it. You don't need to bring up this stupid ass redundant point everytime someone has a problem with a business establishment.

Manchester seems boring.

It's the most boring city I've ever been to.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #391 on: October 31, 2008, 01:53:16 PM »

I'm with Josh on this. No shit Sherlock. Everyone knows that. That's not the issue and never was.

blackie

« Reply #392 on: October 31, 2008, 02:12:07 PM »

That makes theft ok?

OTOH, the waitstaff are fucking hot and the outfits they wear are in that perfect grey area between respectable and slutty.
Wasn't Ivy on the waitstaff?

Mort

« Reply #393 on: October 31, 2008, 02:37:48 PM »

This is so petty you guys, as if there were't enough of these guys, the project is losing people because ... and I confused here... he DID tip but the waitress stole the money or he DID NOT tip (asshole) and the waiter got (righteously) angry. Either way, no one is get foreclosed on because they lost 4.00 lousy dollars. Just role your eyes, and next time, when you go there again, sit on the outside of the booth or table or whatever and make sure the waitress who stole the money "accidentally" trips on your foot while carrying something heavy.

Oh yeah, let me get on my soap box here, and say that waiting tables SUCKS. I was a waiter at a shitty little family restaurant called "Mabel's" in Traverse City Michigan and it was the most traumatic experience I have ever had. Constantly flitting around from table to table, orders changing, needs ever shifting, other waiters desperatly trying to please people getting in my way, constant traffic jams at the salad making station, butter on the uniform - unavoidable  - manager is angry - don't let it happen again, old people not tipping, getting a Chic Tract instead of a tip from some "paula-esque" nut job woman, getting trashed talked by the good old boys sitting in the corner booth who think I'm gay because my apron looks like a fucking skirt - I didn't make the uniform assholes!, night clean-up and my back is killing me, stupid asshole females who think I should know what fish and chips is when its not even on the menu!!!!! Come on, I'm not british (unfortunately), I don't know what you mean by fish and chips! I'm sorry ok?.....You know those idiots who whine about getting old and how being young was so awesome?! I thank god everyday I'm 28 years old and counting. I hated being young, it sucked. Mabel's was one of those defining experiences in my life. I taught me that I do NOT want to be a manual laborer for the rest of my life. I worked there for 3 months while on break from college. I now tip all waiters and waitresses $5, I don't care how bad their service is, its just a thing with me. Oh, to be fair, I was the world's worst waiter. Damn females with their verbal skills and their great short term memories ran circles around me and always left the restraunt at night smilling with atleast 70 more dollars in tips than I did. I would, LITERALLY, rather suck dick on figueroa and 110th street every night than go back to being a waiter.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #394 on: October 31, 2008, 02:42:33 PM »

No, Barskey (the guy in question) doesn't believe in tipping, ever, for any reason. The owner, Keith at first banned him and then said he could come back with the knowledge that he will automatically add 15% on just Barskey's bill to make up for his refusal to tip. That's the situation.
 It's not effecting anything, except causing some drama because (some) folk disagree about the custom of tipping.

blackie

« Reply #395 on: October 31, 2008, 02:44:45 PM »

I wonder if restaurants would pay waitstaff nothing if the law would allow it.

Mort

« Reply #396 on: October 31, 2008, 02:52:47 PM »

They practically already do. The meager hourly wage you make up is chewed up by the Government in the form of taxes because you're making "tips" and you still get taxed on the tips at the end of the day. Assholes.

blackie

« Reply #397 on: October 31, 2008, 02:55:34 PM »

They practically already do. The meager hourly wage you make up is chewed up by the Government in the form of taxes because you're making "tips" and you still get taxed on the tips at the end of the day. Assholes.
I take that as a yes.

blackie

« Reply #398 on: October 31, 2008, 03:23:24 PM »

If you think tipping is stupid, OPEN UP YOUR OWN DAMN BAR and implement a no-tips policy. Have fun finding waitstaff!
How hard can it be to find unskilled labor if you pay them a fair wage?

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/12/magazine/12tipping-t.html?_r=2&pagewanted=1&th&emc=th&oref=slogin&oref=slogin

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #399 on: October 31, 2008, 03:51:18 PM »

This guy just doesn't believe people SHOULD tip. So he doesn't, even though he knows he pisses people off wherever he goes by so doing. And he wasn't banned.

error...you smoke, right? ... cuz I've seen you in a video smoking outside of that place one time. So those "libertarians" don't let you smoke in there? How does that make you feel? Do you give tips for such amazing (<---sarcasm) "liberty-minded" hospitality?

I certainly don't give tips for such blatantly stupid trolling.

JWI

« Reply #400 on: October 31, 2008, 09:02:33 PM »

Getting bent out of shape over a tip is stupid.  I still have yet to hear if the service was any good.  If not, then I too would not tip.
The service is a little slow when the place is packed. About like any bar.
OTOH, the waitstaff are fucking hot and the outfits they wear are in that perfect grey area between respectable and slutty.

Murphy's FTW!

So it's kinda like a titty bar, you just can't buy lap dances?

NHArticleTen

« Reply #401 on: November 01, 2008, 09:49:25 AM »

I would prefer that the waitstaff were all independent "contractors"...contracting with each person/party/group separately...

I strongly encourage anyone/everyone exchanging their time/effort/labor/brainpower/etc. for anything else...at all...ever...EVER...

To do so as much as possible and to REMEMBER THAT YOUR PERSONAL BUSINESS IS JUST THAT...YOUR PERSONAL BUSINESS...

What part of "refusing to incriminate yourself"...don't you understand...

blackie

« Reply #402 on: November 01, 2008, 10:14:51 AM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=211.msg1681;topicseen#msg1681

AnarchoJesse is a fraud.
Hello all, I am quite upset at the moment because of the betrayal I have experienced, but I must let it be known. Jesse moved up here as part of the free state project, claiming to be in search of liberty and to live by its principles but it has come to my attention that this is not the case. He stayed on my couch for two months, feeding me lies and stealing my food and who knows what else. Josh too has become the most recent victim of his and tonight, it has been (without a doubt) come to our attention that Jesse, or shall I say Cory M Malony (SP) is not who he claims to be. At this point I have no idea who he really is, because pretty much everything he says is a lie or something twisted beyond truth. I have talked to Josh about what Corry has been telling him, and nothing adds up. He is a master of manipulation, taking advantage of the compassion which he receives. For the past week, I have seen him claim to be working for Jack Shimick, while in actually, he has been womanizing, stealing, and promoting violence. I will now be counter protesting Jesse at his flag burn, if it is still going to happen. I would encourage all members of the free state project to disassociate from this individual, if you don't, you may be his next victim. I need to sleep now, but I thought I should warn you. I can't express the disappointment I'm feeling right now, but in the coming days I will tell more. I'm sorry to bring the bad news

JWI

« Reply #403 on: November 01, 2008, 10:18:27 AM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=211.msg1681;topicseen#msg1681

AnarchoJesse is a fraud.
Hello all, I am quite upset at the moment because of the betrayal I have experienced, but I must let it be known. Jesse moved up here as part of the free state project, claiming to be in search of liberty and to live by its principles but it has come to my attention that this is not the case. He stayed on my couch for two months, feeding me lies and stealing my food and who knows what else. Josh too has become the most recent victim of his and tonight, it has been (without a doubt) come to our attention that Jesse, or shall I say Cory M Malony (SP) is not who he claims to be. At this point I have no idea who he really is, because pretty much everything he says is a lie or something twisted beyond truth. I have talked to Josh about what Corry has been telling him, and nothing adds up. He is a master of manipulation, taking advantage of the compassion which he receives. For the past week, I have seen him claim to be working for Jack Shimick, while in actually, he has been womanizing, stealing, and promoting violence. I will now be counter protesting Jesse at his flag burn, if it is still going to happen. I would encourage all members of the free state project to disassociate from this individual, if you don't, you may be his next victim. I need to sleep now, but I thought I should warn you. I can't express the disappointment I'm feeling right now, but in the coming days I will tell more. I'm sorry to bring the bad news

Get your worthless anarchojesse notes now!!!!

What a great fuckin' idea.  Here, give me money for these labor notes.  Hopefully you'll lose them and I'll keep your money.  If you don't, hopefully you won't redeem them.  If you do redeem them, then I guess I'll just have to do something.  Wouldn't it be easier to just pay me for the work at that moment rather than buying these stupid labor notes?

Taors

« Reply #404 on: November 01, 2008, 10:18:57 AM »

:lol:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 33 queries.