Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1306406 times)

One two three

• View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #375 on: September 18, 2008, 08:42:09 PM »

Nope. The founder of the FPS "moves" to NH to fulfill his first 1000 pledge, but has to leave early because Mr. Wiskers goes missing.  That is some funny shit. I couldn't make this shit up if I tried.

I think you just did.  He didn't leave early, whatever that means.
Yeah, I hijacked his account and posted that on the FSP forum.

Post what on his account?  He currently lives in NH but is still a teacher in NY and will move back to his apartment before the 1st semester of 2009 starts, from my understanding.

However, he is currently in NY, for a few days.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

blackie

« Reply #376 on: September 19, 2008, 01:06:06 PM »

He currently lives in NH but is still a teacher in NY and will move back to his apartment before the 1st semester of 2009 starts, from my understanding.
He lives in NH, but he owns a house and has a job in NY, and also is currently in NY.  :D

When I was doing my roadtrip recently, I lived in Tonawanda, NY for about 30 mins.

Taors

« Reply #377 on: September 19, 2008, 08:50:57 PM »

I don't get why everyone worships Jason Sorens as the 'founder' of the FSP. All he did was write a fucking essay, and then a couple of idealistic people took the idea and ran with it. Those people are the ones who should be considered the 'founders' of the FSP.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #378 on: September 20, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »

I don't get why everyone worships Jason Sorens as the 'founder' of the FSP. All he did was write a fucking essay, and then a couple of idealistic people took the idea and ran with it. Those people are the ones who should be considered the 'founders' of the FSP.

Who worships Jason because he founded the FSP?  I worship him because he listens to crazy metal music and gives out free drinks (good ones, I might add).

But, anyway, thanks for the nice words :)
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #379 on: September 20, 2008, 12:26:16 PM »

Who worships Jason because he founded the FSP?  I worship him because he listens to crazy metal music and gives out free drinks (good ones, I might add).

But, anyway, thanks for the nice words :)

Damn, and here I thought I was the only Jason who listens to crazy metal music and gives out drinks.

blackie

« Reply #380 on: October 30, 2008, 09:32:47 PM »

Free Stater banned from Murphy's taproom for not tipping.

Crazy shit.

http://mike.barskey.net/Mike_Barskey/Thoughts/Entries/2008/10/28_I_Was_Banned_For_Not_Tipping.html
Keith then told me, "This is nothing personal against you, but if you're not going to take care of my wait staff, I don't want you in my restaurant. It's your right to not tip, but it's my right to not want you as a customer." I replied, "OK. I understand. Please refund my $4.00 and I'll leave. Can I have five minutes to say goodbye to my friends?" He allowed me five minutes.
As I was saying goodbye to my friends, Keith approached me and gave me my $4.00 and showed me the original receipt, explaining "It was an accident. The waitress though the zero you wrote on the tip line was a four, and you can see it does kind of look like a four." It did indeed look like a four. But I did not write it that way. When I write any dollar amount, ever, I write the full amount, like "$4.00" or "4.00" - never like "4" - but on the receipt, all that was written was "0" and that had a few extra lines and squiggles that made it look kind of like a "4." And the number "3" in the total amount at the bottom of the receipt had been written over as well, to make "$23.20" look like "$27.20" - I did not do that, either. I stuttered a few seconds, trying to find a polite way to tell Keith that it was not an accident, that his waitress intentionally stole my money, but I figured he was not going to un-ban me and I didn't see a point, so I just said, "OK."
I recognize that it is Keith's restaurant - his private property - and as such he has the right to choose his customers. I do not hold it against him that he banned me, or even that he disagrees with me about tipping. I am merely disappointed that I will no longer be able to go to Taproom Tuesdays. I really enjoyed that event. And there are some friends that I hardly ever see except there. Oh well, I'll have to make more of an effort to see them elsewhere.

Russell Griswold

« Reply #381 on: October 30, 2008, 09:45:02 PM »

Manchester seems boring.

BonerJoe

« Reply #382 on: October 30, 2008, 09:45:12 PM »

Haha.

Fucking Jews.

blackie

« Reply #383 on: October 30, 2008, 10:34:40 PM »

John Babiarz has a heart attack.

http://www.graftongazette.com/Current.pdf

JWI

« Reply #384 on: October 31, 2008, 12:38:38 AM »

Getting bent out of shape over a tip is stupid.  I still have yet to hear if the service was any good.  If not, then I too would not tip.

error

• AMP Call-In Line Provider
  • FTL Crew
  • Department of Homeland Stupidity
    • View Profile
    • Department of Homeland Stupidity
« Reply #385 on: October 31, 2008, 12:53:21 AM »

This guy just doesn't believe people SHOULD tip. So he doesn't, even though he knows he pisses people off wherever he goes by so doing. And he wasn't banned.

JWI

« Reply #386 on: October 31, 2008, 01:00:19 AM »

This guy just doesn't believe people SHOULD tip. So he doesn't, even though he knows he pisses people off wherever he goes by so doing. And he wasn't banned.

That's fine.  I waited on tables for about a year and some people didn't tip no matter what.  It didn't matter much to me, they got the same level of service no matter what.  I'd rather keep them as a customer in order to keep the business going so other people who do tip could come in and make up for it.

Now if no one tipped, I  wouldn't have worked there.  I think my hourly wage was ~$2.35/hour at that time.  A terrible wage for the work that was required.

Porcupine_in_MA

« Reply #387 on: October 31, 2008, 01:02:26 AM »

That's fine.  I waited on tables for about a year and some people didn't tip no matter what.  It didn't matter much to me, they got the same level of service no matter what.  I'd rather keep them as a customer in order to keep the business going so other people who do tip could come in and make up for it.

Now if no one tipped, I  wouldn't have worked there.  I think my hourly wage was ~$2.35/hour at that time.  A terrible wage for the work that was required.

Great attitude. 8) Very libertarian of you.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #388 on: October 31, 2008, 09:35:33 AM »

1) It's a private business -- Murphy's rules, baby.
2) Murphy knows he needs to find & retain good staff in order to keep his customers
3) If the staff hate the FSPers because they don't tip, eventually one or the other has gotta go
4) 80+% of the FSPers tip like 80+% of normal people
5) ~20 of the FSPers tip extra cause we are like that (d_goddard proudly tips at LEAST 20% for decent service, especially on a damn $10 order)
6) <1% of FSPers don't tip either due to some weird moral theory (Barskey) or because they are cheap bastards (no names given)
7) Murphy's calculation to lose one guy who buys less than $20/week vs. pissing off a hard-o-find good server was an easy one
8) If you think tipping is stupid, OPEN UP YOUR OWN DAMN BAR and implement a no-tips policy. Have fun finding waitstaff!

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #389 on: October 31, 2008, 09:42:18 AM »

Getting bent out of shape over a tip is stupid.  I still have yet to hear if the service was any good.  If not, then I too would not tip.
The service is a little slow when the place is packed. About like any bar.
OTOH, the waitstaff are fucking hot and the outfits they wear are in that perfect grey area between respectable and slutty.

Murphy's FTW!
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 33 queries.