Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1306489 times)

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2008, 12:51:20 PM »

I guess now it is time for the couple of buffoons to whip out there FREE RUSSEL KANNING  t-shirts and make like he is some kind of hero for being a fucking idiot. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2008, 01:05:41 PM »

I prefer not to use the term Anarcho Capitalist Civil Disobediance, I prefer Free Marketeer "Making A Fucking Scene and Fixing Nothing"
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Barterer

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2008, 01:42:49 PM »

Most of what you guys are saying is true.

Token counterpoint: That "outlaw manicurist" guy, Michael Fisher, did some CD, got arrested, got people talking about the stupid NH laws concerning license requirements for health & beauty spa people, and those requirements were subsequently rolled back.  I know.. whoop-dee-doo. 

If the same was done for engineering (or any field where the regulations aren't totally absurd) that would encourage me to move.  Fat chance though, because the statist's "Safety and Welfare of the Public" argument has a hell of a lot more clout when you're talking bridge beams and skyscrapers.. vs. hair and fingernails.

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
    • Dooms Day Device Photography
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2008, 05:26:56 PM »

Are you even an FTL listener?

He's just a whiny bastard that sticks to the FTL forum like a heroin addict.
Dooms Day Device Photography = www.dooms-day-device.com
Iraq Veterans Against the War - www.ivaw.org

jimmed

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2008, 05:59:35 PM »

and those requirements were subsequently rolled back

Do you have evidence to back this up?

jimmed

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2008, 06:00:04 PM »

Are you even an FTL listener?

He's just a whiny bastard that sticks to the FTL forum like a heroin addict.

At least I didn't move to NH for a pipe dream.

jimmed

« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2008, 06:08:39 PM »

"Russell's being held on $10,000 bail. ... Now he's in jail for not paying child support"

Guess he thought they were fucking around about that shit. Haha.

Of course I don't agree with using government force to collect what should be a voluntary payment. But, that doesn't mean they ain't gonna git ya.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 06:10:15 PM by BonerJoe »

Barterer

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2008, 08:38:07 PM »

and those requirements were subsequently rolled back

Do you have evidence to back this up?

http://nhindymedia.org/newswire/display/2577/index.php
Legislator to sponsor "Outlaw Manicurist" bill

Over two months after going to jail for performing an unlicensed manicure, Newmarket resident Mike Fisher is still reaping rewards for his sacrifice. This week State Representative Paul Hopfgarten publicly announced he would sponsor legislation easing barriers to entry for aspiring manicurists and other cosmetic startups.

"We'd need to craft it in such a way that it would be palatable to the majority of the House and Senate," writes the Derry Republican, "but YES, I would be willing to sponsor."

On May 9, Fisher appeared outside the the Board of Barbering, Cosmetology, and Esthetics office in Concord and began administering for-profit manicures without a license. Board representatives called police, who then cuffed and jailed him when he refused to stop. Fisher aimed to draw attention to the idea that "in a free country, you do not need permission from the government to start a business." He succeeded in achieving statewide headlines, but now he's achieved something more: the promise of legislative action to ease business regulation.

"I think that would be awesome," says Fisher. "It's a very hopeful development to see that we're getting support from all different types of people."

The exact wording has yet to be determined. But Fisher has said he hopes the bill will significantly reduce the number of hours of training required to attain a license from the Board and limit required training to issues that have to do with customer safety only. Currently the state requires hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars worth of schooling to buff a nail for profit.

but looking at the current requirements..
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XXX/313-A/313-A-mrg.htm
    313-A:12 Qualifications; Manicurists. – A person, to be issued a manicurist's license by the board, shall, in addition to satisfying the requirements of RSA 313-A:11, I(a), (b), and (e):
    I. Have completed a course of at least 300 hours of professional training in manicuring, in a school approved by the board and passed an examination conducted by the board; or
    II. Have satisfied the requirement set out in RSA 313-A:11, I(d) and, as an apprentice in a salon, received, in the opinion of the board, the equivalent of the course required under paragraph I.

Still 300 hours of training required.  Achievement:  lip service.  Sons of bitches.  Well, I guess that demolishes the last scrap of hope I had for the CD gang.  Sad.

Puke

• Sarcasm Overlord
  • FTL Creative Team
  • Rock on!
    • View Profile
    • Dooms Day Device Photography
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2008, 08:39:52 PM »

Yeah, I guess posting on a BBS is your idea of giving a shit.
Good job Gandi.  
Dooms Day Device Photography = www.dooms-day-device.com
Iraq Veterans Against the War - www.ivaw.org

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2008, 08:46:43 PM »

im not to going to read through all that shit, but i have a question for those who live up there from someone who thinks it sounds like a great idea..

is it really such a small community of individuals that everyone not only knows one anothers personal affairs, but actually gets off on choosing sides and creating a scandal?

maybe its my limited exposure, but from the interactions i see here and reports about the other forum- this movement is already as bad as any other. im hoping its just the type of people who like to frequent internet forums and cause a little ruckus now and then.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

jimmed

« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2008, 08:50:33 PM »

Yeah, I guess posting on a BBS is your idea of giving a shit.
Good job Gandi.  

You know I won, so shut up.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2008, 09:06:44 PM »

is it really such a small community of individuals that everyone
Do the math... there are 500_ FSPers in-state.
Most of them don't listen to FTL.
Most of them don't post on NHFree, or on here.

Most of them have at least met many of the others -- after all, having moved, wouldn't you want to at least go to a BBQ or "Meet The Porcs" house party to see who these people are? Plus if you're politically active, you see the other FSPers, at LP events, in the State House, at the Ron Paul meetups, or similar such.

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2008, 11:08:58 PM »

is it really such a small community of individuals that everyone not only knows one anothers personal affairs, but actually gets off on choosing sides and creating a scandal?

No.  Hell, even the various FTL hosts don't know quite a few things about each other.  I given money to and stayed with people in NH and they don't even know my full name.  But, considering the movement started around 2000, some people have known each other for years and people tell people things about themself.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2008, 12:58:55 AM »

good to know fellers. cant never tell these days what with the ways people are.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Blackie

« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2008, 07:39:51 AM »

good to know fellers. cant never tell these days what with the ways people are.
There are lots of people in NH like you.   :(
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 32 queries.