Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1311701 times)

BonerJoe

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #4785 on: February 01, 2012, 01:44:21 PM »

"Sovereign Curtis shared a link.
Sunday, January 29 at 5:33pm
Any of you awesome people have experience with RVs? I'm looking to purchase one for (in addition to living in) a tour promoting the Free State Project and I need to get up to speed fast. (hhhmm, there should be a Porcupine RV group). I'm looking at one that appears GREAT and is CHEAP, but I KNOW there has to be something that I'm missing being completely ignorant and all. Any advice/help you can give would be MUCH appreciated. Here is the specific RV I'm looking at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/200-PHOTOS-MINT-COND-1991-PACE-ARROW-35-FT-CARFAX-CERTIFIED-SERVICED-NO-RESERVE-/160726016665?pt=RVs_Campers&hash=item256c046299"

Who's suggestion was it to turn this into an FSP promotional tour?

Are you saying that you or Curtis won't ever accept donations or compensation from the FSP as part of this trip?

As I said, it was Ofer's idea.

We're willing to accept donations to help us get on the road, but operating costs are expected to be covered by the bounty provided by Free Sate Now! Individuals, for whatever reason, think its a good idea and are willing to donate. We haven't yet solicited any donations for this effort, they've just stepped up saying "I'll contribute 'x'". We're not considering accepting donations or compensation from the FSP as part of the point is to fund this effort via the free market. The FSP can't afford to send someone around the country promoting the FSP, but if supporters can afford to get it on its feet, and FSN can afford to compensate for signing up new participants, the idea (which hasn't been completely investigated) is the FSP doesn't have to fund it, at all. After an initial investment it should (hopefully) be self-supporting. Again, this idea is still in its infancy and much research needs to be done to see if its cost (whatever that may be, still need to investigate that as well) is worth the benefit (is ten signers a day doable?). But we know we want an RV, we're just now looking for one that would be more road-worthy.

BonerJoe

« Reply #4786 on: February 01, 2012, 01:53:20 PM »

And if you're not paying Mackler or the Bank rent, are you paying Jacob rent?

Why aren't you paying rent?

BonerJoe

« Reply #4787 on: February 01, 2012, 01:54:04 PM »

It's a simple question that has yet to be answered. Continued avoidance of it will result in more textual eyerolling.

BonerJoe

« Reply #4788 on: February 01, 2012, 01:56:59 PM »

I mean, I understand you need money to move. But that's an excuse to remain there until your removed by the use of force?

Fred

• View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: February 01, 2012, 01:59:59 PM »

Why don't you guys just meet for coffee or beer and sort this shit out.  Its pretty fucking boring to me..just sayin.

Sovereign Curtis

• View Profile
    • http://porcfest.com
« Reply #4790 on: February 01, 2012, 02:21:29 PM »

Jay, you're purposefully asking questions we won't answer because WE'RE GOING TO COURT.

If you want to know the answers to questions we'll be asked in court, show up at the hearing.
Or don't and wait for someone to tell you what happened and/or for the video to come out.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4791 on: February 01, 2012, 02:31:42 PM »

you guys are all cunts

Yes, the rapidly growing number of people trying to avoid you are cunts and the people at the center of the storm are the only good guys.

Sluggers

• View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: February 01, 2012, 02:33:28 PM »

Please post the chip-in to donate to this couple to get them to drive away and never come back.

The FSP should be willing to help.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: February 01, 2012, 02:40:48 PM »

you guys are all cunts

Yes, the rapidly growing number of people trying to avoid you are cunts and the people at the center of the storm are the only good guys.
repeatedly posting about someone all over the internet is hardly avoiding them, it is encouraging more interaction
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

Robin

• I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: February 01, 2012, 02:45:01 PM »

I now understand why some people move here for the FSP and drop off the face of the planet after being featured in these threads about their relationships and other personal life business.
But now I'm on a mission to mend. Everything that broke and make it glisten again. Strip down, redesign, construct, and improve. While the rest procrastinate I'll be making my move.

BonerJoe

« Reply #4795 on: February 01, 2012, 02:54:37 PM »

Ten bucks donated to the FSP says they'll never show up in court.

Sluggers

• View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: February 01, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »

If you don't want to be involved in drama then pay your damn rent or move the #$%@ out.

The guy was nice enough to rent you the place for a fraction of the going rate for Christ's sake.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: February 01, 2012, 02:58:36 PM »

I prefere a travel trailer and a pickup or SUV. It is nice to be able to separate your "car" and "house" once ones destination is reached. Although I have a SUV at the moment I in all honesty prefer pickups to use as a tractor because it is easier to see behind and easier to take small vehicles like bicycles along. A large engined vehicle tends to pay for itself if often running under a heavy load. I had a 7.3L Ford diesel that loved to pull things around- what it didn't like to do was drive to the store empty it got terrible gas milage on short trips. My camping trailer is self contained so I can stop anywhere, I like that as well.
If I were you, I would talk to that Pete dude from liberty on tour before I bought a motorhome he probably has a shitload of good advise.
In Northern Europe camping is a very popular hobby. I like the simpler camper just because they tend to have fewer problems and are easy to fix when they have them.

Here is my German made 2003 Hobby camping trailer.

Photo from the inside. I like them. The stove is under the glass on the left side of the "sink". The refrigerator is mainly propane but functions on grid power when docked. (its under the "stove")

BonerJoe

« Reply #4798 on: February 01, 2012, 03:18:43 PM »

you guys are all cunts

It's a conspiracy against the super-activist and super-mom rising out of jealousy, don't you see?

Bill Brasky

• Emperor of Wisdom
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: February 01, 2012, 04:59:43 PM »

Well, I would.  Honest.  Then, I see this:

[...]good person (even though that person is not a Porcupine)[...]

And it reminds me why I hate people.

I think you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. I'm not trying to say only Porcupines are good people, or something. I'm saying we should be treating everyone here equally, regardless of their affiliation with the FSP. We shouldn't have one set of rules for 'ourselves' and then treat locals like second class citizens. Thats what Mackler is doing, treating a local in a fashion that would not fly if he were a FSPer. And I think other FSPers should oppose FSPers treating locals like this.

No, I'm not misunderstanding what you're saying.  I'm understanding what you're saying perfectly well.

Its an elitist, prejudiced statement, and one of the reasons I decided to never sign up. 

Insert word here:  "He's a pretty good guy for a ......"

I hate that shit.

-----

In other news- I investigated RV's thoroughly.  You're better off following Alaric's advice.  A "bus" style one is bad news.  They're expensive, require special sized tires and all sorts of other uncommon specialty items.  They have internal systems that normal garages will not work on, like the power, water and what-not.

On the other hand, you have the pull-behind kind. 

There are two kinds of tow-trailers.  The "Camper" style, which is square-ish, like a tractor-trailer.  They hook to either a ball hitch, or a square frame hitch (think male-female).

The other is a "fifth wheel".  They have that weird shape that secures into the bed of a pick-up truck with a "tongue". 

Either one is good.  The standard camper is probably cheaper, and you aren't limited to owning a pick-up truck.  You can switch out the vehicle that pulls if it dies, and keep the trailer.  You can unhook to go get groceries and get normal gas mileage.

Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.