Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1306710 times)

alaric89

• View Profile
Re: Dllama in the Free State
« Reply #4560 on: July 07, 2011, 04:16:57 PM »

I hope Ms. Lopez will be OK.

Dennis, did you forget that this is the sandbox for trolls?
Compassion? You'll find more at /b/.
This whole thread is devoted to ridiculing others.

/that said, I feel for Seth and Chris. I hope she doesn't have permanent damage. I heard that the spine wasn't severed, and am waiting with bated breath for updates.
Sometimes things are serious enough where saying negative stuff is in bad taste. However I appreciate the honesty in a way. As big a dick as I think Dennis can be, I never read him wishing harm to any of the "Freak Staters" which has earned him a bit of respect from my end.
As for the "sandbox" thing- the ruthless honesty of this board has a tendency to put forth a collective conclusion on many difficult arguments that predate a lot of libertarian talking heads. My point being, if you are willing to take the occasional whack from a plastic beach spade, this BBS puts one on a correct track. Also even though the board is basically disowned I have heard people on the different podcasts using arguments, points and gags almost verbatim that I noticed on this BBS a couple days earlier.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #4561 on: July 07, 2011, 06:49:40 PM »

Also even though the board is basically disowned I have heard people on the different podcasts using arguments, points and gags almost verbatim that I noticed on this BBS a couple days earlier.

You're welcome. :-P
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4562 on: July 17, 2011, 01:52:02 PM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=5238.msg53940#msg53940

Quote from: ancapagency
I also am generally happy to accept barter, although at this time I am uninterested in any illegal drugs--they are of no use to me, and I don't care to sell them, and I don't know enough to judge quality or market value. 

:lol:

Sounds like a lot of porcs are growing.

Well we can blame good eating for that. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4563 on: July 18, 2011, 08:53:16 PM »

That wouldn't surprise me.  The problem with the black/free market is that you have to find goods that people are looking to buy from non-state sanctioned sources.  Drugs and other illegal and borderline legal goods are pretty much the only thing that I would think to buy from a black market source.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4564 on: July 19, 2011, 04:04:30 AM »

Black market trading will become more possible as more diverse traders come into a given market. As the State gets more and more insane, a back up system will become more vital.

freeAgent

• pwn*
  • FTL AMPlifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4565 on: July 19, 2011, 08:59:52 AM »

Black market trading will become more possible as more diverse traders come into a given market. As the State gets more and more insane, a back up system will become more vital.

Yeah, but right now...not so much.  Has anyone looked at the selection of legal goods on the Silk Road market?  It's pretty much nonexistent.  What does exist (mostly rocks when I looked) is overpriced compared to the non-black market alternatives.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #4566 on: July 19, 2011, 10:06:51 AM »

overpriced compared to the non-black market alternatives.
YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND TEH AGORA!!!
WE QARE USING THEIR OWN SYSTEM AGAINST THEM!!!!

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #4567 on: July 19, 2011, 01:57:35 PM »

I think the whole black market/agorist idea is idiotic. 

There is very little possibility of the black market actually collapsing the the state.  The state doesn't need to control all of the economy.  They just need to control vital sectors of the economy.  You have some countries where the government is stable and firmly in power where the black market is something like 60% of the total economy.  The state tolerated the black market because it provided a release value.  They knew they couldn't provide all the citizen's needs so they looked the other way as people got it from other sources. 

No one is going to take these agorists very seriously either.  They come off as a fly-by-night outfit by trying to sell the crap their kids would at summer camp. 

Also, no one is making money doing this shit.  The only market they have are other people in the liberty movement who are buying this shit more to support the cause than because they are offering a product people want.  How many of these agorists can't even pay their own bills.  They all have to have a legal defense fund when they get arrested for one of their asinine protests. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

BonerJoe

« Reply #4568 on: July 19, 2011, 02:10:14 PM »

Agorism in reality is just tax and license avoidance. You really can't derive huge amounts of income from your activities without coming under suspicion of some government agency. It's just not practical. So in most cases, especially if you decline to transact in US dollars, you're setting yourself up for a limited amount of money coming in.

Having a shitty business idea is still going to lead to failure under Agorism. Some people just don't have the knack. Lots of business ventures flopped at Porc Fest.

But yes, if your idea involves only transacting with people in the liberty movement, it's probably not going to go too well with you. Limited customers, and people are just not willing to spend much money. Mostly because they choose to not make enough money themselves to be customers of your products.

Needless to say, 95% of my income is from general public business activities. The money I make each year from within the liberty movement is a small pittance.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 02:13:48 PM by BonerJoe »

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4569 on: July 19, 2011, 02:42:28 PM »

If some sort of "eat the dog" scenario occurs it would be nice to have a alternative market hidden from idiot authorities to get people by. I never thought of it as activism more like insurance.
I guess organised crime does this sort of thing the best anyway.
I'm still going to do agorism anyway, but I'm going to play both leagel and black like BJ. In Norway many successful black marketeers were imprisoned for having too much money.

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4570 on: July 19, 2011, 04:20:27 PM »

I never thought of it as activism more like insurance.

That's how I've tended to look at it.  The criticisms of current endeavors are pretty accurate.  Mostly it's a case of not so great business plans to begin with and trying to make money strictly from within the liberty movement which just isn't big enough right now to sustain much.  It's economic cannibalism.  No ones going to make any money of note unless they market to outside of liberty activists, and that's going to mean some degree of legitimacy.

I see agorism as having a bigger role, not as activism but simply as survival, as it gets harder and harder to function within the white market and stay profitable, or just nigh impossible to start a new business all while the giants start falling.  I think we're getting there.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303661904576454353768550280.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTTopStories

http://www.businessinsider.com/wynn-ceo-steve-wynn-conference-call-transcript-obama-2011-7

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #4571 on: July 20, 2011, 01:47:33 AM »

Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #4572 on: July 20, 2011, 03:35:27 AM »

Tim should come here instead, he would fit right in.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
« Reply #4573 on: July 20, 2011, 11:07:21 AM »

:(
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #4574 on: July 20, 2011, 11:21:30 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 303 304 [305] 306 307 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.