Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1304111 times)

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3615 on: September 22, 2010, 10:46:37 AM »

You got 2 years more... make plans.
^this

Mark, you doing any volunteer firefighting, or any other volunteer work these days?

What's really funny is that Denis and I think he can win regardless of that handicap.  It's the antipolitical folks naysaying, cause they have such high standards of who is electable and who isn't elect.

Seth,  We should be listening to them.  They have such a great track record of success. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

BonerJoe

« Reply #3616 on: September 22, 2010, 11:40:49 AM »

Dude, they wouldn't even need an ad. It would be nationwide news: "Convicted Murderer and Freestater Runs for Office."

Suggesting Mark does something like this really makes Denis and Seth look more and more like agents provocateurs.

Osborne

• Worshipful Grand Conspirator
    • View Profile
    • Sakal/CAI
« Reply #3617 on: September 22, 2010, 11:59:01 AM »

If the anti-jacking witch lady can win her primary against an ancient incumbent, I think Mark would stand a fine chance running for office.

BonerJoe

« Reply #3618 on: September 22, 2010, 12:02:00 PM »

If the anti-jacking witch lady can win her primary against an ancient incumbent, I think Mark would stand a fine chance running for office.

The whole masturbation thing seemingly only came out after she was elected.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3619 on: September 22, 2010, 02:07:41 PM »

Right, but they would put some crap in the ad like "You dont want a MURDERER elected to public office being around your CHILDREN......................... do you?" - Paid for by so and so statist asshole running against Mark Edgington.
If he's known by hundreds of people in the town as a volunteer firefighter, or as the guy who volunteers at the food pantry, etc, and they already know about his past, then that issue is neutralized, and the attacker comes off as a dick. Really.

OTOH, an otherwise nice, intelligent, friendly guy like Andrew C., who is unfortunately mostly known (rightly or wrongly) for being "part of those pot protests"... well, we saw what happened. Fortunately, Andrew has what it takes to reach out and connect with people over the next 2 years. They won't be able to paint him with that brush again.

We should be listening to them.  They have such a great track record of success. 

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3620 on: September 22, 2010, 03:01:31 PM »

You got 2 years more... make plans.
^this

Mark, you doing any volunteer firefighting, or any other volunteer work these days?

What's really funny is that Denis and I think he can win regardless of that handicap.  It's the antipolitical folks naysaying, cause they have such high standards of who is electable and who isn't elect.

Even if he "has a chance," it practically invites people who hate him and the Free State Project to advertise his past, and I'm not sure that's good for anyone (which is not to say it isn't up to him.)

Right, but they would put some crap in the ad like "You dont want a MURDERER elected to public office being around your CHILDREN......................... do you?" - Paid for by so and so statist asshole running against Mark Edgington.
If he's known by hundreds of people in the town as a volunteer firefighter, or as the guy who volunteers at the food pantry, etc, and they already know about his past, then that issue is neutralized, and the attacker comes off as a dick. Really.

OTOH, an otherwise nice, intelligent, friendly guy like Andrew C., who is unfortunately mostly known (rightly or wrongly) for being "part of those pot protests"... well, we saw what happened. Fortunately, Andrew has what it takes to reach out and connect with people over the next 2 years. They won't be able to paint him with that brush again.

We should be listening to them.  They have such a great track record of success.  

Maybe you didn't intend it, but it sounded kinda like "People will elect a convicted murderer, but they won't elect someone implied to be a pothead protester."

BonerJoe

« Reply #3621 on: September 22, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »

Maybe you didn't intend it, but it sounded kinda like "People will elect a convicted murderer, but they won't elect someone implied to be a pothead protester."

I don't understand what he's getting at either, especially since Mark is involved in FTL and therefore linked to "those evil Keene freak-staters".

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #3622 on: September 22, 2010, 03:12:27 PM »

Look, everything I said about the negative press Mark would get if he ran for office was for HIS possible benefit, not really the FSP. If he wants to run for some office and possibly get his name dragged through the mud, I say go for it. Mark would make a great mayor or congressman in my opinoin. Just be prepared for the onslaught of scumbags that would come out of the woodwork to slander him. If anyone thinks that wouldnt be the case, I'd say they are INCREDIBLY naive to the world of dirty politics. Just my opinion, take it or leave it. Seems just mentioning the idea of the consequences on here  gets some people on the defensive, ie "wtf do they know?"
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

BonerJoe

« Reply #3623 on: September 22, 2010, 03:22:02 PM »

When I run for office, I'll put out my own self-defeating mudslinging ad. LOL.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: September 22, 2010, 03:26:52 PM »

LOLz.  Reminds me of the disclaimer at the beginning of South Park:

Quote from: South Park Disclaimer
ALL CHARACTERS AND EVENTS IN THIS SHOW--EVEN THOSE BASED ON REAL PEOPLE--ARE ENTIRELY FICTIONAL.  ALL CELEBRITY VOICES ARE IMPERSONATED.....POORLY.  THE FOLLOWING PROGRAM CONTAINS COARSE LANGUAGE AND DUE TO ITS CONTENT IT SHOULD NOT BE VIEWED BY ANYONE

Turd Ferguson

• Opportunist Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • https://twitter.com/#!/realmikequick
« Reply #3625 on: September 22, 2010, 03:29:48 PM »

Seriously, when I get out to NH, im gonna run as a full on statist asshat, complete with pro seatbelt legislation, pro-prohibition, pro-property tax increase, anti-freedom nazi. I'll do it in a place like Keene or something similar where that message has the best chance of winning. Then, if I win, my acceptance speech will consist of little more than "HAAA!!! GOTCHA BITCHES!!!! I LIED MY ASS OFF ABOUT EVERYTHING I RAN ON. HAVE FUN DEALING WITH ME FOR THE NEXT 2 YRS!!!"
Some peoples idea of hell is having to mind their own business.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3626 on: September 22, 2010, 03:35:38 PM »

Kinda like how the wheels off liberty people trash  themselves all  thetime?
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BonerJoe

« Reply #3627 on: September 22, 2010, 03:36:49 PM »

Kinda like how the wheels off liberty people trash  themselves all  thetime?

I am inspired, yes.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3628 on: September 22, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »

I don't understand what he's getting at either, especially since Mark is involved in FTL and therefore linked to "those evil Keene freak-staters".

Y'all still are not getting it.
These are not politicians you see on TV ads.
These are people who you know in person.
If I know Mark, because I've worked with him at the animal shelter, or my Aunt Gracie has, or we had a BBQ in Mark's back yard over the summer, or at the festival the town library puts on, or I always see him at the corner store, or at the kids' soccer practice, and so on and on and on... I know him.

Now any negative advertising is pointless.

Contrast: Neither I nor anybody else knows who "Sam Dodson" is. Never seen him at the places listed above. First I hear of him, he's on the front page of the paper in handcuffs.

Any negative information from that point forward, people are disposed to believe.

BonerJoe

« Reply #3629 on: September 22, 2010, 05:31:28 PM »

lol
Pages: 1 ... 240 241 [242] 243 244 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 45 queries.