Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1312779 times)

AntonLee

• The Beast from the East
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #3390 on: August 07, 2010, 02:31:01 PM »

they are terrorists, didn't you see them drinking water out of beer bottles in town meeting.  They were causing quite the disruption!

ForumTroll

« Reply #3391 on: August 07, 2010, 03:32:01 PM »

So, this Ethan guy is a bit of a pedophile?  The FSP definitely doesn't need that PR.

Ethan is not involved with the FSP in any way.  He is not a participant, a friend or anything.  He doesn't agree with the statement of intent and is not about the FSP.  He doesn't even morally think he is able to join the FSP.

He is a self-proclaimed anarchist.  I have no idea if he is a pedophile but even if that was true, I highly doubt it would hurt the overall view of anarchists in the minds of the general population.  And anyway, nothing in that thread of now mentions anything at all that is 100% sexual.  Anarchists are only a step above terrorists.  Anyone that actually calls themselves an anarchist, holds signs calling cops thugs and so on likely has many public relations issues.

Not all anarchists are only a step above terrorists.  I'm one of those so called anarchists, and you don't see me running around and wanting to blow things up or acting like these civil disobedience fools doing what they are doing and getting themselves arrested. I guess that's the difference between the leftist anarchists and the anarcho capitalists is that the anarcho capitalists don;t want to destroy things.  We just want to be left alone.

Keith is saying that the word has a negative connotation to it, and a better choice would be wise.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #3392 on: August 07, 2010, 04:27:20 PM »

Not all anarchists are only a step above terrorists.  I'm one of those so called anarchists
Hear, hear, and... me too!
I call myself an anarchist, in public and on TV, all the time. The key is, I do it while wearing a suit, while having a respectful conversation where I *listen* to what the other person is saying, and I do my level best to be as reasonable, rational, and knowledgeable as possible.
I call myself an anarchist in front of nice ladies on the town recycling committee... and they like me, and tell me they lean anarchist too.
I called myself an anarchist in front of every single one of the major-party candidates for US House of Representatives and most of the major-party candidates for US Senate. At least one of them will be a Senator or Congresscritter in 6 months' time, and they will know that they have at least mildly influential constituents at home who are anarchists.

Secession, anarcocapitalism... I am bringing these ideas into the maintream political discourse in NH.

It's all about presenting yourself with dignity, and respecting the opinions of people who disagree with you.

Basically, just do the opposite of the Freak-staters in Keene, and you find yourself winning hearts and minds.

ForumTroll

« Reply #3393 on: August 07, 2010, 04:33:36 PM »

Basically, just do the opposite of the Freak-staters in Keene, and you find yourself winning hearts and minds.

Denis, the name calling, please.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: August 07, 2010, 04:37:02 PM »

Not all anarchists are only a step above terrorists.  I'm one of those so called anarchists
Hear, hear, and... me too!
I call myself an anarchist, in public and on TV, all the time. The key is, I do it while wearing a suit, while having a respectful conversation where I *listen* to what the other person is saying, and I do my level best to be as reasonable, rational, and knowledgeable as possible.

This works for me too. 

Now if you could avoid shitting all over other people for their choices of activism.  Criticism is one thing, and I've been critical of the last few stunts, which were obviously counterproductive to their own purposes.

Yet, making enemies of people who agree with them does nothing to persuade--something you seem proud of doing.  Additionally, not everyone is best persuaded in a suit and tie so your pride in that is just silly.  The type and level of candor and the wardrobe should fit the occasion, which is not always dictionary definitions and a suit and tie.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: August 07, 2010, 04:37:24 PM »

Ha!  Beat me to it while I was being long-winded!

ForumTroll

« Reply #3396 on: August 07, 2010, 04:40:20 PM »

Ha!  Beat me to it while I was being long-winded!

Offer constructive criticism, which is what I tried to do.

Calling someone a "freakstater" is a juvenile move.

Yes, BonerJoe is actually calling something childish.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3397 on: August 07, 2010, 04:52:16 PM »

I think I've said at least twice before, you're impressing me.  I might even go so far as to use the term "influencing."

AntonLee

• The Beast from the East
    • View Profile
« Reply #3398 on: August 07, 2010, 06:08:47 PM »

I like the name Freakstater.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #3399 on: August 07, 2010, 06:08:58 PM »

What do you think he should call the group of people he's specifying?

I think Keeniacs is less offensive, but not everyone is from Keene.  I guess a bunch are from Manch, and whatever else is between the two points, right?

Ianites has a nice ring to it.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: August 07, 2010, 06:35:29 PM »

I think Keeniacs is less offensive, but not everyone is from Keene.  I guess a bunch are from Manch, and whatever else is between the two points, right?

Aren't they all associated with Free Keene, thus Free Keeners?

Ianites is just mean--goes right to the "cult" thing.  Are we all going to have to earn our "cred" by disagreeing with some things Ian goes for?  (Not that I haven't, several times, some strenuously.)

theodorelogan

• View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: August 07, 2010, 07:42:56 PM »

Dennis,

You're out there telling people that we should be free to do as we please...and yet you have so much rage inside about what other people DO WITH THAT FREEDOM.

It's easier to convince people of something if you act like you believe it yourself.  It doesn't seem to me like you are at all ready for a free society.  In a free society, not everyone will wear a suit and tie...it doesn't seem like you are ready to deal with that.  Try to have the same love and compassion for people that we need people who believe in the state to have.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 07:50:53 PM by theodorelogan »
Go figure...

RAD!

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: August 07, 2010, 07:51:07 PM »

I would strongly suggest Denis not get into the habit of using the term "Freak Stater."

Since the more he uses it, the more likely people are going to hear it and use it.  Who knows what people they may be?  Pretty soon, "Freak Stater" will become a moniker for signatories of the Free State Project as a whole, in addition to anyone loosely connect to the Free State Project and/or liberty in general.  Then the fun he's having at the expense of others will be had at his expense and the expense of people he respects and agrees with.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #3403 on: August 07, 2010, 08:09:39 PM »

Aren't they all associated with Free Keene, thus Free Keeners?

Ianites is just mean--goes right to the "cult" thing.  Are we all going to have to earn our "cred" by disagreeing with some things Ian goes for?  (Not that I haven't, several times, some strenuously.)

I dunno.  I suppose a lot of them probably are.  Phonetically, thats not a far stretch to Freak Keeners.  

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: August 07, 2010, 08:52:56 PM »

Dennis,

You're out there telling people that we should be free to do as we please...and yet you have so much rage inside about what other people DO WITH THAT FREEDOM.

It's easier to convince people of something if you act like you believe it yourself.  It doesn't seem to me like you are at all ready for a free society.  In a free society, not everyone will wear a suit and tie...it doesn't seem like you are ready to deal with that.  Try to have the same love and compassion for people that we need people who believe in the state to have.

I agree.

I think a lot of folks think they are but aren't.  I've commented on that a couple of times.  Maybe none of us really is, yet.  Maybe we have to mature a bit. (I'm serious.)
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.