Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1304342 times)

FTL_Mark

• I'm a Moderator now, but I don't want to hear your whining!
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #2445 on: November 06, 2009, 02:29:32 PM »

Business owners need to decide what is good for their business. If the Keen crowd called them and said hey we'd like to have a weekly get together on such and such day.....that's one thing. If a bunch show up and eat and drink and tip every week....that's another.....but if people are just showing up and hanging out with some people who are eating and drinking and tipping.....well, that's completely different thing.

Just like Taproom - who is going to go and have dinner and drinks there on a Tuesday unless you're looking to hang out with the freestaters? I was there after the polls on Tuesday and I didn't see all that much eating and drinking going on - more like space occupying. I know many of the servers hate working Tuesday nights because they get crap in tips.

I can't imagine that was going on at Vendettas. I certainly never noticed it. And it isn't like Sundays are busy days in Keene. and there are no servers at Fritz's.
No one has conjectured that I could quite possibly be a Libertarian posing as an Anarchist trying to pretend to still be a Libertarian; or what I like to call an Anarcho-Hustler.

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #2446 on: November 06, 2009, 03:25:48 PM »

Even if there are no servers....people still need to all be buying food or drink.....otherwise they are just taking up space

Changed My Mind

« Reply #2447 on: November 06, 2009, 03:47:40 PM »

Even if there are no servers....people still need to all be buying food or drink.....otherwise they are just taking up space

that is for the business owner to decide.  You have to weigh the business as it comes in on a Sunday.  If 3 people come and pay for food on a given sunday. . .great you have 3 people eating and spending money.  If you have 10 people who come and 5 of them pay for food on a given Sunday, you've made more money than you otherwise would have.

Some people just don't like to have money at all.  This lady at Fritz is pushing away business.  Who needs money?  She doesn't, her husbund is a hack he makes plenty.

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #2448 on: November 06, 2009, 03:59:10 PM »

yes - it is up to the business and she seems to not want the business. I'm just making people try and think about the impact that ANY group gathering in a restaurant can have on their business. The sports league at Murphy's might keep poeple away, too......or a religious group, etc. The difference I see is that the sports league is owned by Murphy - so their fees go to him anyway - and they are all drinking beers.....not just hanging out.

blackie

« Reply #2449 on: November 06, 2009, 04:00:07 PM »

I think the Keeners should do a candle light vigil in front of Fritz while wearing V masks and smoking dope.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2450 on: November 06, 2009, 04:02:44 PM »

Some people just don't like to have money at all.  This lady at Fritz is pushing away business. 
Maybe it's worth the profit on 5 meals to get a bunch of obnoxious, undesirable people out of her business.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2451 on: November 06, 2009, 04:43:29 PM »

Hmmm... the place where I work gets such crappy business during the winter that if ten people came in and two ordered food we'd be happy. Its not just the fact that they are buying that specific time, its that they aren't tourists or people passing through, they are regulars. Regulars are one of if not THE most important aspect to running a successful restaurant. Exclusions exist (i.e. truck stops) but in the end if she did actually need regular business then come January she would be quite regretful. Why did she write the letter anyway? Wouldn't it be easier to go out to the customers and ask that they make more purchases instead of being passive-aggressive and go behind their backs.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

blackie

« Reply #2452 on: November 06, 2009, 04:48:49 PM »

Maybe she is afraid her place will be seen as a "free stater" restaurant, and that will drive away some of the regulars.

Changed My Mind

« Reply #2453 on: November 06, 2009, 05:39:01 PM »

Some people just don't like to have money at all.  This lady at Fritz is pushing away business. 
Maybe it's worth the profit on 5 meals to get a bunch of obnoxious, undesirable people out of her business.

why would she worry about that, you don't go there at all.  Money talks, the guy at Vendetta disliked when I didn't order alcoholic drinks but he sure liked the tips I gave him because he opened his place up to peaceful people gathering at his establishment.   Maybe they could make money in other ways.  You could show up and let people spit on you.  Then your voice can get high like a little girl.  It'll be great fun.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2454 on: November 07, 2009, 07:56:37 AM »

she might be suffering from red team/blue team mentality
It's more accurate in this case to call it the "good neighbors/carpetbagging flatlanders" mentality

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #2455 on: November 07, 2009, 07:59:05 AM »

she might be suffering from red team/blue team mentality
It's more accurate in this case to call it the "good neighbors/carpetbagging flatlanders" mentality
^ this

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #2456 on: November 07, 2009, 03:12:58 PM »

Well it seems like people in Keene are starting to label you all as them assholes.  Congratulations.  You are doing such a great social service out there.  Charities wants nothing to do with you.  Restaurants are starting to want nothing to do with you.  Maybe we are starting to see ostracism at work. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

BonerJoe

« Reply #2457 on: November 07, 2009, 06:47:28 PM »

Well it seems like people in Keene are starting to label you all as them assholes.  Congratulations.  You are doing such a great social service out there.  Charities wants nothing to do with you.  Restaurants are starting to want nothing to do with you.  Maybe we are starting to see ostracism at work. 

Do you really think that's not going to happen as more Freestaters move and start to practice what they believe in other parts of the state?

The notion that we're supposed to appease statists so that we look good is retarded.

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #2458 on: November 07, 2009, 09:03:45 PM »

Do you really think that's not going to happen as more Freestaters move and start to practice what they believe in other parts of the state?

The notion that we're supposed to appease statists so that we look good is retarded.

When did Evil Muppet say appease statists? He was talking about restaurants and charities not wanting anything to do with the Keene crowd.

I know SO many freestaters that are welcomed and appreciated by members of their community....and they're likely accomplishing more towards the goal of liberty in our lifetime than not. People don't have to shed their beliefs in order to be nice to other members of the community. I think working to show people a better way is better than shoving it down their throats or being all in their face about it.

BonerJoe

« Reply #2459 on: November 07, 2009, 09:19:38 PM »

I think working to show people a better way is better than shoving it down their throats or being all in their face about it.

It's been working for force initiators since civilization began. Why can't people who don't initiate force do the same?

Oh, that's right, you're into The Political Way. Sorry I bothered.
Pages: 1 ... 162 163 [164] 165 166 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.105 seconds with 31 queries.