Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1313467 times)

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #2280 on: October 05, 2009, 11:32:48 AM »

I'd have a slight change of political strategy. 

I would first make it known that if the swing votes do not vote to override the veto, they will have a very tough time getting elected to any office.   As I understand it, the reason they might not vote for this is fear of their upcoming elections for other offices.   

I would then make it known that if they do not vote for this one now, the one that will get put into law will be far more radical.
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

NHArticleTen

« Reply #2281 on: October 05, 2009, 11:38:29 AM »

there oughta be a law...

RAD

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: October 05, 2009, 02:17:34 PM »

I'd have a slight change of political strategy. 

I would first make it known that if the swing votes do not vote to override the veto, they will have a very tough time getting elected to any office.   As I understand it, the reason they might not vote for this is fear of their upcoming elections for other offices.   

I would then make it known that if they do not vote for this one now, the one that will get put into law will be far more radical.

Except that is medical can't get passed into law, I highly doubt a decrim bill will.

The 420 crowd might be making some sort of message but I agree that it would have been nice to have not undermined what someone else is trying to accomplish - that will actually help sick and dying patients. I would say that the park is not the appropriate place either....they should be on the state house steps.....not someplace where someone might want to bring their kids to play.

thescoop

• View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: October 05, 2009, 02:25:02 PM »

So where do you stand on the issue thescoop?

I celebrate recreational usage, but don't use it myself.

are you with the 4:20 or are you with the veto?
I don't see why it has to be either or. I'm the treasurer of NH Common Sense, so obviously I think that the veto override is right now the top priority. The most important thing right now is making sure that those who need to use marijuana due to chronic illness have access to it.
If we were working towards a decrim bill, then I think the 4:20 protests would be more on target: they would raise awareness and help some normalize marijuana usage. At the moment, they really aren't doing much to help medical marijuana and are probably going to make it much more difficult to get a senator to change his or her vote. It's also 100% guaranteed that the 4:20 protests aren't going cause the end of marijuana prohibition. So, it seems to me at the moment that the only thing they're going to accomplish is putting a few people in jail.

I'm beginning to wonder if they have imprisonment punchards in Keene: After 10 arrests, you get your own pair of custom handcuffs?

You politickers will just never understand that some people will choose to live free or die no matter if they have the permission from nanny government or not.
And their well within their rights. They can do what they want. But if what they do is against the law, then they're going to be arrested. Some would say being arrested makes it mighty hard to live free. I would say that if you have silly laws, it makes sense to change or get rid of the law instead of continuously breaking it and hope you don't get arrested.

I think it's sad that you'd blame people like Dale if the veto override didn't happen, instead of the evil people making the laws to begin with.
Never said I'd blame Dale; the only thing I said is that the 420 protest are going  to make it more difficult to make the veto override happen and it'd be nice if they'd wait til after the veto override to protest for decrim.

I have to say I am curious as to what the other points in "Matt's Ultimatum" were. Dale only quoted point number 1.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2284 on: October 05, 2009, 04:08:38 PM »

Hmmm. If you were friends with this Matt dude and saw that he ditched a friend based on his political actions...I wonder if it would make you wonder if your own friendship with him is as strong as previously thought.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

One two three

• View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: October 05, 2009, 05:37:30 PM »

...not someplace where someone might want to bring their kids to play.

It's an historic Park.  Kids could play with a bench or closed down fountain.  It doesn't have a jungle gym or anything.  Anyway, people do bring their kids to pay, even at 4:20 p.m.
Why New Hampshire?  Learn why 1000s of liberty activists are planning to move to NH.  See the debate in page after page of forum messages, http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?124976-101-Reasons-to-move-to-New-Hampshire

thescoop

• View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: October 05, 2009, 05:53:22 PM »

Hmmm. If you were friends with this Matt dude and saw that he ditched a friend based on his political actions...I wonder if it would make you wonder if your own friendship with him is as strong as previously thought.
I was gonna add, if this is the sort of little thing that ruins your friendship withsome one then your friendship might not have been all that great in the first place, but I don't really think Matt and Dale were all that "tight" anyway.

And any real friend of Matt's would understand how important this bill passing is to him and how hard he has worked on it and would not do anything that might hurt its passage.

blackie

« Reply #2287 on: October 05, 2009, 08:45:50 PM »

And any real friend of Matt's would understand how important this bill passing is to him and how hard he has worked on it and would not do anything that might hurt its passage.
And that Matt is a dick.

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=19264.0
Okay, Rocketman is back on NHFree to make a few comments...

I am not, as some might expect, going to scream and yell and issue a cease-and-desist order.  I am just going to state a few facts, and I'm going to make two simple requests.

(1) The patients who have been advocating all year for HB 648 are furious that this is happening, considering that the final vote on the medical marijuana bill is coming up Oct. 28.  Some want to come down and get in your faces, and some probably will if you don't stop.  Interesting choice of enemies, isn't it?

(2) Thousands of man-hours and many thousands of dollars have been spent in NH this year to try and pass a law that would protect these patients.  Unlike the 420 protesters, many of these people are elderly and don't have access to marijuana. 

(3) I recognize that some people here don't give a shit if the bill passes or fails... that they've said as much... that in fact, some people here actually want activists like me to fail, so new activists will not be attracted to inside-the-system activism.

(4) I also recognize that some of the 420 protesters had no idea their efforts might interfere with the medical marijuana effort, and that they are truly sorry.  (It's okay guys, I don't blame you for getting caught up in the publicity wave.)

(5) Some of you might insist that these protests have no relevance to the medical marijuana effort.  Well, perception is everything in politics, and here's the perception that made its way into today's Union-Leader:

http://unionleader.com/columns.aspx/Opinion?channel=7c9a9ec6-5e82-421b-bbe7-a01f2b796103
One wild card for the day is the marijuana bill, not so much for how it will turn out, but who will turn out. Since the veto, the center of Keene went into a blue haze over the past couple of weeks over a proposed local decriminalization ordinance. A lot of the people passing the pipe in Keene are students who could easily decide to visit Concord on Oct. 28 just to make a point.

Cancer patients and their families who backed the bill are a dedicated lot who have been on hand for key votes before, and are angry over the veto and could also turn out.

MY REQUESTS:

(1) If you continue to smoke pot and celebrate recreational pot use in public between now and Oct. 28, please don't ever speak to me again as if you are my friend, and please un-friend me if you are my Facebook friend.  I can respect individuals with differing ideologies and different strategies for achieving liberty, but if you don't have any respect for what these patients are fighting for (i.e. their lives), then you are just an asshole.  After Oct. 28, do whatever you think makes sense. 

(Again, this is not a cease-and-desist order -- I just want to know who my friends are.)

(2) There will be a rally at the state house Oct. 28 for patients, legislators, and supporters.  If anybody tries to hijack this event with a mixed message, that person will be crowned "Asshole of the Year."

Changed My Mind

« Reply #2288 on: October 05, 2009, 10:09:25 PM »

...not someplace where someone might want to bring their kids to play.

It's an historic Park.  Kids could play with a bench or closed down fountain.  It doesn't have a jungle gym or anything.  Anyway, people do bring their kids to pay, even at 4:20 p.m.

right, like the fucking kids are going to grow a third arm.  Civil war statues and other military fellatio, just fine. . . someone smoking weed. . . oh noes.

stfu.  Take your kids to Chuck E. Cheese you cheap piece of shit.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #2289 on: October 06, 2009, 12:53:09 AM »

Its a public park so the inconvenience factor is utter BS.

As to the politicians who are changing their votes based on the activism? I bet they were just absolutely looking for an excuse, and now they found a suitable one.  I say onward ho!  This is having a significant effect, and if you stop now it may not be so easy to start again.

Keep up the good work!
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2290 on: October 06, 2009, 10:22:47 AM »

Well, Kurt is good for drama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Iq7UrdN2o
Are you kidding me? Sam was way more dramatic in the video above

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #2291 on: October 06, 2009, 10:31:45 AM »

I have to say I am curious as to what the other points in "Matt's Ultimatum" were.
Big drama on NHUnderground.
http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=19264.0
More drama in the above link than you can shake a joint at!

There's a reason I deleted my account there over a year ago... I hope more people will join me, then we will truly be Free  8)

blackie

« Reply #2292 on: October 06, 2009, 11:15:53 AM »

Well, Kurt is good for drama.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_Iq7UrdN2o
Are you kidding me? Sam was way more dramatic in the video above
Sam is a bit of a drama queen.

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: October 06, 2009, 11:29:15 AM »

Its a public park so the inconvenience factor is utter BS.

As to the politicians who are changing their votes based on the activism? I bet they were just absolutely looking for an excuse, and now they found a suitable one.  I say onward ho!  This is having a significant effect, and if you stop now it may not be so easy to start again.

an effect doing what?  What has it changed?   Not a damn thing. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

Dewars

• View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: October 06, 2009, 12:01:57 PM »

There's a reason I deleted my account there over a year ago... I hope more people will join me, then we will truly be Free  8)

Posted on the nhunderground.com forum:

Russell Kanning wrote:

we don't let people delete their accounts anymore, so we can read the posts and search for stuff
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 31 queries.