Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 337   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State  (Read 1312635 times)

BonerJoe

Re: Drama in the Free State
« Reply #1935 on: August 18, 2009, 04:26:11 PM »

Jesse showed up at Social Sundays with some girl that works at the restaurant down the street. And told us he and she "sorta have something going."

That could mean anything.

Not too dramatic I know.
Do Sam and Meg "sorta have something going"?

Can't say for sure... but...
http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=1230.0

This isn't drama. You fail.

thescoop

• View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: August 19, 2009, 08:41:47 PM »

I have drama. The people living down the hall from me are white supremecists and they were having a party. My husband saw them all out there with a lot of tattos consisting of iron crosses and other such things. They were also drinking a lot of Coors light....

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1937 on: August 19, 2009, 08:45:21 PM »

blackie

« Reply #1938 on: August 19, 2009, 09:05:22 PM »

Little Minnesota

theFuck?
http://porcmanor.com/residence/little_minnesota

Who gives a fuck? Is this what passes for drama now? So he must have a room available at least.
I live at lil Minn and there is definitely a room available here. Not sure for how long though, the auction is this Tuesday. Then who knows if we'll get a grace period.
Someone needs to post updates on this.

I'd like to know how the auction goes, and if the people living there wait to get evicted.
What is happening with this Porc Manor?

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: August 19, 2009, 09:27:02 PM »

Nothing is happening at Porc Manor.  There has been nothing going on for months here.  The most exciting thing was Daniel cleaning out the fridge. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

blackie

« Reply #1940 on: August 19, 2009, 09:37:31 PM »

Nothing is happening at Porc Manor.  There has been nothing going on for months here.  The most exciting thing was Daniel cleaning out the fridge. 
So the auction didn't happen on Tuesday?

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: August 20, 2009, 06:49:53 AM »

Evil Muppet is talking about a different PM - I heard that the auction happened but no buyers showed up.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #1942 on: August 20, 2009, 11:56:20 AM »

Evil Muppet is talking about a different PM - I heard that the auction happened but no buyers showed up.
Cool. Real estate market has a long ways to go down. Plenty of investment opportunities coming up for those who can hold on for another year or two

BonerJoe

« Reply #1943 on: August 20, 2009, 02:13:46 PM »

I heard that the auction happened but no buyers showed up.

That's because the opening bid is what is owed on the current loan. Probably more than it's worth in the current market. If there are no bids, the ownership is still given to the loan company. They can tell you to GTFO.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1944 on: August 20, 2009, 08:06:56 PM »

Cool. Real estate market has a long ways to go down. Plenty of investment opportunities coming up for those who can hold on for another year or two

Re: a year or two..

This ridiculously cheap, fire-sale glut isn't gonna happen.  Deals, yes, there are always deals.  Barring a complete socio-economic meltdown, these guys have learned to reshuffle the detritus of their recklessness.  Institutional paper has become a commodity.  The banks that still have bad bottom lines at this point are manageable, though maybe wounded institutions.  The next impending wave of this correction is merger and acquisition.  During M+A periods of activity, which always come after a big shitflop like we experienced, the paper is farmed out to other banks for cash with points shaved (pulling their bad debt down to tolerable levels and raising their cash balance), or it goes along with the merger as a part of their holdings, if the Alpha bank can afford that debt within their acceptable ratio without tipping into the red. 

Coinciding with this is an expected period of stagflation or deflation, depending on the actual numbers to define which one.  (kinda like how people still argue if we're in a recession or a depression)  The dollar has bottomed, and metal commodities are beginning to fall - China is experiencing a glut of warehoused production and is slowing in its stockpiling efforts, which increases the supply side and lowers commodities cost.  As the dollar gains strength and stabilizes, gold is falling, requiring less dollars to buy an equivalent ounce.  This causes selling pressure on gold, furthering its decline.  This wave could take a really long time, I've seen some estimates that go out as far as 2017.  That would include our impending correction, in the next few months, a long slow uphill period of bull market for about 6+ years, ending in your fatal Black Swan.

Assuming, of course, we ever get into the Bullish phase, ever. 

--

Sorry y'all, back to your regularly scheduled drama...

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #1945 on: August 20, 2009, 09:11:44 PM »

Barring a complete socio-economic meltdown
Define "complete"

I am planning not for the end of society, but rather for the collapse of the USD, ~20% unemployment, massive inflation, state budgets going to nearly zilch, religious charities setting up soup kitchens, a(nother) major war to take peoples' minds off their troubles (no idea against who), possibly some states splitting off from the USA after a few years of such.

The next impending wave of this correction is merger and acquisition.
No. This one is different. M+A's require big capital investments that nobody but the very very biggest behemoths want to make.
So a few blue chips and mammoths sitting on mountains of cash (like, say, MSFT and ORCL, ahem) will do a lot of eating. But not enough to impact the wider economy.

if the Alpha bank can afford that debt within their acceptable ratio without tipping into the red.
Which are these banks you are referring to, with plenty of cash and looking for good risk to invest in? I'm not seeing it.

Coinciding with this is an expected period of stagflation or deflation, depending on the actual numbers to define which one.
Bernanke will never allow deflation, at any cost.
Stagflation -- sure. You bet. But not tame like the late-70s-early-80s.StagReallyBigFlation, maybe StagHyperFlation.

The dollar has bottomed
I am literally betting my life savings it has a lot farther to fall.

, and metal commodities are beginning to fall - China is experiencing a glut of warehoused production and is slowing in its stockpiling efforts, which increases the supply side and lowers commodities cost.  As the dollar gains strength and stabilizes, gold is falling, requiring less dollars to buy an equivalent ounce.  This causes selling pressure on gold, furthering its decline.  This wave could take a really long time, I've seen some estimates that go out as far as 2017.  That would include our impending correction, in the next few months, a long slow uphill period of bull market for about 6+ years, ending in your fatal Black Swan.

Last sentence is the key.
Any fall in gold (or, more usefully, silver) is a very temporary buying opportunity.
The uphill is more like 6-18 months, not 6 years.

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: August 22, 2009, 10:29:02 AM »

Hey - this a drama thread.....none of this serious talk please!

ny2nh

• View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: August 23, 2009, 07:49:57 PM »

Supposedly Cassidy got arrested for being topless in Keene. Some say it was more of a drunken dare than a protest. That's a shocker.

thescoop

• View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: August 23, 2009, 08:54:49 PM »

Whoa. Intelligent discussion in drama thread...now that's dramatic!
There are already pretty good deals out there on the market. Hopefully they'll get better!

Bill Brasky

« Reply #1949 on: August 23, 2009, 08:59:33 PM »

Barring a complete socio-economic meltdown
Define "complete"

I am planning not for the end of society, but rather for the collapse of the USD, ~20% unemployment, massive inflation, state budgets going to nearly zilch, religious charities setting up soup kitchens, a(nother) major war to take peoples' minds off their troubles (no idea against who), possibly some states splitting off from the USA after a few years of such.

The next impending wave of this correction is merger and acquisition.
No. This one is different. M+A's require big capital investments that nobody but the very very biggest behemoths want to make.
So a few blue chips and mammoths sitting on mountains of cash (like, say, MSFT and ORCL, ahem) will do a lot of eating. But not enough to impact the wider economy.

if the Alpha bank can afford that debt within their acceptable ratio without tipping into the red.
Which are these banks you are referring to, with plenty of cash and looking for good risk to invest in? I'm not seeing it.

Coinciding with this is an expected period of stagflation or deflation, depending on the actual numbers to define which one.
Bernanke will never allow deflation, at any cost.
Stagflation -- sure. You bet. But not tame like the late-70s-early-80s.StagReallyBigFlation, maybe StagHyperFlation.

The dollar has bottomed
I am literally betting my life savings it has a lot farther to fall.

, and metal commodities are beginning to fall - China is experiencing a glut of warehoused production and is slowing in its stockpiling efforts, which increases the supply side and lowers commodities cost.  As the dollar gains strength and stabilizes, gold is falling, requiring less dollars to buy an equivalent ounce.  This causes selling pressure on gold, furthering its decline.  This wave could take a really long time, I've seen some estimates that go out as far as 2017.  That would include our impending correction, in the next few months, a long slow uphill period of bull market for about 6+ years, ending in your fatal Black Swan.

Last sentence is the key.
Any fall in gold (or, more usefully, silver) is a very temporary buying opportunity.
The uphill is more like 6-18 months, not 6 years.

Its all about the banks, Denis.  And energy. 

M$ and ORCL, they'll do whatever they do. 

The banks were already arguably solvent in many cases, many could have earned their way out of the mess or been absorbed.  Instead, they were artificially primed with a trillion in liquidity.  Thats where the M+A activity will come from, banks.  Goldman, Wells, BofA, JPM, and a bunch of stimulated regional leaders are all poised to absorb a fuck-ton of minor-leaguers, who also took a bunch of bail-out juice.  This will create a whole new financial landscape in the next decade.  These guys are gonna be rock-fuckin'-solid for a long time to come. 

This 6(lol) to 18 month thing is a pipe dream, it is nothing but grim determination on your part to believe what you already believe. 

This is, in my estimation, a bear market correction.  Not a bull market.  Bear markets don't mean death, they are a phase of the economic environment.  This whole thing was a reaction to the emerging markets surge in conjunction with the mortgage/debt bubble.  Simultaneous, severe blows which occurred when we were peaking on a long, sustained bull rally.  Bear markets usually begin before the top, this started two years ago.  Now, we're fully bearish, and this is a correction up.  It will resume and bottom again.  (but not as deep) 

Thats where your bull phase will begin.  When all the water in the pool finally stops sloshing around.  Maybe a year from now, something like that.  And they take a while to run.  Thats where the energy comes in.  As we slowly untangle ourselves from foreign oil dependence, domestic green shit will grind to life.  Every year, more green cars are sold.  More solar comes on line.  More wind comes on line.  Less oil money leaves our shores.  Percent by percent, we grow.  This impacts tech, industry, and a lot of home-grown builders who were beat down in the housing fuckup.  Domestic, domestic, domestic.  Banks at the ready to loan against profit and recovery. 

Why do you think gold stalled?  I just told ya, bears begin a while before bullishness is fully complete.  Gold is a contrarian indicator of the economy, you know that.  And its well known that gold works in concert with oil.  We may see the death throwes of oil in the next few years, and gold will follow.  As oil demand wanes, price will spike to keep the profit rolling as a constant.  Them arabs want their trillion bucks next year, too.  So that'll probably make gold flirt with highs again.  But I wouldn't start growing horns on gold, that'd be a mistake. 

I think I've made it abundantly clear, I wish you nothing but the best of success, I would gladly shake your hand and toast your profit.  In fact, I look forward to it.  But I think it'll take a while longer than the next two-three years to play out. 
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 337   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Unofficial History of Drama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 31 queries.