Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does FTL Support NAMBLA
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Does FTL Support NAMBLA  (Read 12798 times)

Ecolitan

• View Profile
Re: Does FTL Support NAMBLA
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2010, 05:54:29 PM »

I have a ten year old kid who still believes in Santa claus

In my world that's worst than a ten year old kid who gives blow jobs.  You are a BAD parent.

davann

« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2010, 05:59:33 PM »

In my world that's worst than a ten year old kid who gives blow jobs.  You are a BAD parent.

There really ought to be a law. That is sick. Some serious parenting fail.

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »

Wow, that is fucked up.

Indeedy. I'm of the opinion that a parent is only a Temporary Regent of their offspring and once they reach the age of 13, they have reached their Majority and can make their own decisions. That includes being able to have sex.
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

bibble

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2010, 10:47:32 PM »

Brooklland,

So 13  is the age?

Where did this arbitrary number come into play...

You better watch what you say on this board or you will be labeled as a bad parent.

What happens if your child (not that you have one) is 10 and wants to challenge your views on the age of majority?

Really guys, having a child hold a belief out that there is a santa claus is a bad thing?

Is it any different than other beliefs which will never happen.......Like a Libertarian President

The problem with you Extreme Libertarians is that you want to fight every single battle at the same time.  If you are always having to defend your positions against some stupid ass NAMBLA question what hopes do you ever have of being main stream?  Or at least getting some of the Agenda passed....Less Government, More Freedom, less taxes.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2010, 10:59:35 PM »

There is no such thing as an extreme libertarian.  The people you are debasing are principled libertarians.  Just because a bunch of ex-Republicans take over the Libertarian party and try to redefine libertarian, doesn't mean principled libertarians became "extreme."

Until you learn what principles are and why they're important, you'll remain just as much an intellectual serf as you are physically a serf.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2010, 11:01:34 PM »

If I ever had kids (which I do not plan on at all) I would teach them about Santa and God(s), but I would at the exact same time tell them how they are just stories and not real at all. If I didn't teach them about these things they would face some trouble dealing with the fact that many other people worship these characters.  I know they are fairy tales, so I see no reason to lie to my kid about them.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2010, 11:04:55 PM »

I think age 18 is roughly the age at which I would consider tossing my kid out of the house. However, I submit the following as a moral guideline. The age at which my child can think for his/her self and take full responsibility for his/her actions is the appropriate age for emancipation. Until the day my child proves himself/herself capable, one would be ill advised to make sexual advances. Any offspring of mine are under my protection until they have eschewed it.

Laws cloud these standards. They attempt to fit the complexity of individual maturity into a one-size-fits-all simplicity.
"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Brooklyn Red Leg

• The Red Legged Devil
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2010, 11:27:05 PM »

Where did this arbitrary number come into play...

By the age of 13, the overwhelming number of human beings have already undergone or are undergoing puberty. Once someone has done that, they are physically all but indistinguishable from an 'adult'. They're just small adults, but adults nonetheless. They can and DO have offspring by that age (and even before). The fact that most 13 year old's in the united States cannot functionally behave as adults is because of

1.) Their parents have not done anything to prepare them for BEING adults

2.) The education and psychology establishments have so muddied the waters by fucking things up with regards to the fiction called 'adolescence'

3.) The government, in a great case of The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions, made up the fictional 'Statutory Rape' as well as making a whole host of laws that are completely and totally nonsensical vis-a-vis working age etc.

You better watch what you say on this board or you will be labeled as a bad parent.

Don't have kids. Not sure if I even want kids even if I had the opportunity.

What happens if your child (not that you have one) is 10 and wants to challenge your views on the age of majority?

I'll cross the bridge when/if I come to it and it will be determined on whether or not said 10-yr old has undergone or is undergoing puberty.
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Er_Murazor's KoLWiki Page

ForumTroll

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2010, 12:39:57 AM »

I wonder if this is an old troll or a new one?

Bill Brasky

« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2010, 12:58:45 AM »

Preliminary analysis concludes noob, numerical data is not replicated in other quadrants commander. 

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2010, 01:05:35 AM »

The results are agreed upon based on my calculations and observations.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

ForumTroll

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2010, 01:10:51 AM »

Preliminary analysis concludes noob, numerical data is not replicated in other quadrants commander. 

Tea, Earl Gray, hot.

Bill Brasky

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2010, 01:29:33 AM »

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2010, 01:33:52 AM »

There's a big difference between supporting a behavior and not supporting a coercive monopoly agency that steals money from innocent people to pay armed goons to shoot people for that behavior.

This. :)

Does FTL Support NAMBLA?

One of NAMBLAs specific issues is pressing that adult-child sex is a CRUCIAL part of proper development. I think that's complete and total bullshit.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

cavalier973

• You can't take the sky from me
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2010, 02:06:12 AM »

In the improbable case of a set of parents willingly allowing their 10 year old child to be sexually exploited, social ostracization would possibly remedy their poor decision regarding their child much more quickly than some government law.  Besides, relying on government to "rescue" the child would hardly be an improvement, since the government would practice its own version of molestation on the child.

I live in a society in which people consider government to be necessary, and I understand the emotional appeal of having the government set up laws to apprehend and punish child molesters; they violate the rights of the innocent and defenseless, which makes their activity particularly abhorrent.  With this in mind, punishing child molesters seems to be one of the few legitimate functions of government.  Caution should be used, however, as government laws can unfortunately backfire occasionally, and result in truly innocent people being wrongly punished for reasons of political advantage or personal animosity:  http://www.criminalattorney.com/news/child-molestation/

Social ostracization isn't as satisfying as the idea that the offender will be "strung up" (or whatever); it doesn't seem to be as powerful a deterrent as the idea of a S.W.A.T. team crashing through the front door with guns drawn.  But when an individual finds that he cannot buy food from the local grocer, that his neighbors cut him off socially, that he cannot, in short, live as much as possible a normal life, then he must either move away or change his behavior.

The truly Christian thing to do (yes, I am one of those unintelligent believers in God, though I do not believe in Santa Clause--rather arbitrary, what?) would be to adopt the child from the bad parents, and trust to God's eventually punishing the offenders in the most God-awful way imaginable.

For God and Free Trade
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does FTL Support NAMBLA

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 46 queries.