Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone here watch SGU?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone here watch SGU?  (Read 7706 times)

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
Re: Does anyone here watch SGU?
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 10:46:40 PM »

SGU was cancelled.  It's depressing.  That's the only reason I have cable.  I just got rid of my DVR and Cable subscription.  There are no more space based sci fi shows on TV.  After 17 seasons, the Stargate franchise goes out with an unresolved cliffhanger.  This sucks.  At least I can do other things with my time.

"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2010, 04:25:45 PM »

There are ten more episodes they haven't aired yet. 
Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2010, 10:18:12 PM »

There are ten more episodes they haven't aired yet. 

Yeah, I'm getting them in HD via itunes.  I am not going to watch syfy anymore.  There is nothing on that channel but men in tights, indiana jones meets moonlighting type shows such as warehouse 13 and Eureka, and Sanctuary, which really hasn't been really good since the webisodes.  I'm crossing my fingers for V, but It wasn't that great to begin with.  Besides, it's going up against the Biggest Loser, and with Rulan Gardner (He won the gold medal in the olympics for greco roman wrestling a few years back) blowing up to over 400 pound and the 500+ pound guy being on that show at the same time, I don't think
that it stands a chance.

There is hope on the horizon.  The producers and writers are trying to find some way to finish the story.  Maybe some smart Channel such as AMC could pick it up.  I mean, they were smart enough to put on stuff like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, and The Walking dead.  All we need is to finish the story.  Otherwise, if they decide to continue the Stargate series in the future, what happens, a re-boot?  That will alienate any of the fans.  At least Enterprise had a proper finale, no matter how crappy the finale was, but they were able to finish it.  Even firefly was able to properly end with the Serenity movie.

I'm just sick of these Network suits who don't think about anything but the bottom line canceling the smart shows and keeping the crappy, mindless shows. I mean seriously, how much reality TV can you put out there.  And people wonder why TV is losing people in droves?
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2010, 10:14:33 AM »

Syfy is crap. Wtf is with ghost hunter bullshit 24 ho urs straight twice in the same week?
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Evil Muppet

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2010, 04:38:54 PM »

Reality TV is really easy to make.  You don't need to devote a lot of money for good writing talent.  Don't need to devote a lot of money to hiring good actors.  Don't need to devote much money to production.  I'm sure SGU was an expensive show to make.  Don't need to devote a lot of money to building an alien ship with a reality TV show.  I think they might put out a SGU TV movie or two but I wouldn't expect much.  

Why would they need to reboot the series though?  They can go in so many ways with it.  Just go to a different galaxy altogether.  

I hear they are trying to make another BSG series set during the cylon war.  

With V my main complaint is that it has been too slow.  They need to stop trying to be clever and show all this sneaky undercover crap and just get it on.   OH, what do the Vs really want?  I wonder?   I wanna see lizard people who eat humans and rats and a fucking resistance.  Lets see some action .... and boobies.  

Now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2010, 10:03:53 PM »

Reality TV is really easy to make.  You don't need to devote a lot of money for good writing talent.  Don't need to devote a lot of money to hiring good actors.  Don't need to devote much money to production.  I'm sure SGU was an expensive show to make.  Don't need to devote a lot of money to building an alien ship with a reality TV show.  I think they might put out a SGU TV movie or two but I wouldn't expect much.  

Why would they need to reboot the series though?  They can go in so many ways with it.  Just go to a different galaxy altogether.  

I hear they are trying to make another BSG series set during the cylon war.  

With V my main complaint is that it has been too slow.  They need to stop trying to be clever and show all this sneaky undercover crap and just get it on.   OH, what do the Vs really want?  I wonder?   I wanna see lizard people who eat humans and rats and a fucking resistance.  Lets see some action .... and boobies.  

You are so right about reality TV.  The problem with it is that with the exception of a few shows, like biggest loser for example, maybe survivor and dancing with the stars, since they are game shows, it does nothing but show the worst human behavior imaginable.  The vast majority of Reality TV is mindless drivel that does nothing but make kids act bad.  I don't know, but it just makes me lose hope for humanity.

Anyhow, yes, they are making yet another BSG prequel.  Caprica was just starting to get good, and they went and cancelled that one too.  And that one had some really good acting in it, although I could have used a little less of the drama with Eric Stoltz's wife.  I guess we will never get to finish seeing the origin of the Cylons.

Yeah, V is going to slow.  I bet that that one gets cancelled before they can finish it off, too.

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »

I loved the movie Stargate (easily in my top ten, probably top five), but never watched the series.  I heard I was fortunate not to have put any time into it.  I'd thought about pulling the first season down in a torrent to see for myself, but it's not like I don't already have tons of content (thanks, DVR) that I haven't watched.

I have mixed feelings about V.  Love the potential liberty message, hate the scripts.

Never had any interest in watching any "reality TV," though sports is really sorta reality TV, and I won't include that.

I've had DVRs for a long time, and they resurrected my interest in television (they're still nice for snagging movies and storing them until you can watch them, not to mention sports.)  However, now I'm losing interest in even cable/satellite TV, and will probably eventually (well, everyone will eventually) be getting most of my video content online and/or by renting DVDs.

Troublesome

• They'd be surprised!
  • me and my nephew
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2010, 01:31:41 AM »

KREE!

I have always been a huge Stargate fan, all series. I like SGU and of course watch the show religously, but I still get pissed knowing they kicked SG1 and Atlantis for this. SG1 sure, it was in its tenth season and honestly could of been done after season 8, the Ori just annoy me.

But Atlantis? We were finally getting to know more about Wraith culture, we had amazing episodes, and c'mon, they had friggin ASGARDS! EVIL Asgards! In the Pegasas galaxy! How the fuck do you end a season with such an amazing last season? And fucking Todd, he is cooler than Rodney or even Doctor Feldger.

But I digress....

SGU is awesome, especially since they can finally get past setting up the characters background. But have we even found out what the hell happened to Grear before episode 1? There were some major event this season so far, and it looks like they still have a lot to do. I expect a return of the blue aliens, and of course we still need to find out more about the aliens in the mid season finale. There's also those godly powered aliens which I hope doesn't turn into BSG again...

Personally, I'd like more look into Destiny. Now that Rush has everyone's help, it should be easier to look into the rest of the ship. And of course I'm always secretly hoping for some kind of mention of the Furlings....

That is pretty much exactly how i see it, i miss the hell out of Atlantis and can't BELIEVE they left it hanging like that. I am a bit behind on SGU but so far so good :)
I tip my thirty two now I'm gone enough to face the news
Just a pawn in this game making moves, created to lose
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone here watch SGU?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.