Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone here watch breaking bad?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone here watch breaking bad?  (Read 10794 times)

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
Re: Does anyone here watch breaking bad?
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 10:22:15 PM »

What is with the season being so short.  It is like only 8 shows makes a season anymore.  Didn't old tv shows use to have like 16 shows or 18 shows per season?  It just seems there are much shorter than now.

The first season was 8 episodes due to the writer's strike.

Most of these cable shows are short.  The shield averaged about 10 to 13 episodes a season, Nip Tuck the same (although, they are going to keep going until 100 episodes and this past season was split into two seasons due to the writers strike.)  Mad men has about 13.

I guess it leaves you wanting more.  There is going to be at least one more season of 13 episodes.

Frankly, it's a good idea.  Most shows always have a few dud episodes per season.  The lower number keeps the writing better, it allows for fewer crap episodes, and it leaves you wanting more.  No breaks, nothing.  They just show the episodes consecutively.

"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2009, 10:42:05 PM »

OK, so Jesse is officially an idiot Junkie pussywooped simp.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2009, 10:18:05 AM »

SPOILER ALERT if you haven't seen the episode and want to be surprised don't read this post.  You have been informed.

Are you shocked?  Walt is naive and learning quickly.  Jessie has always had drug problems, judgment problems and been a bit slow.  And you have to admit the woman was hot in that classic Bettie Page sort of way.  She was also a bit older and smarter than Jessie so being able to lead him around was going to be a given.  It is possible this event will snap Jessie into realizing that being a junkie can only lead to death.  I knew the Mother of a daughter who died of a heroin overdose and that daughters death snapped her boyfriend right into getting clean.  But in Jessie's case it could make him even more suicidal.  Many junkies are just on an extended ride towards suicide.  Maybe Jessie will notice that the Father wasn't using tough love.  If only he had dragged her off to rehab or to a place that cleans blood of all toxins she would still be alive.   But the Father is going to blame Jessie for her death even though she was the one that introduced Jessie to heroin.  There is also the foreshadowing warning to Walt, "never trust a junkie".  If Jessie gets caught up in her death he might flip on Walt to save his own ass.  Especially if he is going through withdrawal from heroin.  I hear that that is the most difficult thing to get off of because it causes vomiting and other problems.  

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2009, 04:41:46 PM »

SPOILER ALERT if you haven't seen the episode and want to be surprised don't read this post.  You have been informed.

Are you shocked?  Walt is naive and learning quickly.  Jessie has always had drug problems, judgment problems and been a bit slow.  And you have to admit the woman was hot in that classic Bettie Page sort of way.  She was also a bit older and smarter than Jessie so being able to lead him around was going to be a given.  It is possible this event will snap Jessie into realizing that being a junkie can only lead to death.  I knew the Mother of a daughter who died of a heroin overdose and that daughters death snapped her boyfriend right into getting clean.  But in Jessie's case it could make him even more suicidal.  Many junkies are just on an extended ride towards suicide.  Maybe Jessie will notice that the Father wasn't using tough love.  If only he had dragged her off to rehab or to a place that cleans blood of all toxins she would still be alive.   But the Father is going to blame Jessie for her death even though she was the one that introduced Jessie to heroin.  There is also the foreshadowing warning to Walt, "never trust a junkie".  If Jessie gets caught up in her death he might flip on Walt to save his own ass.  Especially if he is going through withdrawal from heroin.  I hear that that is the most difficult thing to get off of because it causes vomiting and other problems. 

Of course I'm waiting for next week's season finale.  Walt's Story is starting to unwind with his wife.  Q is going to find out about what happened i bet.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2009, 10:10:29 AM »

Jessie is going to want to attend the funeral. And, if he somehow drags Walt along (who has to at least pretend to be surprised) then there will be trouble, since Walt and Daddy have met.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2009, 06:33:02 PM »

Neither Jessie nor Walt went to one of their henchmen (dunno his name)'s funeral, and I doubt Walt will go to the girls. He is supposed to stay unattached from the affairs of his cronies so as to appear mysterious and not blow his cover.

I'm guessing Jesse shapes up pretty quickly.  A big problem I think that's going to come up is dealing again with the Mexicans, the Cartel should be taking some action in one of the upcoming episodes I think.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

freetarian

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2009, 07:04:43 PM »

well do you?

If you don't know what it is, it is about a high school chemistry teacher (Brian Cranston I think.  The dad from Malcolm in the middle) who finds out that he has inoperable lung cancer and decides to become a meth cooker to provide for his family after he dies.

It's one of the darkest comedies I have seen in my life.  The episode where the guy's head was cut off and sent on a turtle to the dea who take the head off the turtle and the turtle blows up was just insane!  Go Heinsenburg!

It's on AMC on sunday nights.  They have it on iTunes as well.

I watched 1 episode and decided I would go back and start from the beginning as it looks like an awesome show!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2009, 07:07:23 PM »

well do you?

If you don't know what it is, it is about a high school chemistry teacher (Brian Cranston I think.  The dad from Malcolm in the middle) who finds out that he has inoperable lung cancer and decides to become a meth cooker to provide for his family after he dies.

It's one of the darkest comedies I have seen in my life.  The episode where the guy's head was cut off and sent on a turtle to the dea who take the head off the turtle and the turtle blows up was just insane!  Go Heinsenburg!

It's on AMC on sunday nights.  They have it on iTunes as well.

I watched 1 episode and decided I would go back and start from the beginning as it looks like an awesome show!

I've seen all of this season, and a couple of the first. I havent found the time to go back and watch all the old ones yet.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2009, 09:23:07 PM »

Neither Jessie nor Walt went to one of their henchmen (dunno his name)'s funeral, and I doubt Walt will go to the girls. He is supposed to stay unattached from the affairs of his cronies so as to appear mysterious and not blow his cover.

I'm guessing Jesse shapes up pretty quickly.  A big problem I think that's going to come up is dealing again with the Mexicans, the Cartel should be taking some action in one of the upcoming episodes I think.

Well, if it doesn't happen this weekend, we'll have to wait until next year.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2009, 10:47:12 PM »

Perhaps the season will end with him checking into rehab.

Interesting, how the two characters have virtually changed roles. At the beginning, Jessie was the street-smart one, and Walt the innocent who was unsure what to do next. Now, they've reversed, and Walt is clearly in charge.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2009, 01:34:04 AM »

Whens the damn house gonna explode or at the very least burn down? Those of you who watch every beginning have to have picked up on that by now.

They foreshadowed it sooo much that it better happen this season.

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2009, 07:55:48 AM »

Whens the damn house gonna explode or at the very least burn down? Those of you who watch every beginning have to have picked up on that by now.

You know what could cause that would be the new fancy water heating system Walt installed.  I wonder if it will be before or after he has managed to launder the money?  Many a stupid accident have exposed and otherwise tight criminal enterprise.

LordMarius

• The only Norwegian freemarketeer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2009, 10:40:06 AM »

You know what could cause that would be the new fancy water heating system Walt installed.  I wonder if it will be before or after he has managed to launder the money?  Many a stupid accident have exposed and otherwise tight criminal enterprise.

Why would a cleanup crew wear hazmat suits for a burned down building and a blown up water heater?

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2009, 11:49:55 AM »

Why would a cleanup crew wear hazmat suits for a burned down building and a blown up water heater?

Good point.  Breaking the sewage line that would bring out the hazmat suits.  But that might not be dramatic or exotic enough of an explanation for a tv show.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2009, 06:41:17 PM »

Good point.  Breaking the sewage line that would bring out the hazmat suits.  But that might not be dramatic or exotic enough of an explanation for a tv show.

Also I thought he had a small fancy water heater, not enough to blow up his house that much. Still, they didnt pick up money out of the pool so I assume he got it out in time.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone here watch breaking bad?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 32 queries.