Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone here watch breaking bad?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone here watch breaking bad?  (Read 10875 times)

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
Re: Does anyone here watch breaking bad?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 10:18:39 AM »

I have been watching from the very first episode.  Breaking Bad is the best thing on TV and the only reason we are keeping cable tv.  I looked into Dish but I would actually have to spend more money to get AMC than I do now on standard cable.  I would get rid of cable in favor of netflix or pulling stuff off the net to watch on the channel websites but we have found we like the random nature of seeing what programing is on. 

Anyway I thought that the baby was suppose to be a girl?  Missing an ultra sound is one thing, missing the birth of your kid.  That is several stories below dog house for any husband. 

The owner of fast food restaurants as the king pin.  Well that is true to life many gangs and mobsters have used restaurants as a way to launder money.  And the foreshadowing is not just visual it is also often found in the dialogue. 

And just to prove my complete geekiness did anyone else catch who the father/landlord of the girlfriend happens to be?  It is the actor that played Q on STNG.  I wonder how he will fit in later.  I hope it wasn't just the one off cameo. 

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 06:03:03 PM »

Did anyone here watch tonights episode?  I think that my jaw was dropped for half of the show.  I dont think that I have seen anything like this on TV before.  With the exception of the beginning, it was so graphic with the heroin and stuff.  Especially the end.  The guy's got an hour to deliver his meth or lose out on the money.  His partner has the stash of 38 pounds of meth, who happens to try heroin for the first time.  The topper is that while all this stuff is going on, Heisenberg's wife is going into labor.

If that's not some of the most riveting tv in recent memory, I don't know what is.

Yeah my gf was upset because I was so focused on the episode which she had seen before. Of course if you watch the previews of the next episode you know that

SPOILERS:

Walt makes the deal but misses the birth of his son. Then the bitch girlfriend of Jesse (the partner) tries to blackmail him for money. My guess is he tried to hold out money for not helping in the deal.

Walt should cut those strings snip snip.

The chick is a cutie, but she's gotta be dumped.  So does Jessie, but of course, that's never going to happen.  That whole scene at the end was fricking hillarious.  I'm trying to figure out when Wal't wife id finally going to find out.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 06:05:28 PM »

I have been watching from the very first episode.  Breaking Bad is the best thing on TV and the only reason we are keeping cable tv.  I looked into Dish but I would actually have to spend more money to get AMC than I do now on standard cable.  I would get rid of cable in favor of netflix or pulling stuff off the net to watch on the channel websites but we have found we like the random nature of seeing what programing is on. 

Anyway I thought that the baby was suppose to be a girl?  Missing an ultra sound is one thing, missing the birth of your kid.  That is several stories below dog house for any husband. 

The owner of fast food restaurants as the king pin.  Well that is true to life many gangs and mobsters have used restaurants as a way to launder money.  And the foreshadowing is not just visual it is also often found in the dialogue. 

And just to prove my complete geekiness did anyone else catch who the father/landlord of the girlfriend happens to be?  It is the actor that played Q on STNG.  I wonder how he will fit in later.  I hope it wasn't just the one off cameo. 

John DeLancie.  He also played Colonel Simmons in Stargate.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:57:18 PM by miamiballoonguy »
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2009, 09:01:50 PM »

If you want to watch BB without having to pay for cable, just wait a bit and Netflix the show. No commercials, and no annoying pop-ups advertising other shows.

Another good show is Dexter.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2009, 03:00:46 PM »

Or, surfthechannel.com since you clearly have an internet connection. Or just  google for it.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2009, 05:51:05 PM »

Or, surfthechannel.com since you clearly have an internet connection. Or just  google for it.
That sounds like a good resource I will have to check it out especially now that the bay is no more.

Alex Free Market

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2009, 07:48:28 PM »

Been watching all the Rockford Files on hulu lately.

"Never trust a guy that's never been to the joint." That's my all-time favorite Rockford quote.   Don't think I fully agree with it, but in a certain context, I thought it was quite insightful.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2009, 01:21:41 AM »

That sounds like a good resource I will have to check it out especially now that the bay is no more.

Its amazing. And movie-wise, if they dont have it on there check out watch-movies-links.net (formerly watch-movies.net).
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2009, 06:59:04 AM »

Back to Breaking Bad.  Isn't it really interesting that the boss Skyler is flirting with because she is pissed at Walt is also doing something criminal for the similar reasons as Walt?  He is cooking the books to keep the business afloat to save his company and people's jobs.  And Skyler knows about it yet hasn't called the police.  Similarly she hasn't called the police on her clepto sister either.  It makes you wonder even though she shows moral indignation when push comes to shove she doesn't nark on the people in her life.   Almost wonder if she would have understood Walts needs to get medical treatment and possibly save his life were worth the risk of breaking the law?  Considering she might have been just as naive as Walt concerning the real dangers of the drug world.  My point being will she be more angry he lied to her and didn't trust her with his plans or will she be angry he was breaking the law.  Cause I don't think she is so hung up on being by the book.

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2009, 07:25:01 AM »

Back to Breaking Bad.  Isn't it really interesting that the boss Skyler is flirting with because she is pissed at Walt is also doing something criminal for the similar reasons as Walt?  He is cooking the books to keep the business afloat to save his company and people's jobs.  And Skyler knows about it yet hasn't called the police.  Similarly she hasn't called the police on her clepto sister either.  It makes you wonder even though she shows moral indignation when push comes to shove she doesn't nark on the people in her life.   Almost wonder if she would have understood Walts needs to get medical treatment and possibly save his life were worth the risk of breaking the law?  Considering she might have been just as naive as Walt concerning the real dangers of the drug world.  My point being will she be more angry he lied to her and didn't trust her with his plans or will she be angry he was breaking the law.  Cause I don't think she is so hung up on being by the book.

When she eventually find out what Walt's been doing, she's either going to join him or leave him.  Either way the dea brother in law is going to find out eventually and then, the shit will hit the fan.  All that foreshadowing that has been going on at the beginning of the show also has potential.  I mean, why do they keep flashing back to the pool and  keep showing the body bags full of bodies.  I'm sure something either really funny or really bad is going to happen.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:58:20 PM by miamiballoonguy »

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2009, 07:54:05 AM »

Walt was doing it for the money. Now, he's doing it because he likes the excitement.

I wonder how many people would do the same if they had the trade skills? I would not, myself. For one thing, I have a low thrill threshold. For another, I have no interest in that line of work.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 07:56:08 AM by mikehz »
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

fatcat

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2009, 08:00:40 AM »

Walt was doing it for the money. Now, he's doing it because he likes the excitement.

Also, I think another part of it is Walt finally asserting control over his life.

It started with the drug trade, like with Walt demanding money from Tuco, but now it is spreading to the rest of his life, like at Walt's "remission party", where Walt stand's up to Hank about giving his son booze, and again with his competitors in the hardware store ("stay out of my territory"), it seems to be the same kind of aggressive outburst that he has been asserting in the Drug trade, and with his increasingly dictatorial attitude towards Jesse.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 08:12:48 AM by fatcat »

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2009, 08:20:33 AM »

I wonder how many people would do the same if they had the trade skills? I would not, myself. For one thing, I have a low thrill threshold. For another, I have no interest in that line of work.

Yeah but what if you had a desperate need for money to save your life?  Would you yourself then consider Breaking Bad ????

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2009, 12:16:30 PM »

Yeah but what if you had a desperate need for money to save your life?  Would you yourself then consider Breaking Bad ????
I would

libertylover

• No Title Needed
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2009, 06:34:56 PM »

What is with the season being so short.  It is like only 8 shows makes a season anymore.  Didn't old tv shows use to have like 16 shows or 18 shows per season?  It just seems there are much shorter than now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone here watch breaking bad?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 32 queries.