Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone here watch breaking bad?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone here watch breaking bad?  (Read 10863 times)

miamiballoonguy

• Twisted Balloons For All Occasions
  • Have Balloons, Will Travel!
    • View Profile
    • The Miami Balloon Guy's Home Page
Does anyone here watch breaking bad?
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:44:23 PM »

well do you?

If you don't know what it is, it is about a high school chemistry teacher (Brian Cranston I think.  The dad from Malcolm in the middle) who finds out that he has inoperable lung cancer and decides to become a meth cooker to provide for his family after he dies.

It's one of the darkest comedies I have seen in my life.  The episode where the guy's head was cut off and sent on a turtle to the dea who take the head off the turtle and the turtle blows up was just insane!  Go Heinsenburg!

It's on AMC on sunday nights.  They have it on iTunes as well.
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
Re: Does anyone here watch breaking bad?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 11:19:46 PM »

Possibly the best thing on TV right now.
"Force always attracts men of low morality." Albert Einstein

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 11:50:44 PM »

Possibly the best thing on TV right now.

Too bad it ends in the next month or so...  Well, at least there's Mad men, Gene Simmons Family Jewels, and last comic Standing this summer...
« Last Edit: May 31, 2009, 11:53:05 PM by miamiballoonguy »
"People keep asking me, 'Balloon Guy, what kinds of things can you make?' and I'm like, 'I used to make a Charlie Chaplin balloon, but my Jewish Friends told me to stop making it.  They all thought it looked like Hitler.'

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 11:58:26 PM »

I watched a few episodes of the first season but already had a lot of shows I was watching, but my GF really loves it so I've seen every episode of the current season (havent seen tonights yet) and I like it.

I like how at the beginning of the episodes it showed foreshadowing to the house having been (assumed) blown up and the debris placed in the pool. I guessed that one about 2 episodes in of the pool beginning and it signs point to it so far. Then with the mexican band beginning with them showing Heinsenburg facedown on the ground, excellent.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 01:20:08 AM »

I liked the first couple of episodes, but haven't had (nor wanted) cable after that.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 01:32:22 AM »

I liked the first couple of episodes, but haven't had (nor wanted) cable after that.

The great thing about the internet is we have sites that solve that problem:

surfthechannel.com

http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/2753.html
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 01:34:50 AM »

Really, better than most things on television AND in the theaters.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 08:19:48 AM »

Really, better than most things on television AND in the theaters.

It really is...  This whole lawyer episode is great.  Better call Saul...  He called Walter 'Fredo'...  That was hilarious.

Well, it looks like there will be at least one more 13 episode season.  Early next year.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 11:24:14 AM »

If you haven't seen the show, you can sample it in their minisodes: http://blogs.amctv.com/breaking-bad/2009/02/original-minisodes.php

Dylboz

• What a deal! A few bucks a month makes me an
  • FTL AMPlifier Silver
  • Only Anarcho-Capitalism is consistent with the NAP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 04:55:28 PM »

I'll be buying the DVD's. It's really weird to watch reruns of Malcolm in the Middle now.
Religion is metaphysical statism. I will be ruled by no man on earth, nor by any god in heaven.

Please check out my blog!
Dylboznia

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »

The great thing about the internet is we have sites that solve that problem:

surfthechannel.com

http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/2753.html

I'll do it!

Been watching all the Rockford Files on hulu lately.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

fatcat

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 09:51:31 PM »

Great show, although I fear it might be losing its depressing edge, not much has gone wrong for Walt in season 2, and his lung cancer seems to be a peripheral element. I think the developments with the DEA brother-in-law character have been great though.

Season 1 Breaking Bad Torrents
Season 2 Breaking Bad Torrents

miamiballoonguy

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 12:10:40 AM »

Did anyone here watch tonights episode?  I think that my jaw was dropped for half of the show.  I dont think that I have seen anything like this on TV before.  With the exception of the beginning, it was so graphic with the heroin and stuff.  Especially the end.  The guy's got an hour to deliver his meth or lose out on the money.  His partner has the stash of 38 pounds of meth, who happens to try heroin for the first time.  The topper is that while all this stuff is going on, Heisenberg's wife is going into labor.

If that's not some of the most riveting tv in recent memory, I don't know what is.

mikehz

• View Profile
    • Day by Day
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 12:53:32 AM »

Recorded on my DVR. Or, it had BETTER have recorded!

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 09:54:41 AM »

Did anyone here watch tonights episode?  I think that my jaw was dropped for half of the show.  I dont think that I have seen anything like this on TV before.  With the exception of the beginning, it was so graphic with the heroin and stuff.  Especially the end.  The guy's got an hour to deliver his meth or lose out on the money.  His partner has the stash of 38 pounds of meth, who happens to try heroin for the first time.  The topper is that while all this stuff is going on, Heisenberg's wife is going into labor.

If that's not some of the most riveting tv in recent memory, I don't know what is.

Yeah my gf was upset because I was so focused on the episode which she had seen before. Of course if you watch the previews of the next episode you know that

SPOILERS:

Walt makes the deal but misses the birth of his son. Then the bitch girlfriend of Jesse (the partner) tries to blackmail him for money. My guess is he tried to hold out money for not helping in the deal.

Walt should cut those strings snip snip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone here watch breaking bad?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 31 queries.