Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone else see signs pointing to violence in America's future?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Does anyone else see signs pointing to violence in America's future?  (Read 3788 times)

rookie

• THIS DESIGN IS A CLASSIC!
    • View Profile

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/662R2awSwPQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/662R2awSwPQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

I thought this quite an ominous right wing attempt to get out the vote.

there are a few songs/artists that have sprung up within the last decade that have produced pieces that either allude to revolt or just have a strong anti-government sentiment.

and of course...people seem to becoming more fed up and disenfranchised with DC in general.

A residence on the street I live in has been flying one of those Yellow "DONT TREAD ON MY FLAGS" since inauguration day.  (btw...This is Connecticut; not New Hampshire).  I marked that off as an anamoly until I noticed another residence a few weeks ago flying the same flag--on the same street even.

This thread is by no means an attempt endorse violence as a means to an end....

I'm just wondering if anyone else here on the boards has picked up on some of these or other subtle nuances of the times we live in.

:?

Do yourself a favor.

Bill Brasky

Re: Does anyone else see signs pointing to violence in America's future?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2010, 03:41:31 AM »

People are pissed.  Every time I talk to someone about anything vaguely political, thats the conclusion.  The more reforms and taxes, or even mention of taxes, the closer we get to the tipping point.  Every day, someone walks into somewhere and starts shooting - and these are just the ones we hear about.  They may not directly represent anything purely political, anything specific, but its a symptom of a massive group of unhappiness looking to enact revenge on fucked up living situations.  Opportunity is going down the drain in a big sucking sound, taking hard-earned wealth with it. 

The generations of prosperity that made the next have a better standard is reversing, and we may not be squatting in the dirt, but they do not like the vision of the future as it currently appears, nor do they like the sudden slap-down the present has wrought so easily.  These people blame the establishment and its lies, and are sick of footing the brunt of the cost, and watching the redistribution to people who have done nothing to earn it. 

Meanwhile, the things we worked so hard for can now be so easily obtained by people who don't even work for or appreciate it, everything is turned on its head.  Your average schmo can walk out of WalMart with a huge flat-panel, and put it up in his really nice crib - paid for with welfare and drug money in a foreclosure sale, and the box gets left outside on his litter-strewn lawn as our home values spiral down to nothing.  People are living purely in the moment, not for tomorrow.  They're just abandoning shit and leaving us with the bill, racking up debt and walking away from it when our ethics of two years ago have us trying to pay it down at exorbitant rates that are going higher.  Doesn't surprise me at all that people are going on murder sprees, when they can't get a permit to improve their house when the one next door is a fucking slumpit, and was nicely kept just a few years ago by a different family who had to leave.  Its enough to make good and decent people consider doing the same walk-away routine.  Its an epidemic.

The more it happens, the more it will grow, in a snowball.  And the symptomatic violence will grow with it, as people unfamiliar with their situation are thrust into uncomfortable choices, it will push more people over the edge.  This is the tinderbox, waiting for the spark.  Wealth, opportunity and prosperity are the damp green that prevents it from catching flame.  Blockades and martial law are the firestops when it erupts in the dry and unforgiving minds of people who once had it all, and now have shit for their efforts.  Its gonna keep happening, person after person.  Mixed among the snaps are more methodical lunatics who will do Beltway Sniper-style acts, putting already edgy people on further emotional roller coasters.  It doesn't take much to put people into hysteria, when shit is no fucking good to begin with.  And when the mob finally loses its marbles in revolt, nothing can stop it short of murdering it as it shakes the gates to wreckage.  That'll be the breaking point of our people, media blackout on the White House lawn, dead strewn everywhere. 

I hope to be so far out in the middle Bumfuck when that happens, it takes me all day to go get groceries.  All those lunatics can kiss my ass, on both sides of their angry little squabble. 

Great video, by the way. 

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 06:23:24 AM »

I've noticed the same Drifter.  People are going insane due to poorness imposed on us by the government through over-regulation and taxation.  Average folks are getting squeezed harder and harder and the slightly below average folks feel it the most.  My parents who are slightly above average are feeling it real good right now and are not happy.  But what can anybody do about it?  Move to NH and go to jail for freedom?  Please.  These people going on rampages are the slightly below average folks it seems.  I just wish these folks could recognize where the squeeze is coming from and how it is being applied.  Then maybe we could get real change for the better.  Fuckin unemployment is through the roof in my state.  I don't have a degree yet, but I am competing with people who have MA's and BS's in Biology and Chemistry for jobs.  It's insane.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

Bill Brasky

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 07:40:58 AM »

The population is way fucking dense out there, numerically I mean.

The tax thing thats not supposed to rise is being imposed on store shelves, and all sorts of insidious little fees in utility bills, cell phone bills, things of that nature.  The net bottom line of your income won't change drastically, but good luck buying stuff with it.  Normal stuff is shooting through the roof.  I was gonna buy curtains for my kid the other day at WallyWorld, 2 windows, four panels - a hundred bucks.  For fucking curtains, nothing special about them.  A binder for school, Mead, with a zipper, $18.  I almost shit.

People are getting destroyed with normal living fees.  Pizza/wings $40.  Nickel and dime'd absolutely to death. 

Rallying around any particular cause is a waste of time.  Your voice will be heard, amid the growing restlessness, and its better than being quiet.  But it won't solve anything.  They just keep on doing what they do.  They don't give a shit if we like it. 

Changing your habits is the only way to survive.  Be efficient and thrifty, and aware of the impending situation.  Believing nothing will ever happen will result in some serious WTF moment at some point.  I hope it holds off long enough for me to get my shit together.  I give it a couple years before major drama, but a couple years is all I need. 

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 04:48:24 PM »

I haven't met anyone to have had a meaningful political discussion with in a long while, except online.

All the people I know have their heads in the clouds, still believing that the Gov. is gonna work it all out soon.. and if it doesn't, well they're more than ready to elect new Democrats to give it a shot next time. The single issue they remotely get worked up about is Climate Change.. as in they actually believe it to be true and are angered by anyone who isn't buying into it.

I fear that those who will become defensive (not violent, at least in an offensive way) will quickly be marginalized for their desire to keep their weapons, not pay taxes, whatever the issues are, and will be shunned if not reported by their neighbors.

Many reports say that the divide between middle and lower class is shrinking, more numbers landing in the lower end. So take a look at the lower class now and I think you can get a good picture of tomorrows society as it slips further into self degradation.
Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

Cognitive Dissident

• Amateur Agorist
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 05:42:49 PM »

I'd mostly agree with the video, though it appears to be carefully constructed to complain mostly about Democrat insanity.  Makes me wonder how these people got through the previous eight years without seeing the Republican insanity.

A lot of people I know are near the end of the line.  For those of us who were compelled to feed the parasites it soon will be time to choose between becoming a burden on society or catching a bullet or 40 to make a point.  I think the average politician is completely unaware of how bad things are and how much worse they will get. 

The common theme seems to be that those who believed they were in power have killed the goose that lays the golden egg, and this time, the species seems extinct.  Those who said this crisis will make the Great Depression look like on off day of business are seeing their fears come true.

ForumTroll

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 07:01:39 PM »

I won't believe it until the torch and pitchfork crowd has started hot tarring and feathering politicians in front of their offices.

Sam Gunn (since nobody got Admiral Naismith)

• A Cut Above The Rest
  • If government is the answer, the question is stupi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »

I don't see people torching government offices necessarily.  I see riots in the streets France style where they burn each other's vehicles because they don't know how to properly focus their anger on those who deserve it.  I see a world similar to the one painted in Niven's Fallen Angels, minus the ice age.  Green Police, more poverty, more government, and more frustration.
"Do not throw rocks at people with guns." —Hastings' Third Law
"Income tax returns are the most imaginative fiction being written today." —Herman Wouk 

"If you want total security, go to prison. There you're fed, clothed, given medical care and so on. The only thing lacking... is freedom." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

davann

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2010, 12:44:17 PM »

Got my rope and just waiting for the okay to start the hanging from the lamp posts. Let me know when, I really do not want to miss it.

Harry Tuttle

• Please don't feed the elitists
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2010, 04:43:29 PM »

Got my rope and just waiting for the okay to start the hanging from the lamp posts. Let me know when, I really do not want to miss it.

:lol:

With my luck, I would be in a government building to pay a fine, wearing a suit because I also had a job interview that day, and I would be picked up along with the gubbermint trash.  :shock:

"If you're giving up your freedom to have freedom you don't have freedom, dummy."              - Mark Edge (10/11/08 show)

Kevin Freeheart

• FTL AMPlifier Gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2010, 01:36:51 AM »

Government still has legitimacy. I predict a LOT of violence until that changes.
Quote from: John Shaw
Libman was setting you up. You see, he's a resident troll, which means that while I hate him passionately and wish him great harm, he's ONE OF OURS. You are a pathetic interloper who will fade away in a few weeks at most.

hellbilly

• Pogue Mahone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 02:12:33 AM »

Still say you guys are crazy. Most Americans want to work and shop.

Violence comes about over hot issues like sports events (Riot if my team wins! Riot if my team loses!), and mad rushes on MalWart come the Holidays..

When it comes to hard stuff like politics and stuff, here's your typical American:

Give me Liberty or give me Meth!

"We are profoundly dissatisfied with pretty much everything but we can’t articulate why, and are unable to offer any viable alternative." - Nathaniel Weiner

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 02:17:02 AM »

Even in the Mad Max world the police still made some attempts at controlling the populace (through spectacular high speed chases).
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

Brainwashed

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 12:48:32 PM »

Riots don't seem to last too long, anyone remember the riots in LA, or Watts in the past?  Sure it will be raining bullets for about a week, but eventually they seem to fizzle out like a sparkler on Independance day. 

TimeLady Victorious

• Aprilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2010, 07:21:08 PM »

I live in Detroit, violence is already here.
ENGAGE RIDLEY MOTHER FUCKER
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Does anyone else see signs pointing to violence in America's future?

// ]]>

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 46 queries.