Welcome to the Free Talk Live bulletin board system!
This board is closed to new users and new posts.  Thank you to all our great mods and users over the years.  Details here.
185859 Posts in 9829 Topics by 1371 Members
Latest Member: cjt26
Home Help
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dllama in the Free State
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Down

Author Topic: Dllama in the Free State  (Read 67204 times)

BonerJoe

Dllama in the Free State
« on: September 14, 2011, 11:50:48 AM »

New thread.

John Shaw

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Think Twice Productions
Re: Dllama in the Free State
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 11:52:38 AM »

I for one welcome our new Joseph Voluntaryist Non-Chalker Delano Boner thread.
"btw its not a claim. Its documented fact."

BonerJoe

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 12:20:13 PM »

http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=5482.0;topicseen

I have had issues with the bullhorns, yelling, and other forms of nuisance activism.  We are pissing people off with very little benefit towards our goals. 
Once I stepped back from the events friday night, I believe the yelling, including my own is a lack of discipline.  A friend at work saw me in the square, and thought I was in the middle of a riot.  She said she wanted to try to pull me away, but was too afraid.  This woman is 10 years younger than myself, but I think she is right.  We are burning community bridges, and scarring otherwise good friends.  This is not new.  In the last week along, a woman walking her dog chit chatted with me, and I told her where I lived and she said "oh, you lived where the 420 guys all lived, they were kinda crazy".  I didn't volunteer that I was a supporter of marijuana legalization.  One of the guys in the large apt in my building said 'uncharitable' things about the freestaters.  And of course my friend at works concerns.  In one week!
I will no longer participate in these kinds of situations until I first gain discipline.  I would encourage others to join me, partly to reinforce my own intentions.  (my arrest in Nashua a year ago was largely due to getting angry and acting on impulse, I don't like to do activism outside of 'my base of support.  I was prepping myself mentally for an arrest friday, and I am glad I didn't go through with it.)  We must maintain the moral high ground, which I am increasingly concerned we have lost.  It is hard to inspire people when they are looking down their noses at us. 

Good activism should be focused on building the kind of culture and community that we want.  Anti-whatever is not building, is is only taking something down.
In the past we had a great community on Church st, with several of us living on one street.  Many in one house, although in retrospect, that may have been too close.   ;)  My front porch was the activist center before there was an activist center. 
Culture is already developing, with
1 a basic anti-authority ethic,
2 the Non-Aggression Principle, NAP,
3. and the one I like-Natural Law with an emphasis on the golden rule, followed by the two common law principles. 
----1. 'Don't do to others', as you don't want done to you. 
----2. 'Don't encroach' on other individuals or their property.
----3. 'Don't commit fraud'.

At issue is we need to focus our efforts, with is very hard in the de-centralized model we have been focusing on.  I suggest we start an organization dedicated to promotion of an image and some of the less controversial things we have attempted to promote.  The model I have in mind is the networking type organization similar to the Southern Christian Leadership Conference that Dr. Martin Luther King was president of. 
They would not organize an issue unless they could make it easy to understand and crystal clear in its objective.  Image was carefully controlled, meaning to participate you had to commit to nonviolence, and follow their rules some of which were to wear your sunday best clothes, not engage in the frequent counter-protests, and they would run training classes focused on role play and teaching how to deal with the violence directed against them without retaliation, and with discipline. 
Only a dictator can enforce near perfect control, so there were exceptions to the SCLC's best efforts, but they were the recognized leaders for years because they were successful. 

I welcome comments and ideas. 

BonerJoe

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 12:24:26 PM »

I guess  Friday night's dance party is what has prompted a assessment of our actions and behaviors.

I'm probably going to get shit for saying what's on my mind, but we may be able to better reflect on "cause and effect" now that the influence of Ian and CopBlock.org is temporarily absent from the Keene scene.

BonerJoe

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 12:38:32 PM »

I think what I'm trying to say is that both Ian's "Free Talk Live" product and Pete and Ademo's"CopBlock.org" benefit from the "do everything possible to antagonize government employees" approach.

Free Talk Live benefits from it by providing "interesting" show content and arguments between hosts and callers so that the show becomes more popular.

CopBlock.org benefits from it by keeping donations coming in and being able to market their merchandise.

Without the publicity of continuing to escalate confrontations, both if their streams of income slows down to a trickle.

Just a theory...

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 02:15:11 PM »

Without the publicity of continuing to escalate confrontations, both if their streams of income slows down to a trickle.
That's a fact, not a theory.
I've volunteered to buy one-way bus tickets for Ademo and a few select others. Their antics are perfect for someplace hopeless like California or Mass. But those same antics work against us in NH.

alaric89

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2011, 04:03:05 PM »

Ruckus in Keene's Central Square
Would any free Keener mind explaining why these hoodlums were being supported and the cops were getting so much shit in this video?
I mean come on, these guys were obviously trouble and the cops did do their jobs.
Allthough that Amish lumberjack showing his c-cup was kind of funny.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 04:55:57 PM by alaric89 »

BonerJoe

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2011, 06:16:04 PM »

Derrick gets arrested again, this time for pot?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojAVPTYA_mc[/youtube]

BonerJoe

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2011, 06:32:43 PM »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxO8x7D3teo&feature=mh_lolz&list=LLID8VNJllFjRrW8i11OAnKw[/youtube]
Would any free Keener mind explaining why these hoodlums were being supported and the cops were getting so much shit in this video?
I mean come on, these guys were obviously trouble and the cops did do their jobs.
Allthough that Amish lumberjack showing his c-cup was kind of funny.

Those aren't Free Keener's/Stater's. Though one guy claims to be?

This wasn't even shot by anyone involved in the movement. A Keene radio station reporter.

sillyperson

• Free the Mallocs!
    • View Profile
    • NH Liberty Alliance
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2011, 10:44:38 PM »

Those aren't Free Keener's/Stater's.
If FK is mostly about smoking pot on central square (and for most townspeople, that appears to be what it's about), then what's the difference between those jackballs and the "official" FKers?

BTW, sucks about Derrick. He's a cool personality on the show lately.

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2011, 11:11:51 PM »

I've volunteered to buy one-way bus tickets for Ademo and a few select others. Their antics are perfect for someplace hopeless like California or Mass. But those same antics work against us in NH.

Wrong, Ademo and Pete bring a lot of good people to NH.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BonerJoe

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2011, 11:29:15 PM »

Can you name one?

anarchir

• Extraordinaire
  • No victim, no crime.
    • View Profile
    • Prepared Security
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2011, 11:59:39 PM »

Can you name one?

Will be me eventually. If we are just spouting out our opinions mine is as good as anyones. They repeatedly leave, gather attention then yoyo back to NH. They arent like Sam or Carroll where they do a bit of work, burn out, then bail. I think these guys will get older, settle down more, and the cycle of people will keep coming.
Good people disobey bad laws.
PreparedSecurity.com - Modern security and preparedness for the 21st century.
 [img width= height= alt=Prepared Security]http://www.prepareddesign.com/uploads/4/4/3/6/4436847/1636340_orig.png[/img]

BonerJoe

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2011, 12:03:39 AM »

Can you name one?

Will be me eventually. If we are just spouting out our opinions mine is as good as anyones. They repeatedly leave, gather attention then yoyo back to NH. They arent like Sam or Carroll where they do a bit of work, burn out, then bail. I think these guys will get older, settle down more, and the cycle of people will keep coming.

Why do you think they burned out?

dalebert

• Blasphemor
  • FTL Creative Team
    • View Profile
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2011, 12:15:14 AM »

Why do you think they burned out?

Not referring to any specific person, but I think the reason for many is because they come here with unrealistic expectations and are impatient. The ones we want are people who come here with plans for building a life here above and beyond activism. For most people, activism can't be your life. A few people have found a way to make a living off of it but even then, I'm not sure how sustainable that can be. Like Jay pointed out, CopBlock seems to keep having to escalate things to keep it dramatic for ratings and support. Ian and Mark are pulling it off pretty well but their plan was likely sustainable even had they not moved here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 17   Go Up
+  The Free Talk Live BBS
|-+  Free Talk Live
| |-+  General
| | |-+  Dllama in the Free State

// ]]>

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 32 queries.